Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

This disrespect towards Duncan is off the charts
His been a awesome player for us... and a great club man. But unfortunately his just not the player who once was and to keep playing at AFL level.... just because people say that doesn't mean it's disrespectful

I’m no lawyer but I would assume unless deemed medically unfit to play that Oliver would need to play to satisfy his requirements of the contract to be paid. I’m not sure he can just refuse to play for them.

Cam McCarthy sat out the 2016 season when no trade was agreed to between GWS & Freo - do we know what happened to him in terms of his contract and salary?

Couldn't he just go do a ton of blow again, cite mental health issues, and sit the season out? It might not be planned, but it's certainly not implausible as an eventuation, if he really doesn't want to be there.
If Clayton Oliver does that, he will never play AFL again. I think people have learned from the Cousins and Carey sabbaticals - and Oliver is no Cousins or Carey.

Agree, I’d have Duncan over Rohan. I know Duncs has slowed down but footy IQ and skills over pace.
I'd have Duncan over Rohan as well.

Yes, he's not what he was - but he can still get his 20 touches off half-back or through the middle, he's still decent by foot, he still keeps a cool head and he can still play in a variety of roles.

The writing was on Rohan's wall when he got donuts in a VFL final. The guy also only plays one position at AFL level.

This disrespect towards Duncan is off the charts
Yeah Nah...
Time is up.
Old age, a slowing body then add to that a faster game, it has taken it's toll.
He'll get gifted the 2-3 odd games to get to the 300 club in 2025.
Well done! The Club has done the right thing and congrats to Mitch.
For me he was always the 4th even the 5th midfield amigo in my book.
He was part of great teams, a great era, magnificent midfields & was a fantastic foot soldier that complimented them well.
But that's my opinion and we all have them so I'll just stick to that and mine.
I and i'd say WE as a collective Wish him well.
I thank him for his contribution to a mighty era that the club went through as he was indeed an integral part of it.
As with many of those boys who were part of it we cheer off Mitch & Hawk as they are the last of the MOHICANS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the coaching staff really knew how to effectively use either Rohan or Duncan this season as aged champions they were with their own individual deficiencies. It seemed like either of them were not great sub options and it was hard to hide them or get them into the game against more highly skilled, quicker opposition. Both were okay at times against weaker opposition who were less efficient, played less continuous footy and also allowed us to get it on our terms. Statistically, Rohan seemed to have had a bigger drop off this season evident by his noticeable inability to impact games seen in his reduction in tackles and contested possessions which had made him so dangerous in recent years.

Averaged more disposals a game than both Bruhn and Atkins this year and can actually hit a target. Duncan on fumes is better than some of our full time midfielders
So you've used your lowest bar. Your whipping boy so to speak.
And somehow used it to praise up another bloke with it??
C'mon man. You're one of my favourite scribes on here for your many differing posts.
But you've tripped yourself up here buddy.
But i'll help you up.
Have another stab at it.
Mitch Duncan is/was.... {insert here}.
I'll help. For me.... "One of our finest foot soldiers in a golden era"
Cheers Bud. Keep punching!

I’m no lawyer but I would assume unless deemed medically unfit to play that Oliver would need to play to satisfy his requirements of the contract to be paid. I’m not sure he can just refuse to play for them.

He has to play but he can just phone it in and play at half power all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back