Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I could see 17 & F1 with Bailey and other pics back, but who knows? Letting Bailey go to the draft just to spite the Cats seems like a very unprofessional decision and doesn't seem in the spirit of it all. To do that to a guy who has played for your club would be one of the shittiest things I have ever seen in football. This is the culture under Beveridge.

Last edited:
I think he goes around 12ish but yes.

It only takes one and the predicted order changes.. and lets face it… CalT waits till the last 48hrs to call it and still only nails the top10 to 15 … my point really is only that the type of players they will be able to select from is a good standard

I could see 17 & F1 with Bailey and other pics back, but who knows? Letting Bailey go to the draft just to spite the Cats seems like a very unprofessional decision and doesn't seem in the spirit of it all. To do that to a guy who has played for your club and helped you win a flag would be one of the shittiest things I have ever seen in football. This is the culture under Beveridge.
Positive he played in GF 21
Not premiership 2016

Every single Dogs fan I know would rather see him go to the draft than get unders for him. We may lose this time but not long term. We don’t want to be pushed around by wealthy clubs anymore. He hasn’t even got to free agency and we feel we are being screwed by the AFL and the wealthy clubs who are also throughout the media. He is a young gun with 10 years left in the game. But he is an extremely immature narcissist easily lead by money and fame, not necessarily football history.
I get that you probably can't see it...

... but this attitude is EXACTLY why your club is not in the position you want to be. You're not "being screwed" by the the AFL and the "wealthy clubs", you're doing it to yourselves with your whiny victim mentality.

If you want to be a serious club, you need to grow up and take responsibility for where you're at instead of looking for scapegoats to blame.

And taking responsibility for where you're at does NOT include doing clearly stupid stuff out of frustration or spite, like walking Smith to the draft instead of taking a first round pick in a strong draft for a player who has never been AA, has never even been top 3 in a B&F, hasn't played great footy for a couple of years and is coming off an ACL... and instead getting absolutely nothing. That would be a loser move, and only a loser club would make it.

Every single Dogs fan I know would rather see him go to the draft than get unders for him. We may lose this time but not long term. We don’t want to be pushed around by wealthy clubs anymore. He hasn’t even got to free agency and we feel we are being screwed by the AFL and the wealthy clubs who are also throughout the media. He is a young gun with 10 years left in the game. But he is an extremely immature narcissist easily lead by money and fame, not necessarily football history.
Muppet.... why would you rather get nothing for Bailey Smith, when you could hold your hand out and get a 1st rounder pick...

It's basically like someone giving you $1 million dollars 💸, right now... But you say no i want $2 million, and if i don't get 2 million id rather nothing at all, and we get to keep a Million dollars

That Oliver and the MFC have made their peace, and he's going to commit to them.

I haven’t heard anything recently which I assume means that a trade to us is unlikely which is where it was at last time I posted about it. I certainly haven’t heard that there’s been any significant developments since the D’s b&f. If there’s been speculation to the contrary I’m not sure there’s been any real veracity to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see 17 & F1 with Bailey and other pics back, but who knows? Letting Bailey go to the draft just to spite the Cats seems like a very unprofessional decision and doesn't seem in the spirit of it all. To do that to a guy who has played for your club and helped you win a flag would be one of the shittiest things I have ever seen in football. This is the culture under Beveridge.
Bailey hasn’t won a premiership with us

Maybe one day when the Doggies are playing home games at GMHBA and we are pocketing from them we will be a big club.

Boy they'll hate us even more if that happens.

They'd be hooking us up with some brown paper bag cash to splash.

That's self-sabotage... almost like losing good players deliberately for zero.

"That'll learn um".
The dogs tried that. AFL knocked it on the head.

I haven’t heard anything recently which I assume means that a trade to us is unlikely which is where it was at last time I posted about it. I certainly haven’t heard that there’s been any significant developments since the D’s b&f. If there’s been speculation to the contrary I’m not sure there’s been any real veracity to it.
Green posting that lippy Twitter comment gave my "It ain't happening" vibes.

Green would look like the biggest moron ever if he said CO wasn't getting traded at the BNF, then posts about the locker situation and then Oliver is traded.

As good as the Dees are going of late, I wouldn't put it past him... but I think Green thinks it is not happening... and he should know.

Radio silence from Oliver and his manager is the only thing keeping my hopes up.

Still don’t think it will get to that point the deal will get done
Thanks Bailey 💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙

We’re super excited to see you in the Geelong Hoops + wish Bulldogs + their fans success

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back