Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

More pick trades - could be the secret to unlocking a few deals... Hopefully

I think this is more so around Essendon not wanting to burn p9 for their Academy kid. AFAIK, neither Melbourne (since Houston walked away from them) nor Essendon are players in any other deals

Nothing much to report other than Oliver still wants out and his management have been in discussions with MFC over the weekend.

Geelong’s position is unchanged and they still want Oliver. Nothing much GFC can do unless MFC realise the futility of trying to hold a player who doesn’t want to be there. There’s still a view that the deal could happen very late Wednesday.

As it was explained to me - if we hear nothing by Wednesday lunchtime from either party assume it’s not happening. But if there’s some carefully orchestrated leaks from the Oliver camp in the media the next few days, then take that as a sign they’re putting more pressure on the club to get them to budge.

50/50 is what I’m told. Due to MFC reluctance not GFC disinterest. Oliver has told friends he wants out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Doggies board is my go-to place for entertainment.

Never fails to crack me up.

Some of the most delusional mouth frothing fans going around (some do have a clue though but plenty are off their heads).

Do yourselves a favour and have a sus if you want a good lol.

Looks like our hunt for red in October is not working out
The themes of betrayal + deception create an atmosphere of suspense, which seem to reflect Dees‘ behaviour to Oliver + to an extent, some Bulldogs’ fans to Smith.

Very little chance of anything happening till Monday from any team
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Well, yes, you say it more politely than that, but the end result is the same. It's like when your manager asks, "could you please..."

It's couched in politeness, but it's a directive, not a request.

True, but appreciating a person, being supportive, giving them a stable environment all but ensures that extra 10% of performance vs issuing a directive.

A guy simply playing for his paycheck will rarely throw himself into the contest harder, run further, and work more diligently than a guy who loves the jumper and his role.

Nothing much to report other than Oliver still wants out and his management have been in discussions with MFC over the weekend.

Geelong’s position is unchanged and they still want Oliver. Nothing much GFC can do unless MFC realise the futility of trying to hold a player who doesn’t want to be there. There’s still a view that the deal could happen very late Wednesday.

As it was explained to me - if we hear nothing by Wednesday lunchtime from either party assume it’s not happening. But if there’s some carefully orchestrated leaks from the Oliver camp in the media the next few days, then take that as a sign they’re putting more pressure on the club to get them to budge.

50/50 is what I’m told. Due to MFC reluctance not GFC disinterest. Oliver has told friends he wants out.

Where exactly are you getting your info from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where exactly are you getting your info from?

You’re seriously expecting me to answer questions like that.

What does it matter. Next time someone tells you something in confidence can you please share it in here and tell us who told you.

I would've thought there'd be some media leaks coming real soon, if at all.

Time is running short, and it takes a day or so for leaks to gain traction and exert pressure...... doesn't it?? 🤔

I would've thought there'd be some media leaks coming real soon, if at all.

Time is running short, and it takes a day or so for leaks to gain traction and exert pressure...... doesn't it?? 🤔
I’m finding it hard to understand how there’s no media leaks yet we’re getting info off bigfooty and taking it as gospel.

I’m starting to believe it’s all bs now which is a real shame because I want him in the cats colors more than most

Can't wait for trade period to be over. Way to go AFL for turning it into a borefest.
It might be boring but the numbers don't lie.

Foxsports.com.au goes to extraordinary lengths to keep AFL off its front page headline to protect its NRL investment, but even they have been wall to wall AFL trade week the past seven days because of the sheer amount of traffic it gets them. A few articles about Penrith winning the flag last Monday and then nothing but trade period.

The AFL would be loving every second of it.

I’m finding it hard to understand how there’s no media leaks yet we’re getting info off bigfooty and taking it as gospel.

I’m starting to believe it’s all bs now which is a real shame because I want him in the cats colors more than most
It’s a political nightmare for his managers to navigate as they cannot burn MFC or risk ruining their relationships long term. It’s not just MFC but every other club that watches carefully as does every parent and young talent looking for representation.

Clarry can want to move all he wants but going public without the knowledge you can get a deal done isn’t smart- Petracca just showed that.

The leaks will come (again) if there is a genuine belief it can get done.

I’d absolutely love him but it was always a massive longshot.

You’re seriously expecting me to answer questions like that.

What does it matter. Next time someone tells you something in confidence can you please share it in here and tell us who told you.

I didnt mean name names i just mean like is it someone inside the club etc, calm your farm!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back