Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

The difference with Sav was Port were offering #38 from memory... and we knew (well at least I did) that Port would absolutely stump up more if we pressed for more.

Why accept 38ish for a guy they were offering 5 years @ 700k when you can push and get more?

We pushed and got more... big tick.

Power can push and try to get more... I have no issue with that.

Walking away from #17 in a deep draft is a lot different than walking away from #38 in what was rated a very shallow draft.
They were always offering 25. We pushed and got.. pick 76 and 94 chucked in, which were basically worth nothing because we would have got replacement picks at the end of the draft anyway. So we didn't really get anymore.

Good to see it's not just us that Power and the Dogs are being unreasonable with in trade negotiations:

For those unaware of what this season was like for Daniel:
  • 8 x VFL games, averaging 25.4 disposals, 6.6 tackles & kicked 3.4
  • 16* AFL games. Subbed off once, against us in round 4, and then the starting sub on 7 occasions - so he only started & finished 8 seniors games this season

F*cking morons. They should bite the Roos' hand off for that deal. Macrae for 47 as well is about right. I hope they keep them both, and implode even further with Bevo at the helm. Power seems to be belligerent for belligerence sake...much like his frothing 'Trumpster' fanbase.

Feel bad for the normal supporters who are watching all this and going 'when did my club turn into rabid Tiger conspiracy theorists.' Gonna piss myself if someone says 'CFL' shortly.

Lol now the Saints are trying to get Baker from tiges, is there anyone they arent chasing 🤣
I thought he wanted to "return home"? He'd be a handy recruit wherever he goes, but if its a Melbourne club that says a lot!

Lol now the Saints are trying to get Baker from tiges, is there anyone they arent chasing 🤣

They'll chase anything with 2 legs from the looks of it

Wonder if we can try selling them Parfitt & Hardie for a first round pick?

Good to see it's not just us that Power and the Dogs are being unreasonable with in trade negotiations:

For those unaware of what this season was like for Daniel:
  • 8 x VFL games, averaging 25.4 disposals, 6.6 tackles & kicked 3.4
  • 16* AFL games. Subbed off once, against us in round 4, and then the starting sub on 7 occasions - so he only started & finished 8 seniors games this season

And following this mornings news of the Bulldogs/Power rejecting the above offer from North for Daniel, they are suddenly back to being the baddies and it's been asked when did Dodoro move to the Bulldogs

So much support for being more than generous with their offer for Daniel and no support for the Bulldogs in rejecting it - I know that Power and the Bulldogs fans think they are someone going to win fans out of this tough stance they're taking this trade period, but if anything they just look like dicks and making absolutely no friends
I said on the main board yesterday people hating on Mackie but forgetting how hard Power is to deal with.
Both extremely stubborn, both very good at their jobs

I thought he wanted to "return home"?

Included in his deal will be a private jet to fly between home in WA and the captains run training session each week...

He'll complete the bulk of his training on his own back home

I said on the main board yesterday people hating on Mackie but forgetting how hard Power is to deal with.
Both extremely stubborn, both very good at their jobs

But has Power shown himself to be good at his job or just stubborn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue with the Doggies/Sam Power holding firm and using the fullness of trade period to get the best deal he can.

It’s just the way it is.

Opposition teams are likely to offer a tad more in the dying minutes to get a trade over the line.

He might completely stuff it up, he might get more than what’s being offered now.

It’s his job and he can do whatever he wants within the rules.

Same goes with Mackie and all the other guys negotiating.

We will see how it all unfolds in a couple of days.

The Doggies board is my go-to place for entertainment.

Never fails to crack me up.

Some of the most delusional mouth frothing fans going around (some do have a clue though but plenty are off their heads).

Do yourselves a favour and have a sus if you want a good lol.
I am late to this thread, this morning. Missed old mate Greg’s + subsequent hilarious posts, discussing our previous versions of our Scott coaches.

Poor Greg, now suspended + a stonking hangover.

IMG_0882.jpeg
😹 😹 😹

Resuming normal transmission to ‘on topic’ discussion

They'll chase anything with 2 legs from the looks of it

Wonder if we can try selling them Parfitt & Hardie for a first round pick?
Ive got a dead fly on the floor with 2 legs left, reckon i can get anything for that, he’s a real high flyer from what ive heard 🤣

Who would you say is the most reliable journalist when it comes to trade news? There's so much bullsh*t out there. I get why that is. There's a whole lotta noise designed to fill up column inches and get clicks. But I'm interested to know: who do you trust more than anyone else?

I am late to this thread, this morning. Missed old mate Greg’s + subsequent hilarious posts, discussing our previous versions of our Scott coaches.

It’s not our thread that’s funny… it’s the doggies.

Some real quality blowups happening over there.

View attachment 2140586
😹 😹 😹

Resuming normal transmission to ‘on topic’ discussion

If Damo says its not then its shut down tight!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back