Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

Imagine us, we let it get to that point and he ends up a Saint, and we have to watch Atkins, Bruhn, Bowes and Clark next year. We won't let it get to that point , I just don't know why all the posturing, unless there's still a chance we can land Oliver why are we waiting until the last minute to get it done?
What makes you think it is us that is stalling it?

Still easier to find a good KPD than a good any other position.
Small defenders, hbf, both easier to park failed mids there rather than find a kpd. While it's harder to find a good ruck, it's not hard to find a premiership ruck when Fort, Stanley, Darcy Cameron are the last 3 permiership winning rucks

I Dont Know American Housewife GIF by ABC Network

😂 - Richmond fans don't like Cleary

And yes this is relevant to trade discussion. One benefit to GC of the mega trade with Collingwood & Port is that by them trading out Lukosius & Atkins is that they'll clear about $2 million from their salary cap over the next two seasons - Lukosius owed about $1.8 million alone

By clearing the cap space, they'll have room to accommodate Dusty if he decides to accept a contract from GC

And Richmond fans aren't happy that the rumours of Dusty to GC won't die

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yes this is relevant to trade discussion. One benefit to GC of the mega trade with Collingwood & Port is that by them trading out Lukosius & Atkins is that they'll clear about $2 million from their salary cap over the next two seasons - Lukosius owed about $1.8 million alone

By clearing the cap space, they'll have room to accommodate Dusty if he decides to accept a contract from GC

My favorite is that blokes bio
It goes like this in order

Rusted on Leftie. Anti racist, anti fascist, anti Murdoch. Richmond FC

Says it all really

I guess it could be the dogs, but this smells like a Mackie move, we could of ran away with p25 for sav and everyone would have been happy, but he played it out for effectively rubbish picks, Reckon he hasn't upped the offer and won't until the last second.
He knows what he's doing, we're not trusting him off nothing but blind faith.

Sure, he might look like a dick, but if by Wednesday night we've brought in Bailey Smith for just pick 17 - then he looks like a genius.

If it doesn't work and he's going to the draft, then we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Sounds like Mackie has made a first & final offer - take it or leave it

They will add 38 and take a late pick back the other way on Wednesday night I think. But if that's not enough for power we will take him in the draft.

Only if one of Collingwood or Port absolutely bottle next year.

Also ends Narkle’s AFL career

Gc should seriously be banned from trading or at least have their trading staff fired. Their capacity to get value from currency is useless.

Is it a strength? Houston is the best distributor off half back in the game, phenomenal kick. Who’s does that at Collingwood now Daicos plays permanent mid? I reckon it is a fantastic get if he lobs there. Key forward still an issue yes, but they ain’t that easy to find.

Their key forwards are either old or trash. They have no rucks except Cameron.
Kpd stocks outside Moore are weak.

Houston doesn't really solve anything.

Damn that's good for GC

It's pretty terrible actually.
Melb offered them a future 1st (which I think will be top 10) and North also did (top 5) for 13 and hawthorn got a r1 and 2 for 14.
Instead they swapped 13 for a future 1st that will likely be later than 13.
Unless the pies crash its terrible Atkins must be on more cash than I thought.

Come on mate. Thats just stupid.
You're better than that.

1/ dusty won't play again.
2/ if he did, it would be for peanuts.

Don't go making yourself look stupid.

He'll just simply be 'washing his hair' if any club asks for a meeting, as such.
Speaking of which, this will be unpopular but he really should get a hair cut before rocking up to day 1 of pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back