Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

I tend to think it’s unlikely with Butters. I’m sure we have expressed interest to his manager but I dare say 16 other clubs have too.

Who knows whether there will be a sequel to our “pursuit” of Oliver.

We will almost certainly be bringing in a key forward in this draft. Who we go with will be interesting.
I agree on ZB, I think its just a good rumour for BigFooty... We desperately need a key forward, and hope we can pick a gem with a low pick like Josh Treacy or Nick Larkey..
As I think this Cadman is another BigFooty rumour and is all bull 💩 as well

Honestly, I think this is a bit of a Catch-22. If he behaves badly enough that Melbourne is happy to cut the cord for 3 years running, then he's probably at the point whereas he's no longer a good idea to pick up.

Honestly, I think this is a bit of a Catch-22. If he behaves badly enough that Melbourne is happy to cut the cord for 3 years running, then he's probably at the point whereas he's no longer a good idea to pick up.
Unless something happens that enable the cancellation of the contract…. I cant see how it works. Id rather look at other options that are OOC and Free Agents

Tend to agree. I think the ship has sailed.

I tend to think it’s unlikely with Butters. I’m sure we have expressed interest to his manager but I dare say 16 other clubs have too.

We will almost certainly be bringing in a key forward in this draft. Who we go with will be interesting.

I feel like i'm the only one who's more interested in Brayshaw than Butters.
Andy is the right amount of attacking and defensive.

Consistent, has size, isn't a hot head like Butters.
Plus we owe Freo one after they sharked Jordan Clark from us.

If we were going to throw it all at Oliver I think this year was the year. Another year into Bruhn / Clark / Holmes / Dempsey and throwing Bailey Smith into the mix / Oliver being a year older ........I just think it was this year or bust.

Next year I think we're more likely to dial up our efforts to get Butters or Cadman. The changes in the rules allowing multiple future picks to be traded will change the landscape and I'm sure Geelong has a plan.

Until he signs & shuts the door completely...
Suck Up Julia Child GIF by Instacart

Cadman isn't a sure thing at the moment IMO.

Sure I'd love to have him on our list... He might become an elite gun.

I can't be sure of it as yet.

After this season we will have some more games/data and be in a better position to forecast what he could be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like i'm the only one who's more interested in Brayshaw than Butters.
Andy is the right amount of attacking and defensive.

Consistent, has size, isn't a hot head like Butters.
Plus we owe Freo one after they sharked Jordan Clark from us.

Completely agree.

I remember getting hammered by a few of our own when I stated Butters is not as good as many think he is.
Don't get me wrong, he is a gun of a footballer but Brayshaw has had a better career to date and he also possesses better leadership qualities.
He is the best defensive midfielder in the game in my opinion. So much so he has often looked just as assured helping out in defense as what he has as a mid.

Unfortunately, to pry him away from Fremantle would cost us so much.

Smith, Holmes, Brayshaw . . . oh my' that would be a dynamic trio.

Completely agree.

I remember getting hammered by a few of our own when I stated Butters is not as good as many think he is.
Don't get me wrong, he is a gun of a footballer but Brayshaw has had a better career to date and he also possesses better leadership qualities.
He is the best defensive midfielder in the game in my opinion. So much so he has often looked just as assured helping out in defense as what he has as a mid.

Unfortunately, to pry him away from Fremantle would cost us so much.

Smith, Holmes, Brayshaw . . . oh my' that would be a dynamic trio.
"Why not have both ?"

I think what helped us is the we brought a cohort through a club that was stable off field.

Tigers challenge is they are bringiing these kids in to play under a coach yet to get established, turning over the administration at the same time. These kids are going to be leaning heavily on a coaching group that is going to be unstable. What is the chances of Yze being out in 3 years and 2x turnovers of assistants in the next 5 years? I'd say high

Good draft hand but their headwinds are stronger than ours were.
That's exactly what Geelong faced. In 2000 Geelong had a new coach in Bomber, a new CEO in Brian Cook, and a board, headed by Frank Costa, that had only been in a caper for a couple of years.

The changes in the rules allowing multiple future picks to be traded will change the landscape and I'm sure Geelong has a plan.

I think they are only doing the multi year thing because the Tassie drafts will be compromised and the AFLPA don't want player movement to stall to nothing.

Doubt clubs are going to be super keen about taking future 1sts from the Tassie drafts. They will want two future 1sts instead of 1 future 1st for the same player.

That's exactly what Geelong faced. In 2000 Geelong had a new coach in Bomber, a new CEO in Brian Cook, and a board, headed by Frank Costa, that had only been in a caper for a couple of years.
We were never as bad as Richmond was last year, though. We still had the best ruckman in the comp, a pretty decent defence, and a workmanlike onball brigade.

We were never as bad as Richmond was last year, though. We still had the best ruckman in the comp, a pretty decent defence, and a workmanlike onball brigade.
We were stuffed. How old are you? Forget ladder position.
I completely stopped watching us at that stage.

Only really came back because I had access to medallion club seats each game. We didn't come good until 2003. And when I say good, I mean Essendon 2024 good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back