Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

We were stuffed. How old are you? Forget ladder position.
I completely stopped watching us at that stage.

Only really came back because I had access to medallion club seats each game. We didn't come good until 2003. And when I say good, I mean Essendon 2024 good.
I was 14, I remember it well enough. We were stuffed by Geelong's lofty lofty standards, but we kept winning enough games each year for a reason.

Like TDK?
Or is he not up for another year?

No he's RFA. I think Carlton will match almost anything within reason. But you could offer him huge $ (like we did with curnow) and stretch their cap to match it and push someone else out (as they would probably need to lose a couple of mid tier guys in that scenario).

“Watchable” is a high standard lol.

Not watchable is a standard half a dozen sides right now would aspire for
Geez mate. you've spent 2 weeks arguing with different point of views for no reason.

I understand if you or I think that 'say' west coast aren't watchable. Because they aren't our side.
But as I barrack for Geelong and didn't want to watch them, I'd classify that as 'truely unwatchable'.

But keep continuing to do what you do.

Geez mate. you've spent 2 weeks arguing with different point of views for no reason.

I understand if you or I think that 'say' west coast aren't watchable. Because they aren't our side.
But as I barrack for Geelong and didn't want to watch them, I'd classify that as 'truely unwatchable'.

But keep continuing to do what you do.
Huh? This is a weird escalation.

We all argue here for no reason by the way. It’s the exact definition of an internet forum

For all the talk of it being a great draft it doesn't really feel like a Geelong draft. A tonne of guys with solid but not exceptional seasons and solid but not exceptional traits.

We've got a history of absolutely loading up in what end up being quality, deep drafts (2001 and 2016 for example) and taking limited picks in poor drafts. Bringing in a guy like Martin and getting Stanley, Duncan and Bews to all go around again suggests we don't rate the draft anywhere near as highly as some.
You can't load up with picks you don't have though. We're already due to use pick 93 (won't actually be that late after bids, passes etc. but the premise is the same). But If we don't keep those players you mention we have to replace them with pick 110 in the draft.

We might trade in from next year on draft day, but we're better off waiting to do that on the day like we did with Holmes. e.g., if we have our eye on someone at say pick 17, we might as well wait to see if they're still actually there before trading out our future first. Otherwise we're giving away a potential top 10 pick and might not even be able to get the player that we want in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back