List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if we have 2 1sts (and possibly another one if Sloane goes and we get a 1st as compensation), there is the possibility of packaging those up to trade our way higher into the draft. Not to mention the possibility that we and/or Melbourne sh*t the bed next year...
Teams aren't going to be super keen to give up a top 5 pick for potentially two picks that are 14-18.

Yes, but again ... we don't know who we will get at 10 / 16 etc... people are counting their chicken's chickens.

Mate telling me we will not have any 1st round picks this year, they want players and hes hearing Gibbs and another 2 coming in.
We are keeping our first round picks for next year.

Take this with a grain of salt, but would suggest the club firmly believes we are in a premiership window and want players not picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate telling me we will not have any 1st round picks this year, they want players and hes hearing Gibbs and another 2 coming in.
We are keeping our first round picks for next year.

Take this with a grain of salt, but would suggest the club firmly believes we are in a premiership window and want players not picks this year.
If purely this year's picks, I ain't even mad. I thought Coleman-Jones would have a better year than he has originally, but we may nab him with 39

I fail to see how that makes the additional ones any less valuable. Is one top 15 talent a year more than enough for anyone?
What you don't want is to leave yourself without any youth. You miss a few first rounds and you had better be trading in the right age players.

So giving away your ONLY first round pick is a much bigger risk than giving away one / keeping one.

We have three first round players coming through in 2018 - Milera, Gallucci, Doedee - we are playing this pretty well imo. I wouldn't care if we had no first rounders in 2017 draft.

The whole point of having 2 first next year is because the SA talent and talent in general is stacked next year.

It would be really stupid to be giving that up.
Two speculative picks that might help us in three years or a player who could help us NEXT year AND still have a first rounder next year?

Carlton's second round is 22 this year, without Gibbs they will probably get the same, possibly lower considering how shit they are. Not bad trading in the end, possibly worth waiting the extra year to get a bit more back for the same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back