List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton's second round is 22 this year, without Gibbs they will probably get the same, possibly lower considering how shit they are. Not bad trading in the end, possibly worth waiting the extra year to get a bit more back for the same deal.

Its not the same deal though.

Gibbs is a year older and our list/team has changed.

Gibbs inclusion will not be as felt as much next year given we lose Lever/Smith and potentially Cameron.

Mate telling me we will not have any 1st round picks this year, they want players and hes hearing Gibbs and another 2 coming in. We are keeping our first round picks for next year. Take this with a grain of salt, but would suggest the club firmly believes we are in a premiership window and want players not picks this year.
Great! I'd like that.

Mate telling me we will not have any 1st round picks this year, they want players and hes hearing Gibbs and another 2 coming in.
We are keeping our first round picks for next year.

Take this with a grain of salt, but would suggest the club firmly believes we are in a premiership window and want players not picks this year.

As much as I'd like whoever is at pick 10, strangely, this makes sense

Why did he go in with a pen if he wasn't signing anything
But if we have 2 1sts (and possibly another one if Sloane goes and we get a 1st as compensation), there is the possibility of packaging those up to trade our way higher into the draft. Not to mention the possibility that we and/or Melbourne sh*t the bed next year...
We don't get anything for Sloane if he leaves next year do we? Unrestricted free agent after 10 years.

Port posters loving the fact that we may be paying massive overs for a 29 year old player. Pick 16 should have been enough.

Losing Pick 10 is going to hurt us in medium to long term.
Deep down they know how bad their trades actually are, so are looking for something to feel better.

If Reid hands over 2 first round picks this year after declining to do it last year, he should be sacked. If a car salesman asks for $20k for a used car and then drives it around for 12 months and then asks for $20k again when you go back to buy it a year later, you tell him where to go.

Carlton called us. We have all the power. If we give up the advantage by overpaying ill be spewing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Reid hands over 2 first round picks this year after declining to do it last year, he should be sacked. If a car salesman asks for $20k for a used car and then drives it around for 12 months and then asks for $20k again when you go back to buy it a year later, you tell him where to go.

We didn't have 4 first rounders last year.

Port posters loving the fact that we may be paying massive overs for a 29 year old player. Pick 16 should have been enough.

Losing Pick 10 is going to hurt us in medium to long term.
So they should be , I’d be laughing too if I was in their shoes. Anything more than pick 16 is a loss for us

Yep, that used car analogy is almost 100% what happened. Identical. :rolleyes:

Thats seriously the perfect analogy. Going to be interesting what exactly the deal is.

But losing two 1sts is a massive loss for us. Sure we wont appreciate it now, but we will one day. Carlton have the last laugh.

Carlton called us. We have all the power. If we give up the advantage by overpaying ill be spewing

That Carlton called us, for us to end up overpaying doesn't make any sense.

The more you think about it the more it seems Carlton and us have carefully stage-managed this for the sake of appeasing supporters with whatever deal gets done. Strikes me all as a bit of spin.

So Reid goes in to sign the Wigg paperwork.

Media throws up a bunch of dead set guesses as to what Gibbs would be traded for.

Nothing actually happens.

:$

But I got great amusement from watching everyone complain on both sides in here. Meanwhile still a lot of bees outside my house and no exterminator.

I think we are forced to pay overs because Gibbs contract was front ended and he’s screwing over Carlton by leaving with two years left on his contract when his value is so high compared to what sort of money he’s on.

Sigh

feel that strongly that it needs to be posted in multiple threads. now that's commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back