List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Yes we overpaid but Carlton held firm and Reid’s orders were to trade for another flag tilt next year. And importantly kept our early trades and gained another for 2018.
I hate giving up 10, I don’t think Reid would have gotten much sleep last night.
But he had to make it happen.

Good luck next time blues are trying to pull a player from us...#paybacksabitch

It's funny how everyone says we need to be aggressive at this time of year like the Hawks were in their contending seasons (and they went seasons without first round picks), yet when it actually happens say the future of the club is screwed and we paid too much.

There is a distinct difference between aggressive trading and pulling off old skool Fremantle type trades.

It’s a year late!!!! Last year we said it was too much and a year later it’s ok? Not surprised you are swallowing it.
Haha, and if it didn't happen again and we just missed again in 2018, you'd be going 'why didn't we go all in on Gibbs when we could have'. Classic, always hedging your bets either way so a melt is always warranted.

Haha, and if it didn't happen again and we just missed again in 2018, you'd be going 'why didn't we go all in on Gibbs when we could have'. Classic, always hedging your bets either way so a melt is always warranted.
No I wouldn’t have Wally. I said I would have kept our firsts and gone for Rockliff. That’s pretty definitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel a little better after reading posts saying we're going all out for next year's draft. I'm really pleased to get Gibbs. I hope he settles in well. I also hope our present team gels with him, and we get to see some great footy next year.

How the **** do you know?
How do you know where Carlton finishes next year?
How do you know where we finish next year?
Everyone is a ******* expert on here!

Because both clubs have form.

Carlton are much more likely to be bottom 4 based on what we know; Adelaide is much more likely to be top 4.

Miracles don't happen often enough that we need to prepare for Carlton playing finals this season.

After thinking about it. If we don’t rate the 2017 Draft crop, loading up for 2018 makes this a good deal. I’m sure they know what they’re doing.

Only downside is SOS wins bragging rights after getting his 2 firsts. Even if they end up being meh players.

People need to stop looking at the draft rounds and look at the numbers of the draft pick and the year of that draft pick. The trade was win-win in my opinion.
We don't know the numbers next year

And if we have a bad year and Carlton improve. BTW Can you give me the winning x-lotto numbers for Saturday
We will be around the mark, Carlton will not be. If there isn't 10 spots between us I'll be staggered.

Thankyou for writing this! Saves me doing it for someone with 2 years left on a contract this honestly isn't that bad.
This is actually a great trade.
The nuffies will all blow a gasket about 2 first round picks. The Tiser will go on and on about it. The people who read the Tiser will believe it.

Dive a bit deeper though and it is a really good outcome. Not only is the talent in next years draft better and deeper, there is a large number of SA kids that would be perfect for our team.

If we somehow pull pick 12 for Cameron and still end up with Fogarty, then Edwards and then go for someone like Dom Barry late, it will be looking like an absolute masterstroke.

Okay so it's basically this.

We get: Gibbs, 77 this year. Pick 19-25, Pick 37-43 next year.
Blues get: 10, 16, 73 this year. Pick 30-36 next year.

We still have 2 first rounders and a high 2nd rounder next year which is confirmed to be much better than this year.

Lets see what we get for Cameron now. If we can get back into the first round (12) then I'm happy.

I've quoted your post cos it sets out the deal well... the frustration isn't aimed at you.

Reid needs to go. This is a horrible deal, it's worse than was even on offer last year.

I understand we still are in a great position for next year, but that's at the cost of LEVER, not because Reid etc did a good job on Gibbs.

Effectively wiped out all the good work they did with the Lever deal by doing this.

I'm excited to have Bryce on board, I think he's a great player and will be good for us, but the price is absolutely insane.

No I wouldn’t have Wally. I said I would have kept our firsts and gone for Rockliff. That’s pretty definitive.
Very different player to Gibbs. The club is clearly happy with the inside mids we already have, and want that class to help on the outside. IF the Crouch brothers didn't have the years they had, I'm sure we would have been more interested in Rocky.

In points it is about pick 4 to 7 depending on ladder positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back