Gibbs requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

14625364_10154429863101223_1937488293_n.jpg

Could this impact our ability to bid for Jarman?

Depends on what picks we end up bringing in. Henderson will go as free agent, probaby get a 3rd round there. Lyons probably worth a late 2nd round? CEY a 3rd? Plus whatever other deals get done, still got some uncontracted players like Dear and Cheney who may end up being trade bait, too.

Danger was out of contract and a free agent.

Gibbs is not - you pay a higher price.
Yes and no. Danger was a restricted free agent. Danger was the best player in the competition and was a Brownlow favourite before the season started (which says a lot about what the AFL and the rest of the sporting world thought of him).

I watch this one with interest because we are poised to pay more to Carlton than what Geelong paid to us. And to add to that, there is nothing stopping the Power from joining in the Gibbs war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. Danger was a restricted free agent. Danger was the best player in the competition and was a Brownlow favourite before the season started (which says a lot about what the AFL and the rest of the sporting world thought of him).

I watch this one with interest because we are poised to pay more to Carlton than what Geelong paid to us. And to add to that, there is nothing stopping the Power from joining in the Gibbs war.

Port can't afford him.

I hope our two Clubs have matured enough that we don't allow players to manipulate one, to screw the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back