Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when i thought you started making some sense about cricket you come out with this crap. Sachin a long way on top best One Day bat of all time.
For Aussies Dean Jones is the greatest, average 44 strike rate about 73 in a time when 220-240 was a very good score. He would average over 50 strike rate mid 80's if he played on roads with boundaries roped in like we do today. And he batted at 3.

Dean Jones >>Ponting, Hayden, Gilly, >>>>>>>>>>>Daylight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hussey >> Bevan

Agree with Deano!!!!!
Best bat (aussie) all time
Jones>>Ponting>>Hayden>>Gilly>>M.Waugh>>>>>>>Border>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daylight>>>>Beven / Hussey

Too young to remember Jones but

Hussey>>Bevan>>>>>>>>>>Ponting>>>>>>Symonds>>M.Waugh>>Gilly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DAYLIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>Richard CheeQuee>>Haydos

Bevan was an embarrasment, all he worried about was his average. Played about 6 good knocks in his whole career.

Dean Jones was a freak and took it up to the Windies and Pakis with there awesome quicks. Hussey would poo himself facing those attacks today.

I agree mark waugh is up there, symonds not sure. Wasnt really good for long enough.

Re: Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 2

yeah jeff walsh is a freak, faced him when catani played koo wee last year, he bowled bulk bouncers at me with 3 men in close

I'm hearing this weeks 1st eleven fixture Sale against Stratford is make or break for both sides. There will be extra motivation for a couple of guys who made the switch from club to club, such as Aurisch and Bruce. Stratford really need this one as there season is loooking like its on the decline with a win could really get them on the straight and narrow. With another loss more heads are likely to roll. On the other hand Sale seem to have got the season on track with a convincing win against College, with Parry aand Aurisch leading the way with the bat and Klasen just devastating with the ball, supported by Parry and Campbell.

Good Luck guys

I'm hearing this weeks 1st eleven fixture Sale against Stratford is make or break for both sides. There will be extra motivation for a couple of guys who made the switch from club to club, such as Aurisch and Bruce. Stratford really need this one as there season is loooking like its on the decline with a win could really get them on the straight and narrow. With another loss more heads are likely to roll. On the other hand Sale seem to have got the season on track with a convincing win against College, with Parry aand Aurisch leading the way with the bat and Klasen just devastating with the ball, supported by Parry and Campbell.

Good Luck guys

All I have to say about that is, who is Powerbulge?

Too young to remember Jones but

Hussey>>Bevan>>>>>>>>>>Ponting>>>>>>Symonds>>M.Waugh>>Gilly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DAYLIGHT>>>>>>>>>>>>Richard CheeQuee>>Haydos

*begin sarcasm* Yeah, Haydos was no good, and Symonds was better than Gilly. Completely accurate that. Are those arrows to scale? *end sarcasm*

Re: Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 2

yeah jeff walsh is a freak, faced him when catani played koo wee last year, he bowled bulk bouncers at me with 3 men in close

I was at that game. I would tell you what I thought about it, however, Surkin probably knows my opinion on the game better than what I do, so, I will leave it up to him to pass comment on my behalf, anything I had to say would just be wrong anyway.

Mayhems views from that game:
Nick Close needs to die his hair.
Sexpot shouldn't get so angry when he goes out.
Lots of Brights. Old man mustn't have discover the dinger yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam White normally takes a few balls to get his eye in, thats why he needs to bat higher to give him a chance cos he is our best hitter at the end.

Is this the best state side ever if NSW had there best 11 on the park.

Jacques
Hughes
Katich
Clarke
Watson
Warner
Haddin
Lee
Hauritz
Clark
Bracken

Bollinger and Henriques miss out.

Does not play for NSW does he????

Well SMCA have selected there first GCL side for this weekend..i believe most of it picks itself...

Ian Wrigglesworth (c)
Adrian Burgiel
Chris Aurisch
Steven Parry
Jack Tatterson
Matt Foster
Richard Gleeson
Jie Van Berkel
Ben Durrant
Luke Klasen
Nathan Massey (+)
Brett Lanigan

Pretty well balanced side, havent seen or heard anything of Gleeson (apart from what i have read on his english clubs website).

Klasen is an unknown can bowl devastaingly well but can also spray them a fair bit. I personally would have had Andrew Davidson in front of him especially at Maffra. the other option would be to pick a batsmen but the batting looks deep.

Matty Foster hasnt had the greatest start to the year but is a quality player and can probably count himself a little lucky to be selected as they have picked four opening batsmen (lanigan, aurisch, burgiel and himself). I thought the big Wrig would have picked Michael Holliday or Alan Campbell as lower order batsmen.

Three spinners is the way forward and all of them should do exceptionally well.

My batting order would be:

Aurisch
Burgiel
Lanigan
Jack Tatterson
Wrigglesworth
Parry
Foster
Massey
Van Berkel
Durrant
Klasen/Gleeson

Bowling

Klasen
Gleeson

Jack Tatterson (maybe)

Durrant, Parry and Van Berkel

with Burgiel and the Wriggler to fill in (if needed)

My batting order would be:

Aurisch
Burgiel
Lanigan
Jack Tatterson
Wrigglesworth
Parry
Foster
Massey
Van Berkel
Durrant
Klasen/Gleeson

Matty Foster needs to hit the ball coming onto the bat early. If he isn't going to open, I probably wouldn't pick him. Aurisch can hit slow or fast bowling, can be susceptable to swinging ball, devistating hitter, I would go:

Foster
Burgiel
Lanigan
Parry
Wrig
Tatt
Aurisch
Massey
Van B
Durrant
Klasen/Gleeson (as with Mr Big, I have no idea about Gleeson's batting ability)

In the long run, I would be picking one of Aurisch or Foster (and, my pick would be Aurisch), batting Aurisch at the top with Burgiel and finding someone else to bat at 7. From what I have seen/the figures on the net, the player to do the middle/late order hitting would be Holliday from Wurruk or Pete Roberts from Sale.

Matty Foster needs to hit the ball coming onto the bat early. If he isn't going to open, I probably wouldn't pick him. Aurisch can hit slow or fast bowling, can be susceptable to swinging ball, devistating hitter, I would go:

Foster
Burgiel
Lanigan
Parry
Wrig
Tatt
Aurisch
Massey
Van B
Durrant
Klasen/Gleeson (as with Mr Big, I have no idea about Gleeson's batting ability)

In the long run, I would be picking one of Aurisch or Foster (and, my pick would be Aurisch), batting Aurisch at the top with Burgiel and finding someone else to bat at 7. From what I have seen/the figures on the net, the player to do the middle/late order hitting would be Holliday from Wurruk or Pete Roberts from Sale.

Hence why in my order Foster bats at seven no use giving someone "a go" you must win and put your best side forward...the obvious choice for slogging capability is Geoff Wells who belts it. But i would assume that they probably dont want to go down that path,as he is nearing the end of his career. I suppose Ian is still playing and he is getting older so could happen. Another candidate if form were good that has not been mentioned above would be Dylan Bolton, but his form is not great at moment.

Parry is the interesting one he has improved his batting immensely (usually a nurtler) in particular his hitting power meaning he probably needs to bat at four, as he is probably in top three batsmen in league now. Easily all round would be the best cricketer in Gippsland at the moment. I have an extremely high opinion of him.

Did Hendo make all gippsland team last year?

While not saying hendo is better than any of the other spinners i would love to know the last time a current All-Gippsland cap, league bowling average and association rep bowling award was squeezed out in the same leagues first game of the next season?????

Good side though. One of the best on paper in the last few years. Foster lucky to be playing on current form but still should play and if he does he needs to open.

Dear ultimate w
after looking up SMCA records, it appears s anderson was association bowling average winner last year, rep matches which includes country week was j morrison. Hendo was in all gippy team. Thats 1 out of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back