Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you think sale are favourites???

No, still think stratty start favorites but I think sale will win the game and they'd be very dissapointed if they don't. They need to prove that last week wasn't a fluke. Greg Carmody is back into the side so that strengthens the batting line up and Justin mckay might play.

Name this player???

Burt_Cockley_300.jpg

Name this player???

Burt_Cockley_300.jpg

Surely the nsw top must mean it's Australian fast bowler Burt Cockley, the man selected ahead of Geeves, Nannes, Wright, Tait, Denton, Harwood, Clark, Noffke. Etc

What happened to that Ben Laughlin who was in the one day side recently?

Fast bowling stocks are pretty thin at the moment. Cockley is not the worst selection.

What does bug me however is how Marsh and Voges are in India while Hodgey is smashing tons still at home.

Fast bowling stocks are pretty thin at the moment. Cockley is not the worst selection.

What does bug me however is how Marsh and Voges are in India while Hodgey is smashing tons still at home.

Yeah, Shaun Marsh, poor selection in light of the result of the 5th ODI result overnight.

Yeah, Shaun Marsh, poor selection in light of the result of the 5th ODI result overnight.

Hodge >>> Marsh

Marsh had it easy last night thanks to Watson's brilliant innings. Because Watto was going so quick Marsh had time to get himself set and then up the rate later. Add to that it was the flattest pitch I have ever seen. Manou probably would have toned up in that situation.

If you think Marsh is a better player than Hodge you are seriously deluded. Marsh is a worse batsman, plus he doesn't bowl and is an absolute liability in the field. Stop looking at one innings and get a clue.

Watto was on fire, so good to watch when he gets going. Good to see cam white given a good chance at 4, just hope he stays above Hussey when Clarke comes back in.

Hodge is always stiff but Marsh has done really well when ever he has opened in the one dayers. Would average over 40 i reckon.

Cam White shits me to death. He doesn't turn the strike over enough. He seems to deal predominately in boundaries or dot balls. Not only is he often 5 off 20 or so, but his partner ends up facing hardly any strike and ends up getting himself out.

Hodge >>> Marsh

Marsh had it easy last night thanks to Watson's brilliant innings. Because Watto was going so quick Marsh had time to get himself set and then up the rate later. Add to that it was the flattest pitch I have ever seen. Manou probably would have toned up in that situation.

If you think Marsh is a better player than Hodge you are seriously deluded. Marsh is a worse batsman, plus he doesn't bowl and is an absolute liability in the field. Stop looking at one innings and get a clue.

Hahaha

Cam White normally takes a few balls to get his eye in, thats why he needs to bat higher to give him a chance cos he is our best hitter at the end.

Is this the best state side ever if NSW had there best 11 on the park.

Jacques
Hughes
Katich
Clarke
Watson
Warner
Haddin
Lee
Hauritz
Clark
Bracken

Bollinger and Henriques miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam White normally takes a few balls to get his eye in, thats why he needs to bat higher to give him a chance cos he is our best hitter at the end.

Is this the best state side ever if NSW had there best 11 on the park.

Jacques
Hughes
Katich
Clarke
Watson
Warner
Haddin
Lee
Hauritz
Clark
Bracken

Bollinger and Henriques miss out.

Moises plays before Warner at 6. Warner is an opening batsman, if there is no spot for him at the top, then, you pick the middle order batsman that can bowl.

Cam White shits me to death. He doesn't turn the strike over enough. He seems to deal predominately in boundaries or dot balls. Not only is he often 5 off 20 or so, but his partner ends up facing hardly any strike and ends up getting himself out.

Do you have any idea whatsoever?

Moises plays before Warner at 6. Warner is an opening batsman, if there is no spot for him at the top, then, you pick the middle order batsman that can bowl.

Warner has batted in the middle order for them before. They have 5 openers and I would play them all. Watson is better bowler than Henriques so with him in the side Henriques would hardly bowl so i take Warner or maybe Rohrer, he seems to go alright with the bat.

Not enough bowlers, no where near the NSW side and no way did symonds play in 93-94. Even if he did he was no good at all then. All the NSW blokes are still at a test level of cricketer.

With Mayhem there.
6 -50's
1 - 100

in the last 15 games is good enough for me batting at 4. Strike rate of 84 damn good. Would love to know M.Clarkes form at 4???????

Best possible one day team IMO

Watson
Marsh
Ponting
White
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Johnston
Lee
Hauritz
Braken

Next bowler - Siddle
Next batter - Hodge
All-rounder - Hopes
Keeper - Paine

You are the same idiot who said Shane Watson wasn't up to international cricket. It is patently obvious watching White bat that he needs to turn the strike over more. Even a moron could see that. Unfortunately your intelligence is below that of a moron.

Would be good to see a full strength Vic team go up against a full strength NSW team. NSW probably slightly better but Vics are still pretty damn good.

Rogers
Jewell
White
Hodge
Hussey
McDonald
Wade
McKay
Nannes
Siddle
McGain/Holland

Harwood and Quiney miss out

Also Mike Hussey is close to the greatest one day batsman of all time. He is just so versatile. If there is a collapse he can rebuild an innings. He can come in late and blast quick runs. And he can even open if need be.

Mike Hussey >>> Bevan

Also Mike Hussey is close to the greatest one day batsman of all time. He is just so versatile. If there is a collapse he can rebuild an innings. He can come in late and blast quick runs. And he can even open if need be.

Mike Hussey >>> Bevan

Just when i thought you started making some sense about cricket you come out with this crap. Sachin a long way on top best One Day bat of all time.
For Aussies Dean Jones is the greatest, average 44 strike rate about 73 in a time when 220-240 was a very good score. He would average over 50 strike rate mid 80's if he played on roads with boundaries roped in like we do today. And he batted at 3.

Dean Jones >>Ponting, Hayden, Gilly, >>>>>>>>>>>Daylight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hussey >> Bevan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back