Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think you could get him out Warrior?? having got a Michelle Pfieffer against Melbourne Cricket Club.

Surely not knowing you would count against you, as you have described the amount of "personality wickets" that you take against players in our league who try and slog you.

Knowing you and your love of competition, some sort of slinging match would develop and birt would look to take you "downtown". This is where the H Train would weave the magic.

I do know the big fella. Played School boys with him and country week against him when i was a tear away quick. Funny story about trav and i.... At school boys he made 3 scores above 75 but never made 100. We were sharing a room and he was having a sook. Me being the caring individual like i am said "mate, you will make 100 before your 16" He said"if i do i will buy you a bat!" Long story short, in the next 3 months he made 4 100s and in the post 6 months later i recieved a miniture Grey Nic bat signed by him and his scores. With a big thank-you.
I guess i could use the old sook routine bowling against him and all that. Would love to bowl to him just as i love to bowl to the Burgs, Wrigs, Langigans and Anstees. it gets the juices flowing!!! hahaha

I do know the big fella. Played School boys with him and country week against him when i was a tear away quick. Funny story about trav and i.... At school boys he made 3 scores above 75 but never made 100. We were sharing a room and he was having a sook. Me being the caring individual like i am said "mate, you will make 100 before your 16" He said"if i do i will buy you a bat!" Long story short, in the next 3 months he made 4 100s and in the post 6 months later i recieved a miniture Grey Nic bat signed by him and his scores. With a big thank-you.
I guess i could use the old sook routine bowling against him and all that. Would love to bowl to him just as i love to bowl to the Burgs, Wrigs, Langigans and Anstees. it gets the juices flowing!!! hahaha
you have a tiny dick.

Lynchy, he will not help them win the flag. (He) is Travis Birt and at the moment it is too wet to play in Tasmania, they don't look like playing until mid to late November. Will be very handy though in the few games he will play. Hope the league let it happen.

Saw Birt played for tassie today/tonight in the FR cup. Told my boss on friday ( he was the guy who told me the birt to bundy) that Birt had been picked for the FR cup so are you sure this guy (who told him orginaly) isn't pulling your leg. He said nah, its legit and that they where allready talking about him in regards to GCL/Country Week etc.

Anyone else heard anything else about it, seems very strange

Well, I had a very interesting weekend. After turning up to play at College, the former club of Nathan King, I constantly heard people around the place talking about how Travis Birt is playing for Bundy in the next 3-4 rounds, depending on who you asked. Despite my sceptasism (no idea how to spell that), after hearing similar things so many times, I decided to stop arguing with the rumor and just let people believe what they wanted to. The constant thing that I was also hearing was that a) Travis was not in Tassie's plans for first class or one day cricket and b) Tasmanian Grade Cricket had been called off for 8 weeks.
So, as always, I decided to research this myself today once I got out of bed, and after a quick look on the Tassie Cricket website, it appears that the season is set to go ahead, just that a couple of rounds have been washed out so far. Then, I flicked on the TV and Trav was running around for Tassie in a Ford Ranger Cup game. Now, Travis finished the season fairly strongly in the 1 day format last year, and I'm fairly sure would be one of the first picked in that format for Tassie, and sure enough he played and top scored today. Now, from all reports, Travis is due to play for Bundy against Stratford this Saturday and next Saturday. Tasmania have a day night game in QLD on the Friday of the second weekend. Is Travis going to pull out of the Ford Ranger Cup game to play for his beloved Bundy?? I highly doubt that, yet, the "people in the know" are trying to convince anyone that will listen that the big fella will be at Bundy pumping out boundaries next weekend.

Slow week on Bigfooty for local cricket tragics. If my week is anything to go by, everyone must have been too busy to post.

I see Bundy overlooked Travis Birt this week, choosing instead to bring in Nick Fowler and Mark Grosveld. Travis would be spewing after "definitely making himself available for 4 games" to be overlooked, however, Grozzy would be in the top 2 run scorers in the past 3 years for Bundy, so, understandably Travis missed selection. Hopefully getting to play in a Ford Ranger Cup game against QLD next Friday night is some consolation.

Stratty will go into the game unchanged. After some disappointing performances in the 1 day games, they will be looking to really get some momentum now that the 2 dayers are kicking off.

In other games, I would expect College to defeat Sale in what is probably a lot harder battle than College are expected. Steve Parry will play his first game this season for Sale and Chris Aurisch will make his debut at his new club. I'm not sure that will be enough to get a win over the perenial powerhouse, however, I would expect a much improved performance from the Sale boys.

I'm gunna tip Boisdale to beat Rosedale, however, the loss of one of their poms to injury may be costly. Seems he was hitting form after scoring 50 not out on the weekend, but, a broken hand will keep him out for 1-2 games. Hopefully their other pom Chris Lawson can whack it around for them and get them enough runs to defend against a slow but steady Rosedale batting line up.

And, in the last game, Maffra should be too strong for Wurruk, however, with the batting ability that Wurruk have, this is potentially the upset of the round. Maffra's line up looks a little thinner than in the past couple of years, however, they still have steady A grade players to back up the stars in Adrian Burgiel, Brett Lanigan and Ben Durrant.

If Mark Donald is not the most improved bowler by the end of the year, then someone has come out of nowhere. He span the ball at right angles and got extremely good bounce this from a bloke bowling in only his fourth game of taking up off spin. If he can change to bowling around the wicket no left handers will be able to hit him. After tea he bowled extremely well and grew with confidence especially on a wicket that was really good for batting.

Alright change of subject...did anyone see the India v Australia match, Hussey hit a six off kumar as he hit it, he started shouting woooohooo. Then you could read his lips he says "thats big" Mitchell Johnson comes down and you see him watch it again looking at where it went and he goes "thats f.uck.ing massive". Oh and it was big.

Another big six i saw was Kieron Pollard who hit Doug Bollinger for a massive six square of the wicket in the CLT20 final. They said it went 94 metres but it was in the third tier, surely that was wrong. Unbelieveable.

Alright change of subject...did anyone see the India v Australia match, Hussey hit a six off kumar as he hit it, he started shouting woooohooo. Then you could read his lips he says "thats big" Mitchell Johnson comes down and you see him watch it again looking at where it went and he goes "thats f.uck.ing massive". Oh and it was big.

I saw that. It was a massive hit. Pretty sure it cleared the stand they had behind the sight screen. You could clearly read his lips "that's big".

Who was that bowler though? To say he was pedestrian would be the understatement of the century. I hope that guy was in the team for his batting because he is probably the most ordinary bowler in the history of cricket.

Also Shane Watson was bowling some absolute pies in the second last over. Full tosses outside off. Harbhajan belted him. Good last over from P Siddy though got us home.

Bob_Holland.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft I retired from cricket with a strike rate of a wicket every 4 balls with my Nathan Bracken like off cutters.

Also a batting average of zero. :D

In our league, you can swap a junior for a senior if one is available one week but not the next. A Runnalls was unavailabe 2nd week, so J McIlvena filled in for him.

Thats seems stupid that runnals was 29 retired and someone else bats. Surely if you start batting and are retired thats a dismissal and ya cant replace for that innings. Stupid rule

You're stupid. It covers teams against having to play one short. Most of the juniors in our league are shit anyway, so it doesn't really affect. All teams are in the same boat, and any team can take advantage of the rule.

Maffra vs Bundy should be a good game this round, still can't go past Maffra for the win at home.

College , Sale and Wurruk should win the other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back