Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sale & Sale City home games on same day during year
Gippsland league finals in Sale this sunday
NGFL finals in Sale this sunday.

That is effing pathetic!!

What is it with these two leagues scheduling there Sale sides at home during the year and now both having final series on the same day.

Its bullshit!! Both league boards are a fu** ing joke and need to sort there shit out. Reeks of incompitance!!

Both boards are a pack of w***ers!!

That is f*** ing all........

Spewing Maffra got beaten on the weekend by Drouin,would've loved to have seen them win another flag:rolleyes: Get ready for the lowest crowd at the GL finals for a number of years ,be good to see Drouin finally win their first one though.

Spewing Maffra got beaten on the weekend by Drouin,would've loved to have seen them win another flag:rolleyes: Get ready for the lowest crowd at the GL finals for a number of years ,be good to see Drouin finally win their first one though.

If cook and de gooyer are in, then drouin should be a big chance. If neither come up, then I'd think traralgon should go in well and truly as favorites!

Be interesting to see if Traralgon go in with their numerous Gippy Power players in the lineup or if they'll just stick with the guys that got them there.The Hector boys would be big inclusions for a start ,they're both tough as nails which is one area where Traralgon have lacked for a number of years IMO.

Sale & Sale City home games on same day during year
Gippsland league finals in Sale this sunday
NGFL finals in Sale this sunday.

That is effing pathetic!!

What is it with these two leagues scheduling there Sale sides at home during the year and now both having final series on the same day.

Its bullshit!! Both league boards are a fu** ing joke and need to sort there shit out. Reeks of incompitance!!

Both boards are a pack of w***ers!!

That is f*** ing all........

It would be nigh on impossible to avoid all clashes - you have to avoid Morwell/Morwell east...Moe/Newborough....Waragul/Warragul Dusties....Traralgon/TTU.... we are talking three different leagues.....must be a great view way up there in your Ivory tower

It would be nigh on impossible to avoid all clashes - you have to avoid Morwell/Morwell east...Moe/Newborough....Waragul/Warragul Dusties....Traralgon/TTU.... we are talking three different leagues.....must be a great view way up there in your Ivory tower

hhhmmm fair enough point.......

Ivory....F*** that!!
I can afford to buy the Eiffel tower

Great effort by Traralgon to win the flag on the weekend after the losing alot of players from there list at the start of the year! With the rumours of maybe Andrew McQualter, Jay Neagle and Micheal Stockdale to return to the club next year Traralgon could possibly heading back to there success of the 90s.
Sale would have to be the most disappointed after a huge recruiting drive at the start of the year. Nick Anderson job would have to be under pressure! Im hearing if he is reappointed that Ferguson and six others have said they will play at Heyfield next year.
Ben Soumails Drouins coach is apparently close to agreeing to coach Thorpdale next year which would probably mean Andy Soumails would leave as well.
Intersting times ahead!

Great effort by Traralgon to win the flag on the weekend after the losing alot of players from there list at the start of the year! With the rumours of maybe Andrew McQualter, Jay Neagle and Micheal Stockdale to return to the club next year Traralgon could possibly heading back to there success of the 90s.
Sale would have to be the most disappointed after a huge recruiting drive at the start of the year. Nick Anderson job would have to be under pressure! Im hearing if he is reappointed that Ferguson and six others have said they will play at Heyfield next year.
Ben Soumails Drouins coach is apparently close to agreeing to coach Thorpdale next year which would probably mean Andy Soumails would leave as well.
Intersting times ahead!

No chance mate, hes already committed to Drouin again for next year

Huge recruiting drive? Biggest myth in Gippsland footy. The only 'recruit' as such was ferguson, with Fyfe, Collins and a number of others returning to the club where they all played juniors.

Not sure whether you are actually involved in Gippsland footy or any club in particular, but if you had any idea about the game you would see that the list of people sale had unavailable or playing injured during the finals meant it was basically impossible for them to compete. Nothing could be done about that by the coach. However, you seem to know local footy inside out, so I guess you already knew that.

in relation to the coaching position, as far as I know sale have offered him the position and he has declined the offer, so I guess those 7 players that you mentioned are staying at sale. Are you sure it wasn't just a certain person recently appointed at heyfield trying to push his case to get his role at heyfield? I have also heard first hand from 5 players that due to nick not coaching at sale next season they are considering whether they will play at sale or look to move elsewhere.

I hear a lot of garbage floating around local football circles and have learnt that in the majority of cases, you can disregard most of what you hear, or it is being spread by people with alterior motives.

Huge recruiting drive? Biggest myth in Gippsland footy. The only 'recruit' as such was ferguson, with Fyfe, Collins and a number of others returning to the club where they all played juniors.

Not sure whether you are actually involved in Gippsland footy or any club in particular, but if you had any idea about the game you would see that the list of people sale had unavailable or playing injured during the finals meant it was basically impossible for them to compete. Nothing could be done about that by the coach. However, you seem to know local footy inside out, so I guess you already knew that.

in relation to the coaching position, as far as I know sale have offered him the position and he has declined the offer, so I guess those 7 players that you mentioned who are staying at sale. Are you sure it wasn't just a certain person recently appointed at heyfield trying to push his case to get his role at heyfield? I have also heard first hand from 5 players that due to nick not coaching at sale next season they are considering whether they will play at sale or look to move elsewhere.

I hear a lot of garbage floating around local football circles and have learnt that in the majority of cases, you can disregard most of what you hear, or it is being spread by people with alterior motives.

Mayhem... Be a good bloke and drop some names so those of us on the lookout for senior players/potential coaches in 2012 get a little bit of inside running...

Intersting times ahead!

No chance mate, hes already committed to Drouin again for next year

Has he signed on? I heard at the footy on Saturday that the Soumilas boys and a handful of Drouin's other "star" players were going to play in the Geelong Football League for St Albans with Clint Proctor.

Rumour mill working overtime I guess.

Has he signed on? I heard at the footy on Saturday that the Soumilas boys and a handful of Drouin's other "star" players were going to play in the Geelong Football League for St Albans with Clint Proctor.

Rumour mill working overtime I guess.

Yeah, that sounds fairly believable. A bunch of blokes with lives, jobs and families entrenched in Gippsland are going to uproot all of that to go and play footy for a year in Geelong.

I think the only bit of that post worth reading is the last line, just take out the "I guess".

Oh, and point in posing questions of theaccone. He has a history of posting factless posts and then disappearing without a trace for months on end when questioned about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that sounds fairly believable. A bunch of blokes with lives, jobs and families entrenched in Gippsland are going to uproot all of that to go and play footy for a year in Geelong.

I think the only bit of that post worth reading is the last line, just take out the "I guess".

Oh, and point in posing questions of theaccone. He has a history of posting factless posts and then disappearing without a trace for months on end when questioned about them.

Drouin to Geelong is basically the same travel time as Drouin to Sale. I never said that they were packing up and moving to Geelong. If the money is right and they can handle the travel I don't see why it seems so unrealistic. Players travelling from Melbourne to the Gippsland area seems to happen a bit. The players I was told are the younger ones who live in the city or close to as well.

Like I said it was just a rumour, same as the other two posted about Soumilas/Drouin. :rolleyes:

Drouin to Geelong is basically the same travel time as Drouin to Sale. I never said that they were packing up and moving to Geelong. If the money is right and they can handle the travel I don't see why it seems so unrealistic. Players travelling from Melbourne to the Gippsland area seems to happen a bit. The players I was told are the younger ones who live in the city or close to as well.

Like I said it was just a rumour, same as the other two posted about Soumilas/Drouin. :rolleyes:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!!!! Haha. Drouin to St Albans ground roughly 2 hours or more, depending on the traffic that you face driving through the city, Drouin to Sale 1 hour 10 minutes.

Ben Soumilas, one of the players that you mentioned, current coach of Drouin, married with children, who are always at the footy watching him, lives locally, I can't see him travelling like you said.

Jeez you must be doing a quick 110 then ;)

I don't believe it either but just heard and I don't think it being posted on bigfooty is going to changes any posters life.

if you were an avid watcher of the very sharp work that Chris Soumilas and and his old buddy Keith do on their Gippsland league previews on You Tube each week you would know that Ben Soumilas signed to coach Drouin again in 2012 about half way through the season. I too heard the Clint Proctor/St Albans rumour on Saturday. I think the guys mentioned all live in Melbourne eg. Sam Proctor, Chris Dunne, Pat McGrath etc.

if you were an avid watcher of the very sharp work that Chris Soumilas and and his old buddy Keith do on their Gippsland league previews on You Tube each week you would know that Ben Soumilas signed to coach Drouin again in 2012 about half way through the season. I too heard the Clint Proctor/St Albans rumour on Saturday. I think the guys mentioned all live in Melbourne eg. Sam Proctor, Chris Dunne, Pat McGrath etc.

I watched the first one last year and was shit bored two minutes in so I haven't watchrf one since :thumbsdown:
Obviously the bloke I heard it off was getting carried away but the Melbourne based guys were definitely mentioned to me.

in relation to the coaching position, as far as I know sale have offered him the position and he has declined the offer, so I guess those 7 players that you mentioned are staying at sale. Are you sure it wasn't just a certain person recently appointed at heyfield trying to push his case to get his role at heyfield? I have also heard first hand from 5 players that due to nick not coaching at sale next season they are considering whether they will play at sale or look to move elsewhere.

^Best statement ever written on flogfooty. 100% agree

theaceone = Flog of massive porportions

That is all you bunch of nufties......

Sounds like that post really hit a nerve Mayhem20202? Its ok mate not everything goes to plan every year keep your chin up! If a player comes to a club not havnt played there the year before most people would consider that a recruit whether they had already played there or not. So the fact Sale got alot of there ex juniors back playing who were nearly all A-Graders I would conider that a major recruiting coup and good on them!
But at the end of the day to finish 4th with that list injuries or not is extremely disappointing!
I have watch Sale a few times and it seems Anderson has been very re-active with his coaching and I could see why sale would be keen to move him on!
Im hearing both Shane Birss & David Piasanti could be a chance to return from West Adelaide which would make them both recruits maybe one of them should coach!
As I said Mayhem20202 keep your chin up!

Sounds like that post really hit a nerve Mayhem20202? Its ok mate not everything goes to plan every year keep your chin up! If a player comes to a club not havnt played there the year before most people would consider that a recruit whether they had already played there or not. So the fact Sale got alot of there ex juniors back playing who were nearly all A-Graders I would conider that a major recruiting coup and good on them!
But at the end of the day to finish 4th with that list injuries or not is extremely disappointing!
I have watch Sale a few times and it seems Anderson has been very re-active with his coaching and I could see why sale would be keen to move him on!
Im hearing both Shane Birss & David Piasanti could be a chance to return from West Adelaide which would make them both recruits maybe one of them should coach!
As I said Mayhem20202 keep your chin up!

Yeah, I would assume the fact that a heap of players got injured would be disappointing. In light of that, the 1st semi loss was somewhat inevitable. I'm going to take a punt that if you add Toby Leeds, Dylan McLaren, Matthew Ferguson, Shane Fyfe, Brenton Martin, Jamie Sweeney and a number of others into most Gippsland Football League side, it would improve their chances of winning. Not to mention the guys that were playing at limitted capacity due to carrying injuries.

As per the earlier post, which you obviously didn't read properly, Sale offered Nick the job. I am fairly sure this is a strong indication that they weren't keen to move him on.

If you want to write something, why not just write what you think. ie. You believe that Nick shouldn't coach Sale. Don't try and pass it off as though the club didn't want him. You post your comments on here anonymously, so it is not as though anyone can actually hold you accountable for what you are writing. If you have an opinion, write it, but don't try to pass it off as a group of peoples opinion, when in fact it is horribly inaccurate.

Oh, and in relation to hitting a nerve, I am just not a big fan of anonymous people writing inaccurate comments and trying to pass them off as fact. I think that is fairly obvious from my comments in relation to the Drouin players alledgedly travelling to Geelong to play. I have never met most of those people being spoken about, however I think it is unfair to try and upset the applecart for the sake of it, hence my correction of your inaccuracies.

Here's my opinion for what it's worth ,i think Nick is a new age coach who would be great as an assistant in VFL or AFL but not in country footy ,you still need a certain amount of planning and KPI monitoring during the game which is an area from my observations he covers well but a country footy coach needs above other things to be respected for his playing career to be successful and attract good players (look how many kids flocked to the 4ths this year because Bricko was coaching) and by that i don't mean he had to be an out and out gun but respected for the way he went about it.Also needs the abilitie to be able to motivate his players ,didn't see many games this year so this might have improved because last year it definitely wasn't there.
You hear conflicting reports depending on who you speak to regarding how NA is recieved by the players some good some bad ,as a lifelong supporter ,whatever the situation is, i just wish we could sort this out and get some sustained success for once.The maggies have had more than their fair share of dud coaches in recent decades and our premiership strike rate more than reflects that.

Here's my opinion for what it's worth ,i think Nick is a new age coach who would be great as an assistant in VFL or AFL but not in country footy ,you still need a certain amount of planning and KPI monitoring during the game which is an area from my observations he covers well but a country footy coach needs above other things to be respected for his playing career to be successful and attract good players (look how many kids flocked to the 4ths this year because Bricko was coaching) and by that i don't mean he had to be an out and out gun but respected for the way he went about it.Also needs the abilitie to be able to motivate his players ,didn't see many games this year so this might have improved because last year it definitely wasn't there.
You hear conflicting reports depending on who you speak to regarding how NA is recieved by the players some good some bad ,as a lifelong supporter ,whatever the situation is, i just wish we could sort this out and get some sustained success for once.The maggies have had more than their fair share of dud coaches in recent decades and our premiership strike rate more than reflects that.

Hit the nail on the head right there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back