Given there's no crowd should the GFC ask for Round 4 Geelong Cats vs Hawthorn to be played at GMHBA Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

So no games in SA, WA, NSW, Qld?
I'm guessing someone is trying to imply rise Tasmania is going to use their as their opportunity to breakaway from the rest of Australia and become their own country, this allowing them to prohibit travel from the mainland to their island home

I'm guessing someone is trying to imply rise Tasmania is going to use their as their opportunity to breakaway from the rest of Australia and become their own country, this allowing them to prohibit travel from the mainland to their island home
Not sure Seeds is implying that.

Or Hawthorn could stay there in utopia and play all their home games there.
Carlton applying for HG at PP.
Wonder if Saints, Dogs, NM, all teams with a true facility, could play games at their true homes this year, with the no crowd situation
Not if the ground's playing surface isn't AFL standard.

If there is a season at all, any travel that can be avoided will be avoided.
Sending TWO teams to Tasmania would be unnecessary.
Darwin, New Zealand, China, Canberra and Antarctica would also be in that category I'd suggest.

Will planes even be going from the mainland to launceston? Will have to drive up from hobart.
I wasn't 100% serious about Hawks/Tassie, but there could be worse places to habitate amidst the Covid outbreak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good enough to train on.
Arden Street and PP are up to standard, from my knowledge.

Hey, Arden Street's gonna have it's own station when the Metro Tunnel is complete!

MM-MAP-20160108-Project-Alignment-map.jpg

A few food trucks, multiple beer tents and some portable shitters and bang! Boutique Stadium!!

Interesting to hear on the Today Show this morning the NRL are looking at having all the teams isolated in a small town in Queensland and playing the entire season on a rugby field in the town.

Would be interesting to see if the AFL would do something similar.

Interesting to hear on the Today Show this morning the NRL are looking at having all the teams isolated in a small town in Queensland and playing the entire season on a rugby field in the town.

Brisbane?

It's actually a pretty smart idea - even if it's not the whole season but for a month or 2

Have all required individuals within essentially a gated community, they go through a period of quarantine to ensure no one is sick and then you eliminate outside contact - wonder if the AFL would consider it

Could be the best option for the reasons various sporting codes to continue

It's actually a pretty smart idea - even if it's not the whole season but for a month or 2

Have all required individuals within essentially a gated community, they go through a period of quarantine to ensure no one is sick and then you eliminate outside contact - wonder if the AFL would consider it

Could be the best option for the reasons various sporting codes to continue
Footy could return to Moyston.

This is the town that has offered to host the NRL:

The Queensland town of Calliope has opened its doors to the NRL, which is currently in crisis mode attempting to keep the game alive under the stress of the current pandemic.

The competition is shaping up to play round two behind closed doors like the cricket on Friday, but from there's it's anyone's guess how officials will tackle this with plans changing on a near hourly basis.

Calliope's Homeground Villages has 1392 rooms and says it can host the NRL season if need be.

“We have the capacity to host every NRL team, plus (broadcasters) and offer them a quarantined, insulated facility away from COVID-19," Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett told Nine.

“I don’t believe anywhere else in Queensland, or Australia for that matter, could offer what we could offer.

“Marley Brown Oval has proven its ability to host the NRL.

“Two years ago during the Commonwealth Games we hosted the Gold Coast Titans versus the Manly Sea Eagles."

Remove this Banner Ad

Given there's no crowd should the GFC ask for Round 4 Geelong Cats vs Hawthorn to be played at GMHBA Stadium?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back