News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Its the price the club pays for having such a high season ticket holder allocation. Same happens at the G where dreamtime (for example) sells out but only 80k show up.

If the seat is sold, club still gets the cash so financially no worse off. Bad look on the tv and is a league wide issue the AFL needs to address.
I also think the cost of tickets is ridiculous at Geelong, you can have a general admin membership and still get whacked 30-40 bucks for a mid range seat, people that aren't members get buried even harder and it's borderline unaffordable.... Particular in today's financial climate

The caterers at GMHBA can't service the current crowds, imagine if everyone turned up. Management of GMHBA by the Geelong Trust is shit.
Especially at the bottom of the Hickey Stand!

My lord. They always bring out the hot chips one at a time. Even at half time. Christ on a bike.

I also think the cost of tickets is ridiculous at Geelong, you can have a general admin membership and still get whacked 30-40 bucks for a mid range seat, people that aren't members get buried even harder and it's borderline unaffordable.... Particular in today's financial climate
I agree generally, however have found the general admission bays very good value (and surprisingly slow filling) for the matches that aren’t fully ticketed.

Re the network, i actually somehow managed to get onto the WiFi Saturday and it worked fine, I could message the lovely at home to see how the night was via Messenger fine, the phone network however was junk when my dopey soon to be teenager went back to the wrong bay and then it took ages to get a message out to remind where the correct seat was :rolleyes: :tearsofjoy:

I find with the WiFi it's pointless trying to get on at half time, quarter time etc but during the game it's sort of fine. I'm usually able to listen to the commentary online during the game with it maybe dropping out once or twice a quarter.

Saw that there were only 31k at the Cats v Tiges game. Sure, the yellow and black are having a poor year, but the rivalry is still very high. Why wasn't there a bigger crowd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw that there were only 31k at the Cats v Tiges game. Sure, the yellow and black are having a poor year, but the rivalry is still very high. Why wasn't there a bigger crowd?
It was disappointing. Even if struggling, this should have been a genuine sell-out. I reckon the ticketing company gets in the way somewhat, giving people the impression it is a sell-out when it's clearly not. Happens at the MCG and Marvel, too. But less than 32,000 suggests deeper problems than that.

It was disappointing. Even if struggling, this should have been a genuine sell-out. I reckon the ticketing company gets in the way somewhat, giving people the impression it is a sell-out when it's clearly not. Happens at the MCG and Marvel, too. But less than 32,000 suggests deeper problems than that.
It was a sellout, every seat had an "owner". The ticketing companies can't force people to show up.

It's a massive issue that the AFL needs to deal with, last night was a sellout with only 89k.

Part of the problem is people buying tickets so far in advance. Plans change. Shit happens.

The other problem is reserved seating. Good for the clubs (banked $$$), but if they don't show up the seat goes unused.

Part of the problem is people buying tickets so far in advance. Plans change. Shit happens.

The other problem is reserved seating. Good for the clubs (banked $$$), but if they don't show up the seat goes unused.

How difficult is the reselling process? I'm genuinely curious, not making a rhetorical point.

It was a sellout, every seat had an "owner". The ticketing companies can't force people to show up.

It's a massive issue that the AFL needs to deal with, last night was a sellout with only 89k.

I reckon you might be being a bit lenient on the ticketing companies. I know when I can't go I do everything I can - friends, relatives etc - to make sure my seat is used. I suspect most others do likewise, or on-sell. 32,000 is so far short of capacity that your suite of reasons couldn't possibly be the full explanation.

How difficult is the reselling process? I'm genuinely curious, not making a rhetorical point.

I found it easier this year than previous years, even though my ticket didn't sell - I had been planning on going to the Port game but ended up in not the best way that morning, and left work after an hour. Knowing that the right thing to do isn't go to the footy that night, I put my ticket up for sale

As for the process:
  • Open the Geelong Cats app
  • Tap on the "... More" option on the bottom right
  • Select "Seat Return" from the menu; if you aren't logged in it will ask you to log in
  • It then shows a list of your events (KP only), and you select the match for which you want to return seats
  • You'll then go thru a couple of confirmations so you can't accidentally do a 1 click return

It's a pretty easy process

The new Ticketmaster system relies on an active barcode thingamabob so the 4G and 5G signal must be ok outside the ground.

It can't that hard to fix the problem within the ground. A few Starlink dishes and free Wifi maybe.

Except you don't need active internet for your tickets

The quickest & easiest way to scan in is to pre-save your ticket/s to your phones wallet app - it's then scanned via NFI technology, like making a digital payment or say your Woolworths Rewards card that's been saved digitally

No need to worry about internet & it's a much quicker process

Not difficult at all,

I am certain part of the problem with seats not being returned is an age demographic thing for the most part... some, not all, older types refuse to do it or to work out the technology required.
(obviously there are also unexpected things that come up, but plenty would know they can't make it way out and do nothing about it)

Hi all, sorry for the intrusion. And apologies if this is the wrong thread for the question.

I'm a glutton for punishment and am looking into heading over for our Rd 24 game. Any advice for an interstate fan about how easy it will be to get tickets? Cheers.

Hi all, sorry for the intrusion. And apologies if this is the wrong thread for the question.

I'm a glutton for punishment and am looking into heading over for our Rd 24 game. Any advice for an interstate fan about how easy it will be to get tickets? Cheers.
Extremely easy. Basically hasn't been difficult getting tickets at all this year unlike the last few. Just buy either GA or reserved seats when they come on sale after the fixture is released in early August.

Extremely easy. Basically hasn't been difficult getting tickets at all this year unlike the last few. Just buy either GA or reserved seats when they come on sale after the fixture is released in early August.
Much appreciated mate, thank you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back