News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Much appreciated mate, thank you!

One thing to keep in mind, the GA seating & standing tends to be around Geelong members areas

Reserved seating in the lower section of the Players Stand, especially behind the goal is where you'll find the opposition cheer squad & a large number of opposition fans sit

Geelong fans are generally pretty tame & welcoming of opposition fans, if you find yourself amongst the locals

One thing to keep in mind, the GA seating & standing tends to be around Geelong members areas

Reserved seating in the lower section of the Players Stand, especially behind the goal is where you'll find the opposition cheer squad & a large number of opposition fans sit

Geelong fans are generally pretty tame & welcoming of opposition fans, if you find yourself amongst the locals
That’s only because the days of using dim sims as amo is gone!

Why do we need towers? Cant we use the light towers?
Would take time.

Been observing a tower upgrade on the same block at work. Taken 1.5 weeks for a simple small tower on a shopping complex roof and still not finished. Would be a bigger tower you'd expect for a stadium.

The club had so far raised $14 million of their $20 million dollar goal. The Costa family has donated $10m towards the multipurpose indoor training facility.

Club has recently secured more than $4m for upgrades to the venues scoreboards.

KP precinct is a major attraction + resource for the region, in addition as a football stadium also has a function centre a restaurant.

It's fantastic for our team, however, it's become a contentious issue in the community, due to budget cuts to health services.

SHocking: "Cats ‘don’t need to be apologising’ for planned $60m upgrade.” Good on him, the new centre will provide jobs for the community + it's good for the local economy.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines.
Would be nice to see plans to turn this training centre into a recurring revenue stream.
I’m not sure I understand your comment… pretty sure they explained the value add to club and community in the article. What sort of revenue stream outside of that detailed in the article are you looking for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a hawks fan was cool to see the new redovelopment even if the result was terrible, although the internet definitely wasn’t great in the Selwood stand and also wayfinding especially in the upper level needs some work i swear everyone kept getting the aisle wrong and ended up 1 aisle away from where they should be 😂 also is it normal they lose audio for a few seconds after the siren

Attachments

• IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2419.jpeg
    IMG_2419.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
The free wifi has been a joke for the past two matches. I just want to connect to it so I can listen to SEN stadium from time to time but I don't get the wifi login prompt. I've tried all sorts of ways to force the prompt to appear but nadda.

Queuing at the Selwood stand end is terrible. I have reserved seats in the lower Hickey Stand and found it quicker to enter via the river end gates.

33,188. A sell-out. Really? Who's going to say it was 7000 reserved seat holders who didn't turn up or on-sell their seats? We deserve to know why a 40,000 capacity stadium is not getting anywhere near that. The first game (Saints) was close. Since then, very ordinary. And yet last week fans (particularly Hawks) were saying they couldn't get a ticket. Club? AFL? Ticketmaster?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back