Video Highlights Goal of the Year 2024 - Who should win?

Who do you vote for?

• Harley Reid - Round 10

• Nick Daicos - Round 16

• Nick Daicos - Round 23

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Given the strong emphasis on the amazing things Nick is doing at such a young age in the Daicos GOAT thread, surely that has to be taken into consideration for GOTY as well. So Harley Reid.

But overall a pretty meh selection. Probably could have chosen just one of these and put it up against a boundary line effort and a duck & weave in heavy traffic.

Hayden young

They all look pretty meh. Surely there were more impressive goals kicked this year?
Not that he should win, but Weddles the other week was of a similar standard, and arguably wasn’t the best hawthorn goal, if they’re the choices then Reid.

surely will got better goals then just these 3 ??
Reid .. win his own ball, the burst from the centre and the long goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would have definitely deserved it, but it probably wouldn't have even been nominated now that running goals kicked from 45m directly in front are the new trend.
Their not just running goals, sprinting while avoiding opponents for over 50m and having the composure to nail the goal is quite a skill and an ability a value it more than just a great kick with little pressure.

Their not just running goals, sprinting while avoiding opponents for over 50m and having the composure to nail the goal is quite a skill and an ability a value it more than just a great kick with little pressure.
They were all great goals, but none of them except maybe Reid's really stood out to me as GOTY. Looking back at some of the goal of the week picks, Jeremy Cameron's goal in round 1 for example, was in my opinion a more impressive goal than Daicos in round 16.

Higgins robbed. Probably because of BT's whinging

If these are the options then Reid by far.

How the f**k did that Higgins goal not make the final three? I still think Reid’s has it covered but it is way better than both Daicos versions

Reid's was the only one I knew would be in the final 3. Was goal of the year the second he kicked it.

The Daicos goal against the Suns is interesting. It's a great solo effort, but also includes two skill errors before the goal is eventually kicked.
Skill errors? What footage did you watch?

He clearly hits both targets, the second target drops a very easy mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Video Highlights Goal of the Year 2024 - Who should win?

Back