Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry. My nearly 2 year old would rather not sleep. This is causing some small delays.
Unfortunately my daughter has decide tonight is the night she refuses to sleep. I'll now have to take her for a drive which will cause about another hours delay.

Nothing a thimble of whiskey won't fix.

What do they teach parents these days???

Hello everyone and welcome to the Gold City Royals Season 37 Best and Fairest.

Tonight we will crown the Royals best player as well as hand out other awards, including some new additions
Goal kicking award
The Filth Wizard Award
Best Match thread poster
Best Media poster
Best Rookie
Peoples Princess
Best individual performance
best defender

Lets get things underway

The Gold City Royals Best and Fairest was voted on by three members of the Leadership Group each week in a 3-2-1 format with a total 18 votes handed out each week based on a 50/50 split between match thread posting and sim performance.

B&F RD1 New
1721644333674.png

We kicked off our season with a match against the Dragons. This season we welcomed some new and old faces to the team with Rookies Pedro & Nothing, a couple of returnees in Footypie32 & Jhye Clark 13 and newly crowned Royal Zevon.

Zevon made an instant impact off the field with 46 posts and the sexiest thread heading ever.

1721644408044.png

It was also great to see a couple of rookies get amongst it with Nothing and Pedro not only joining in the match thread but also contributing a couple of goals to show their class on debut. krakouers was extraordinary on the field with leather poisoning, everything he touched turned to gold too with 30 disposals, 10 tackles and 2 goals. Footypie32 had a nice return as well with 28 disposals and 10 marks on the wing, but refused to do any of the hard work, registering zero tackles. As well as the team played, the dragons just played better as they ran away with a 43 point win.

krakouers – 9 Votes

GreyCrow – 6 votes

Footypie32 – 2 votes

Zevon – 1 vote​

B&F RD2 New
1721644618974.png

This week we travelled to The Eyrie to take on the Phawks. Disappointed from our loss in week 1 but also weary not to overreact, a couple of changes were made to the line up, with caesar88 and Camros2 coming into the line up and some positional changes forcing club Captain Cadsky onto the bench also. The team was adamant they wouldn’t fall into the same habits that saw us finish bottom 4 last season and it worked a treat. The club came out firing, kicking 8 goals straight in the first term and 13 straight for the first half. We finished 60 point winners in the end with Nothing proving to gather cult hero status quickly with his 4 goals, spreading the load with full forward Brenton Davy who also kicked 4 and Membling who chimed in with 3 of his own. After almost being dropped, Ulahoopski found a spark and came off the bench for a 25 disposal game.

krakouers – 5 votes

GreyCrow – 5 votes

Ulahoopski – 4 votes

Footypie32 – 2 votes

Nothing – 2 votes​

B&F RD3 New
1721644941357.png

Heading away for the second week in a row, we took on the Bears at their stadium in the sky. Fresh off our first victory for season 37, the team was full of confidence. We kicked off the first quarter with 6 goals and leading by 8 points at the first break. The arm wrestle continued in the second quarter but the bears got on top with 6 goals to 3 and although the difference was only 8 points at ¾ time, the Bears found another gear in the last to blow us away, their 7.6 to our 1.0 seeing us go down by 50 points. Although Brenton Davy kicked 4 goals and GreyCrow dominating the ruck duel was somewhat rewarding.

Cadsky – 5 votes

GreyCrow – 5 votes

Restricted Free Agent – 5 votes

Brenton Davy – 3 votes​

Goal Kicker Award New
Goal Kicker Award

This season we entrusted the Full Forward duties to Brenton Davy and he didn’t let us down. Providing a big target up forward for the silky left foot wingers to kick to, he amassed 77 goals for the home and away season to win the FRED Medal and finished with 84 for the season. His terrific work in front of the big sticks has earned him another season at FF to try his luck at getting back-to-back FRED’s. Congratulations Big Dog Brenton Davy.

1721645040156.png

B&F RD4 New
1721645116351.png

With a 1-2 win-loss record to start, our season was off to a shaky start. Next up we had the Wonders at the Golden Throne. The match thread was something we’d probably all like to forget. In a high scoring arm wrestle, the Royals eventually prevailed by 24 points. Footypie32 had an excellent game with 28 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal and MrPremiership was hot and showed just how damaging he can be. After starting on the HBF and being benched almost immediately, he returned to the HFF and booted 5.2 from 20 disposals and only 75% game time.

Footypie32 – 9 votes

GreyCrow – 4 votes

MrPremiership – 2 votes

Restricted Free Agent – 2 votes​

Goal Kicker Award

This season we entrusted the Full Forward duties to Brenton Davy and he didn’t let us down. Providing a big target up forward for the silky left foot wingers to kick to, he amassed 77 goals for the home and away season to win the FRED Medal and finished with 84 for the season. His terrific work in front of the big sticks has earned him another season at FF to try his luck at getting back-to-back FRED’s. Congratulations Big Dog Brenton Davy.

View attachment 2056078
I had a long, self serving speech all ready for this occasion but someone (I blame grumbleguts ) pinched it from my desk.

I’ll just sign off with - “Kick it to me again bitches!”

View attachment 2056053

We kicked off our season with a match against the Dragons. This season we welcomed some new and old faces to the team with Rookies Pedro & Nothing, a couple of returnees in Footypie32 & Jhye Clark 13 and newly crowned Royal Zevon.

Zevon made an instant impact off the field with 46 posts and the sexiest thread heading ever.

View attachment 2056056

It was also great to see a couple of rookies get amongst it with Nothing and Pedro not only joining in the match thread but also contributing a couple of goals to show their class on debut. krakouers was extraordinary on the field with leather poisoning, everything he touched turned to gold too with 30 disposals, 10 tackles and 2 goals. Footypie32 had a nice return as well with 28 disposals and 10 marks on the wing, but refused to do any of the hard work, registering zero tackles. As well as the team played, the dragons just played better as they ran away with a 43 point win.

krakouers – 9 Votes

GreyCrow – 6 votes

Footypie32 – 2 votes

Zevon – 1 vote​
1721645382546.gif

B&F RD6 New
1721645364996.png

Our seesawing season continued against the Roys at Brunswick Junction Oval, affectionately known as Gorilla Park. For reasons unknown to the captain, The Royals just couldn’t seem to find their groove this season and this game was one to forget. The Roys burst out of the gates, taking a 5 goal lead to qtr time, by the end of the match we went down by 10 goals. Brenton Davy and Nothing did their best to get us moving with 4 and 3 goals respectively but ultimately we had far too many passengers in the team on the day.

Brenton Davy – 8 votes

Cadsky – 5 votes

Membling – 3 votes

krakouers – 1 vote

Zevon – 1 vote​

B&F RD7 New
1721645502614.png

Round 7 was our first of 3 meeting with the Old Boys this season, far more than any team should have to endure them for. A good start to the game saw us have the first 6 shots on goal. Unfortunately we couldn’t kick over a tin can as the first 3 shots were all rushed behinds and we only converted 2 of our 6 shots. We’d go in quarter time 2 points ahed before the Old Boys turned it on in the second, kicking 9.6 to our 3.1. By Full time it was obvious goals weren’t hard to come by on the day but they seemed to come even easier for the opposition. We would go down by 21 points in a high scoring affair. Brenton Davy put in his best effort so far with 8.3 for the day. Restricted Free Agent had a day out with 35 disposals, 9 tackles and 6 frees for. krakouers also had a terrific day with 33 disposals. By the end of round 7 we would sit last on the ladder.

Zevon – 7 votes

Brenton Davy – 5 votes

krakouers – 3 votes

Restricted Free Agent – 3 votes​

The Filth Wizard Award – Best Clubman New
The Filth Wizard Award – Best Clubman

The Filthy Award, named after our longest standing captain The Filth Wizard, is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognise for any reason he/she feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Filthy is Match thread posting, Media threads, Leadership, League recognised awards or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. This season I am proud to award the second Filthy award to Footypie32. When I noticed FP stumble back into the sign-up thread at the end of last season, I immediately sent him a recruitment PM and I’m glad I did, he has been a god send to me this season. Not only has Footypie32 been a consistent and quality match thread poster, he was elevated to VC very early on in the season as his commitment to the club and the league shone through straight away. Once elevated, he was a terrific sounding board for me. His contributions in our leadership group have been outstanding. He has contributed to recruiting new and existing players to our club for next season and has recently taken over committee duties. He has also helped with writing up some awards for tonight and he’s done all of this with no fuss. Above all of this he is a very funny guy and a great person. Thank you for all your help Footypie32 and congratulations!

1721645636192.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Filth Wizard Award – Best Clubman

The Filthy Award, named after our longest standing captain The Filth Wizard, is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognise for any reason he/she feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Filthy is Match thread posting, Media threads, Leadership, League recognised awards or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. This season I am proud to award the second Filthy award to Footypie32. When I noticed FP stumble back into the sign-up thread at the end of last season, I immediately sent him a recruitment PM and I’m glad I did, he has been a god send to me this season. Not only has Footypie32 been a consistent and quality match thread poster, he was elevated to VC very early on in the season as his commitment to the club and the league shone through straight away. Once elevated, he was a terrific sounding board for me. His contributions in our leadership group have been outstanding. He has contributed to recruiting new and existing players to our club for next season and has recently taken over committee duties. He has also helped with writing up some awards for tonight and he’s done all of this with no fuss. Above all of this he is a very funny guy and a great person. Thank you for all your help Footypie32 and congratulations!

View attachment 2056093
Well deserved Footypie32

B&F RD8 New
1721645888076.png

Although languishing on the bottom of the ladder, none of us were aware that round 8 would be the start of an incredible run where we would win 9 of our next 10 matches on the way to claiming the minor premiership. This week it was the Gumbies. After copping it from the board, the media and the fans all week with talk of trading the captain at the end of the season, Cadsky said enough is enough and put in the performance of the season with 36 disposals, 12 tackles and a goal to will his team to victory. Rookie Pedro also seemed to feel the energy on the day as he kicked an outstanding 7 goals from 7 kicks in a forward pocket and GreyCrow dominated the ruck with 24 hitouts and 27 disposals.

Cadsky – 9 votes

GreyCrow – 4 votes

Pedro – 2 votes

Zevon – 2 votes

Brenton Davy – 1 vote​

B&F RD9 New
1721646104384.png

The Swamprats were the next obstacle in the way of our Premiership quest and they would prove to be no push overs. Although close, the first half belonged to the Rats with a slender 2 point lead. The Royals would edge ahead by 3 quarter time before the Rats played catch up in the last. They would put their noses in front with 9 minutes to go, enter Cadsky. Sensing the game slipping away he finished with 19 disposals, 9 tackles, 7 frees for and the last two Royals goals to ensure victory. grumbleguts had a solid game with 20 disposals, 4 tackles and 2 goals. Membling had a game to forget with just the 1 free against from 100% game time.

Cadsky – 8 votes

Brenton Davy – 6 votes

Footypie32 – 4 votes​

Best match thread poster New
Best match thread poster

Every season I endeavour to find fun and interesting posters to add to the Royals list to add a different and fun element to our match threads and complement our already outstanding core of posters, weather that be via an existing player from another club or a new rookie and this season was no exception. When I added Zevon to our list I had no doubt about the quality of posts he could bring to our list and I wasn’t disappointed. From the outset he showed a renewed enthusiasm for the game and was in our top 3 posters in the opening round. Not afraid to use his Moderator powers to his advantage or even take the piss out of them. Zevon has been an outstanding addition and his posting was a joy to read throughout the season.

Congratulations Zevon

1721646333978.png

Best match thread poster

Every season I endeavour to find fun and interesting posters to add to the Royals list to add a different and fun element to our match threads and complement our already outstanding core of posters, weather that be via an existing player from another club or a new rookie and this season was no exception. When I added Zevon to our list I had no doubt about the quality of posts he could bring to our list and I wasn’t disappointed. From the outset he showed a renewed enthusiasm for the game and was in our top 3 posters in the opening round. Not afraid to use his Moderator powers to his advantage or even take the piss out of them. Zevon has been an outstanding addition and his posting was a joy to read throughout the season.

Congratulations Zevon

View attachment 2056109
Congratulations Zevon

B&F RD10 New
1721646450247.png

After 2 on the trot we took on the Demons at home. The Demons were first out of the gate and the Royals followed closely behind for most of the first half until a Footypie32 goal put the Royals in front for half time. From that point on the Royals remained in the lead until a Demons goal with only a couple of minutes to go put them back in front. We would go down by 6 points. Now im not going to blame this loss on anyone in particular, but I will say that Brenton Davy 's 3.7 didn’t help…. Restricted Free Agent was BOG with 37 disposals. 9 tackles to Smartys Power was a great effort.

Restricted Free Agent – 9 votes

Smartys Power – 3 votes

Brenton Davy – 2 votes

GreyCrow – 2 votes

Ulahoopski – 2 votes​

View attachment 2056111

After 2 on the trot we took on the Demons at home. The Demons were first out of the gate and the Royals followed closely behind for most of the first half until a Footypie32 goal put the Royals in front for half time. From that point on the Royals remained in the lead until a Demons goal with only a couple of minutes to go put them back in front. We would go down by 6 points. Now im not going to blame this loss on anyone in particular, but I will say that brenton davy’s 3.7 didn’t help…. Restricted Free Agent was BOG with 37 disposals. 9 tackles to Smartys Power was a great effort.

Restricted Free Agent – 9 votes

Smartys Power – 3 votes

Brenton Davy – 2 votes

GreyCrow – 2 votes

Ulahoopski – 2 votes​
Raspberry incoming

B&F RD11 New
1721646670002.png

This week we took on Filthy’s mob and it was clear we weren’t happy with last weeks result. The Filth Wizard kicked the first goal of the match, his one and only for the day as grumbleguts did a fantastic job blanketing him for the rest of the day. Although this game wasn’t overly high scoring and there weren’t many standout performances, we walked away with a 51 point victory and 4 premiership points. This was just a good solid all round team performance game.

Nothing – 6 votes

Cadsky – 5 votes

grumbleguts – 3 votes

GreyCrow – 2 votes

Brenton Davy – 1 vote

Restricted Free Agent – 1 vote​

B&F RD12 New
1721646803659.png

This week we welcomed the Furies to the Throne. and although they finished with a respectable 91 points, it was the Royals who put their foot down in the second half, piling on 12 goals to 6 after the long break. We would finish 51 point winners for the second consecutive week. Brenton Davy kicked a season high 9 goals from 9 kicks. Far better accuracy than last week. Footypie32 had 24 disposals, but also gave away 4 free kicks to the opposition.

Brenton Davy – 9 votes

GreyCrow – 5 votes

Cadsky – 2 votes

Footypie32 – 2 votes​

Best media poster New
Best media poster

Media threads are the backbone of the Sweet FA and yet media is hard to come by these days and quality media is even harder to find. Despite this, there was one poster who took the plunge into media threads not only once, but three times this season. Always looking for an opportunity to put the Royals or his teammates in the spotlight, Footypie32 was the man who lead the Media landscape for the Royals this season with the below threads.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dastardly-dreams-dashed.1382118/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/all-aboard-the-royal-carriage.1381537/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/smartys-power-treats-us-to-350-of-the-best.1379125/

He is the deserving winner of the Royals Media Poster award.

Congratulations Footypie32

1721646999403.png

View attachment 2056116

This week we took on Filthy’s mob and it was clear we weren’t happy with last weeks result. The Filth Wizard kicked the first goal of the match, his one and only for the day as grumbleguts did a fantastic job blanketing him for the rest of the day. Although this game wasn’t overly high scoring and there weren’t many standout performances, we walked away with a 51 point victory and 4 premiership points. This was just a good solid all round team performance game.

Nothing – 6 votes

Cadsky – 5 votes

grumbleguts – 3 votes

GreyCrow – 2 votes

Brenton Davy – 1 vote

Restricted Free Agent – 1 vote​
The Filth Wizard also kept me goalless though

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back