Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

The Filth Wizard Award – Best Clubman

The Filthy Award, named after our longest standing captain The Filth Wizard, is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognise for any reason he/she feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Filthy is Match thread posting, Media threads, Leadership, League recognised awards or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. This season I am proud to award the second Filthy award to Footypie32. When I noticed FP stumble back into the sign-up thread at the end of last season, I immediately sent him a recruitment PM and I’m glad I did, he has been a god send to me this season. Not only has Footypie32 been a consistent and quality match thread poster, he was elevated to VC very early on in the season as his commitment to the club and the league shone through straight away. Once elevated, he was a terrific sounding board for me. His contributions in our leadership group have been outstanding. He has contributed to recruiting new and existing players to our club for next season and has recently taken over committee duties. He has also helped with writing up some awards for tonight and he’s done all of this with no fuss. Above all of this he is a very funny guy and a great person. Thank you for all your help Footypie32 and congratulations!

View attachment 2056093

This was definitely not expected. Thanks Cadsky

It's been a delight helping a captain that is very clearly devoted to the club as much as you are.

Go Royals!

B&F RD13 New
1721647168822.png

Ahhh the Bombers. What can I say? The smooth brained, mouth breathers aren’t much pleasure to deal with for a week. Although some like Brenton Davy seem to relish it, so good on him. Somehow grumbleguts doesn’t have every single Bomber on ignore. Umm, what else? I think Zevon made it through the week without banning one of their posters. Anyway, Again, Brenton Davy did Brenton Davy things, kicking lots of goals, apparently I kicked a few as well. GreyCrow was everywhere with 14 HO’s, 19 Disposals and 7 tackles. Nothing and Membling both worked their butts off with 5 tackles each. Oh and we won by 3 goals. Yay us.

Brenton Davy – 9 votes

GreyCrow – 5 votes

Cadsky – 2 votes

Footypie32 – 2 votes​

The Filth Wizard Award – Best Clubman

The Filthy Award, named after our longest standing captain The Filth Wizard, is awarded to somebody the Captain wishes to recognise for any reason he/she feels deserves recognition. Things to consider for the Filthy is Match thread posting, Media threads, Leadership, League recognised awards or anything else that may make a poster deserving of such a prestigious award. This season I am proud to award the second Filthy award to Footypie32. When I noticed FP stumble back into the sign-up thread at the end of last season, I immediately sent him a recruitment PM and I’m glad I did, he has been a god send to me this season. Not only has Footypie32 been a consistent and quality match thread poster, he was elevated to VC very early on in the season as his commitment to the club and the league shone through straight away. Once elevated, he was a terrific sounding board for me. His contributions in our leadership group have been outstanding. He has contributed to recruiting new and existing players to our club for next season and has recently taken over committee duties. He has also helped with writing up some awards for tonight and he’s done all of this with no fuss. Above all of this he is a very funny guy and a great person. Thank you for all your help Footypie32 and congratulations!

View attachment 2056093

It’s an honour, a real honour.

Footypie32 is a lucky dude.

Best media poster

Media threads are the backbone of the Sweet FA and yet media is hard to come by these days and quality media is even harder to find. Despite this, there was one poster who took the plunge into media threads not only once, but three times this season. Always looking for an opportunity to put the Royals or his teammates in the spotlight, Footypie32 was the man who lead the Media landscape for the Royals this season with the below threads.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dastardly-dreams-dashed.1382118/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/all-aboard-the-royal-carriage.1381537/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/smartys-power-treats-us-to-350-of-the-best.1379125/

He is the deserving winner of the Royals Media Poster award.

Congratulations Footypie32

View attachment 2056125

Wow, 2 awards! I should crack open some champagne or something.

Thanks again Cadsky

I feel like I'm still trying to get my media thread groove back. Hopefully better things to come in S38.

I also hope I will have some more competition next season. Seriously guys, do Media threads!!

Rookie of the season New
Rookie of the season – by Footypie32

Season 37 saw 2 rookies emerge at the Royals. Pedro had a spectacular statistical season, kicking 35 goals from 19 games out of the forward pocket.
The other talented youngster was Nothing who was recruited late in the off-season after a fantastic game of Werewolf.
Nothing's user name became a pun-tastic godsend in match threads, where he often found himself tagged into random posts. He ran with it, and his dry, often self-deprecating sense of humour endeared him to the club and the league as a whole.
The leadership group at Gold City believe he has a very bright future ahead of him in the league and look forward to him building on a very solid first season.

And this why he has been named as the Gold City Royals Season 37 Rookie of the Season.

Congratulations Nothing.

1721647464248.png

B&F RD14 New
1721647566150.png

For the second time in just over a month we took on the Rats. Last time round we came up trumps by less than a goal. With The Royals in a rich vein of form we were looking for our 4th straight win as we made our charge towards finals and we were dead eye in front of goal with Cadsky kicking 5 from a FP. hotchilli was like a raging bull with 7 tackles while Footypie32 collected a team high 21 disposals. We would go on to win by 48 points.

Cadsky – 8 votes

Footypie32 – 4 votes

GreyCrow – 4 votes

hotchilli – 2 votes​

B&F RD16 New
1721647723857.png

As we approach the end of the season, we played the Gumbies in Monday Night Qootball. The weather was muddy and the Royals were ready to get dirty. As expected with muddy conditions the game was a slog. Players were slipping and sliding all over the place and goals were hard to come by. By ¾ time the Royals held a slender lead by 2 points. But We lifted in the last to boot 4.4 to the Gumbies 1.0 and walk away 4 goal winners. Membling and Restricted Free Agent relished the muddy conditions with 5 tackles apiece. CakeEater and Zevon also had 20 disposals each.

CakeEater – 8 votes

Cadsky – 4 votes

Brenton Davy – 3 votes

GreyCrow – 1 vote

grumbleguts – 1 vote

Nothing – 1 vote​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People's Princess New
People's Princess – By Footypie32

This season sees a brand new award handed out at the Royals B&F night. Its one that I hope becomes a mainstay for future seasons. The People's Princess is aimed at celebrating those posters at the club that make match threads and the league in general, more enjoyable, and keep us coming back week after week.

As lovely as qooty is, it still hasn't found a way to record stats for humour, eloquence and good ****ing banter. So we have asked all of you to vote for your favourite poster. I would like to thank everyone that did take the time to vote.

The inaugural winner of the People's Princess is a poster that I have known for a long time. From this board and the Crows board. He never takes himself or the league too seriously and is always prolific in match threads. He is an absolute pleasure to play alongside and a very worthy winner.

Please congratulate the winner of the People's Princess

GreyCrow

1721647932229.png

B&F RD18 New
1721648092646.png

Our second meeting with the Ophidians and last time was a 21 point loss so this week we would look to make up for it. With the crowd on our side this time, we burst out of the gate kicking 7 goals to 3 by quarter time and we would maintain a 4-5 goal margin till ¾ time. In the last quarter the Ophidians threw everything they had at us. In fact the Old Boys would hit the lead with 7 minutes to go. Not ready to give up, The Royals would kick a goal with just a couple of minutes to spare to put us back in front and we would hold on for a slender 1 point win. A lucky escape. krakouers had a game high 33 disposals while Bianconeri played an important roll nullifying the oppositions best small forward and collecting 13 disposals and taking 8 intercept marks for the game.

Brenton Davy – 9 votes

Cadsky – 2 votes

CakeEater – 2 votes

GreyCrow – 2 votes

nahnah – 2 votes

Footypie32 – 1 vote​

B&F RD20 New
1721648200299.png

The final home and away match of the season and we were determined to finish the season on a high. The fight for the minor premiership was on between us, The Roys and the Old Boys. Not only did we get the job done, we made sure the Minor premiership was our with a resounding 70 point win, our best result for the season. Today was all about Brenton Davy and if he could take home the FRED medal for the leading goal kicker of the season and he didn’t disappoint kicking 7.1. Zevon had an outstanding game with 31 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals. And GreyCrow dominated the ruck with 18 HO’s, 26 disposals 4 tackles and 4 frees for. We walk away on a 7 game hot streak leading into finals.

Brenton Davy – 7 votes

Cadsky – 7 votes

Footypie32 – 3 votes

GreyCrow – 1 vote​

Best Individual Performance New
Best Individual Performance – By Footypie32

When the team ends up winning the minor premiership, it surely means there must have been some great individual performances along the way, right... right? Of course.

There was quite the short-list of nominees, including Pedro, Restricted Free Agent, and even our very own captain, Cadsky.

But as we all know, goals win matches. And one man kicked more than anyone else this season. Which included some spectacular individual games. None better than when he kicked 9 straight in Round 12, to help us demolish the Furies by 51 points.

So please congratulate the winner of the Season 37 Best Individual Performance award.

Brenton Davy

1721648290644.png

B&F QF New
1721648398688.png

Home ground advantage was ours for the first week of finals and fresh off 7 straight wins we went in very confident of getting the job done. 9 scoring shots apiece in the first quarter with the Roys being slightly more accurate saw them go to the first change 10 points up. The second quarter the Roys kicked 4 goals to our 3, putting them up by 16 points at the Half. Struggling to find the answers to the Roys, Captain Cadsky did nothing to fix the problem in the third and the Roys piled on 9 goals to 4 to blow the margin out to 47 points by three quarter time. A late move to swap Nothing and Ulahoopski seemed to stem the flow but it was too little too late and the Roys would go on to win by 48 points. GreyCrow could hold his head high with 19 HO’s, 30 disposals, 4 tackles and 2 goals. Cadsky had 10 tackles and Zevon had 31 disposals. Some decent performances all round but there just seemed to be no connection between the midfield and forward line and the defence struggled under a barrage of inside 50’s.

Cadsky – 8 votes

GreyCrow – 5 votes

Brenton Davy – 2 votes

Zevon – 2 votes

Footypie32 – 1 vote​

Best Individual Performance – By Footypie32

When the team ends up winning the minor premiership, it surely means there must have been some great individual performances along the way, right... right? Of course.

There was quite the short-list of nominees, including Pedro, Restricted Free Agent, and even our very own captain, Cadsky.

But as we all know, goals win matches. And one man kicked more than anyone else this season. Which included some spectacular individual games. None better than when he kicked 9 straight in Round 12, to help us demolish the Furies by 51 points.

So please congratulate the winner of the Season 37 Best Individual Performance award.

Brenton Davy

View attachment 2056148
Thank you! Thank you! Settle down you lot! Jump on my back and I’ll try my best to take us to the promised land this season.

Best Defender New
Best Defender

Defenders seem to be the forgotten players every season, often going unnoticed all season long until the ALL-SFA comes along and unless you’re in the top 6 defenders in the league, that’s generally where the recognition stops. But not here at the Royals. Both grumbleguts and nahnah spent all season in the backline and deserve recognition for their invaluable contributions on the qooty field. grumbleguts tirelessly held down the position of Full Back all season and was a key reason we finished the home and away season in First place, often blanketing the oppositions best key forward.

Well done grumbleguts!

1721648494732.png

Best Defender

Defenders seem to be the forgotten players every season, often going unnoticed all season long until the ALL-SFA comes along and unless you’re in the top 6 defenders in the league, that’s generally where the recognition stops. But not here at the Royals. Both grumbleguts and nahnah spent all season in the backline and deserve recognition for their invaluable contributions on the qooty field. grumbleguts tirelessly held down the position of Full Back all season and was a key reason we finished the home and away season in First place, often blanketing the oppositions best key forward.

Well done grumbleguts!

View attachment 2056154
Congratulations grubleguts

B&F SF New
1721648618063.png

Big week against the Bears at home. The equation is simple now, win at all costs. Falconista got the thread rolling with a quality OP where the Royals Masterchef’s easily dispatched of the Bears. The Qooty match would prove to be a harder task. First quarter belonged to the Royals, second to the bears and third back to the Royals. With 1 goal the difference heading into the last quarter, 3.5 to the Royals would be enough to see them move onto the Prelim. Membling had a ripping game with 23 disposals, 7 tackles, 7 frees for and 2 goals. hotchilli and Smartys Power lead the goals with 3 each.

GreyCrow – 6 votes

Cadsky – 5 votes

Membling – 4 votes

Brenton Davy – 3 votes​

B&F PF New
1721648768656.png

For the third time this season we faced off against the Old Boys. The first quarter was a positive result, kicking 4 goals to three but we let them off the leash in the second term with 6 goals to 2. A tighter second half wasn’t enough to claw back the deficit and we would eventually end our season in disappointing fashion. Membling had another ripping game with 26 disposals, 3 tackles, 4 frees for and 2 goals. Unfortunately that’s about where the good performances ended, along with our season.

Cadsky – 6 votes

Footypie32 – 5 votes

Membling – 4 votes

nahnah – 3 votes​

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back