Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

B&F Winner New
Best & Fairest – By Footypie32

And now for the main event. The reason we are all here, and the culmination of another season.

It's time to announce the Gold City Royals Best & Fairest for Season 37.

For this award, votes were provided each week (or in a big lump every few rounds or so) by Cadsky, Footypie32 and grumbleguts. To ensure impartiality, votes were done individually, without knowledge of how the others would vote. Votes for each round were then tallied up at the end of the season, and the winner was declared.

Votes were given in the classic 3/2/1 style for each round and each voter used a mixture of match thread Posting and stats to cast their votes.

And let me tell you, there was a very broad spectrum of votes received. With most of the team polling in at least a few matches.

We saw some huge performances this season from club legends such as GreyCrow, Brenton Davy and Cadsky.

We also witnessed great games from new comers Zevon, Footypie32, Pedro and Nothing.

Winner

And so we in the Gold City Royals Leadership Groupwould like to congratulate our mighty captain, Cadsky on winning the Season 37 Best & Fairest award.

Cadsky lead from the front every week in match threads. He wins this award despite moving himself unselfishly around the field during the season to accommodate others, possibly costing him an All SFA spot.

So please raise your glasses and take a drink for your Captain and winner, Cadsky.

1721648854011.png

B&F votes New

And now for the main event. The reason we are all here, and the culmination of another season.

For this award, votes were provided each week (or in a big lump every few rounds or so) by Cadsky, Footypie32 and grumbleguts. To ensure impartiality, votes were done individually, without knowledge of how the others would vote. Votes for each round were then tallied up at the end of the season, and the winner was declared.

Votes were given in the classic 3/2/1 style for each round and each voter used a mixture of match thread Posting and stats to cast their votes.

And let me tell you, there was a very broad spectrum of votes received. With most of the team polling in at least a few matches.

We saw some huge performances this season from club legends such as GreyCrow, Brenton Davy and Cadsky.

We also witnessed great games from new comers Zevon, Footypie32, Pedro and Nothing.

Winner

And so we in the Gold City Royals Leadership Groupwould like to congratulate our mighty captain, Cadsky on winning the Season 37 Best & Fairest award.

Cadsky lead from the front every week in match threads. He wins this award despite moving himself unselfishly around the field during the season to accommodate others, possibly costing him an All SFA spot.

So please raise your glasses and take a drink for your Captain and winner, Cadsky.

View attachment 2056158

Congratulations Cadsky

Very well deserved

Thank you everyone for a terrific season. I'm not going to bore you with a winners speech, I was already a winner to have the privilege of captaining such a great group of posters and you're all winners in my eye. Thank you.

Winner

View attachment 2056158

Congratulations mate, well deserved. You really led from the front this season.

I will also take the opportunity to thank you for your fantastic work putting this evening together. Can't have been easy wrestling 2 youngsters, while try to put it all together.

Thank you everyone for a terrific season. I'm not going to bore you with a winners speech, I was already a winner to have the privilege of captaining such a great group of posters and you're all winners in my eye. Thank you.
so you're giving a good one instead?

That depends, are you going to grade my speech at the end?
"There's nothing like a fantastic winner's speech. And that's exactly what that was... nothing like a fantastic winner's speech."

Final Leaderboard

Cadsky – 74 votes

Brenton Davy – 69 votes

GreyCrow – 57 votes

Footypie32 – 35 votes

Restricted Free Agent – 22 votes

krakouers – 18 votes

Zevon – 13 votes

Membling – 11 votes

CakeEater – 10 votes

Nothing – 9 votes

Ulahoopski – 6 votes

nahnah – 5 votes

grumbleguts – 4 votes

Smartys Power – 3 votes

hotchilli – 2 votes

MrPremiership – 2 votes

Pedro – 2 votes​
And just like a North Korean Vote on the Greatest Golfer… the result is certain….

And just like a North Korean Vote on the Greatest Golfer… the result is certain….
In my 5 seasons as a club captain, this is the first time I've won the b&f. It's also the first season I had others assisting with votes.

Congrats to all the award winners this evening, particularly myself of course especially our Best and Fairest winner Cadsky!

I had a great first season here. Looking forward to many more with you all!

In my 5 seasons as a club captain, this is the first time I've won the b&f. It's also the first season I had others assisting with votes.
I don’t want to call the result rigged…

But I don’t know how to finish that sentence….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie of the season – by Footypie32

Season 37 saw 2 rookies emerge at the Royals. Pedro had a spectacular statistical season, kicking 35 goals from 19 games out of the forward pocket.
The other talented youngster was Nothing who was recruited late in the off-season after a fantastic game of Werewolf.
Nothing's user name became a pun-tastic godsend in match threads, where he often found himself tagged into random posts. He ran with it, and his dry, often self-deprecating sense of humour endeared him to the club and the league as a whole.
The leadership group at Gold City believe he has a very bright future ahead of him in the league and look forward to him building on a very solid first season.

And this why he has been named as the Gold City Royals Season 37 Rookie of the Season.

Congratulations Nothing.

View attachment 2056132
Thanks. I look forward to contributing nothing on field and 100 times that off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Gold City Royals Official Team Thread S37 - Crowns and Scepters at the ready. B&F on now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back