News Gold Coast approach 211

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned

I have no qualms with him wanting the money I just hate how the Suns and GWS to made up teams by the AFL can afford to pay these players and get given the draft pics and mini draft. Freo got sweet shit all.

Any compensation if he goes?

Honestly, GC and GWS are the teams that I hate the most, could they be anymore mollycoddled by the AFL? We will be paying through the nose for years to come for those teams.

But, I wouldn't be that upset to see him go if that is what they are offering. We probably need to be realistic about how much longer Sandi really has.

• Banned
Any compensation if he goes?

Honestly, GC and GWS are the teams that I hate the most, could they be anymore mollycoddled by the AFL? We will be paying through the nose for years to come for those teams.

But, I wouldn't be that upset to see him go if that is what they are offering. We probably need to be realistic about how much longer Sandi really has.

He has been a loyal player to Freo and has had a great career. No hard feelings here. Being unrestricted I don't think Freo has much of a bargaining chip. Would like to see the clauses regarding free agency.

I again state my hate towards the AFL and gws and gold coast. They are there because of expansion not because there was an overwhelming interest from the public in those areas.

Can't really see him leaving Freo. Sandi just bleeds purple. Can only really see him leaving if the dockers don't want him any more. He'll be well looked after by Fremantle no doubt. He's got wife and family all here. He's been in WA his whole life and a country boy. Would be very surprised even for that kind of money.

Obviously Freo want to keep him but want him to take a pay cut, his manager disagrees and talks to other clubs then leak the story so Freo could up its offer.

Obviously Freo want to keep him but want him to take a pay cut, his manager disagrees and talks to other clubs then leak the story so Freo could up its offer.

That's the plan anyway. If his manager demands a pay increase I wouldn't accept it if I was Freo. They gave too many young players they need to hold onto who will be looking for pay increases.

Why let a manager hold a club to ransom?

I really do love Sandi and would hate to see him go. But the war chest it would give us if he did leave would give us a chance to get Rance or another player.

That midfield would be bloody hard to stop with Sandi palming it down their throats. If true ask Sandi to go in as a double agent to get Swallow, Bennell, Martin and Matera into purple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why he wants more money its not like he isn't well paid by us, he was earning more money than Pavlich at one stage.

Just had a quick look at the rules regarding free agency compensation. So surely first round compo when a player gets paid $1.2 million A YEAR? Albeit he is a bit on the mature side.

Just had a quick look at the rules regarding free agency compensation. So surely first round compo when a player gets paid $1.2 million A YEAR? Albeit he is a bit on the mature side.
If Frawley got 600k per year for 4 years and that netted Dees a first rounder then a contract of 1.2m per year for 2 years should be worth the same.

Seems like BS to me. Gold Coast have Gorridge, Wright, Z Smith, and Nicholls in the ruck. Plus they need salary cap space for likes of Bennell.
Yes, I agree. Sandilands would be an awesome get for them but it would come at the cost of managing the longer term contracts that they are already expected to struggle with.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gold Coast approach 211

Remove this Banner Ad

Back