Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

He wanted to go on a long holiday during the European summer. He offered to quit. The club obviously told him how required & appreciated he is & have kept his position open.

If all he wanted was to quit, he would have just quit then & there & said thanks, but no thanks.
It’s only just ticked over to Spring in Europe.

For some reason Wrighty's I-phone 6 has been stuck on airplane mode since last night so he missed the game.

He mumbled something about the Moulin girls stuffing around on his phone with their Only Fans updates and messing with his greatest tool in bringing the Pies ship back on course.

He wants to assure that everyone knows that he's still on the case. Sure, he left Leppa and Bolts and that deserter Demon chick to carry out his very easy role during the season between them. He appreciates the efforts that Leppa and Bolts have been giving, but he's worried that their previous largely unimportant coaching roles are not being filled adequately.

Wrighty has decided to send the Moulin Rouge choreographer and a couple of her assistants over to take over the line coaching to help ease the burden. He reckons she's got all the right moves and will do just the trick.

It might also help ease a bit of the tension with Leppa and Bolts.

That's our boy Wrighty, never stops thinking out of the square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to argue alot of that.

It's a massive disaster if we have allowed Wright to take a break and he doesn't return to the same role at Collingwood.

Wright hopefully stays we need him more then ever.

We know this already, but Fly, Leppa and Bolton (and Kelly) took on additional duties this year to cover Wright’s absence, and in the apparent hope that he’ll return to his role or another version of it.

I didn’t like it when we first learnt of it and I still don’t. I love what Wright has done for us, and I’d love him back too, but having our coaches (our football brains trust) stretched in this way was never going to be good, and hardly conducive to high performance. They are not supermen.

I don’t like to be overly critical of the club - not since we finally got rid of Eddie - and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But this is not a great way to run a footy club - especially one going for B2B - and it was never going to be.

Being Collingwood, we may still surprise and overcome yet another hurdle (crisis?) of our own making - but geez we love to make sustained success hard for ourselves.

We know this already, but Fly, Leppa and Bolton (and Kelly) took on additional duties this year to cover Wright’s absence, and in the apparent hope that he’ll return to his role or another version of it.

I didn’t like it when we first learnt of it and I still don’t. I love what Wright has done for us, and I’d love him back too, but having our coaches (our football brains trust) stretched in this way was never going to be good, and hardly conducive to high performance. They are not supermen.

I don’t like to be overly critical of the club - not since we finally got rid of Eddie - and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But this is not a great way to run a footy club - especially one going for B2B - and it was never going to be.

Being Collingwood, we may still surprise and overcome yet another hurdle (crisis?) of our own making - but geez we love to make sustained success hard for ourselves.

Nobody liked the idea of Wright taking an extended sabbatical during the club's premiership defence.

Kirby, who repeatedly maintained that everything would be OK, has much to answer for.

Nobody liked the idea of Wright taking an extended sabbatical during the club's premiership defence.

Kirby, who repeatedly maintained that everything would be OK, has much to answer for.
The players must be loving that the focus on Wright and the Schultz trade is taking the focus off their poor preparation for the season

Hard to argue alot of that.

It's a massive disaster if we have allowed Wright to take a break and he doesn't return to the same role at Collingwood.

Wright hopefully stays we need him more then ever.
I think he’s a man of integrity and would have declined the offer of a sabbatical if he wasn’t returning. Most importantly to allow the Club plenty of time to find a replacement.

The players must be loving that the focus on Wright and the Schultz trade is taking the focus off their poor preparation for the season

My post was tongue-in-cheek, Harry.

I remember IQ and the Daicos boys returning to training early and doing extra programmed work.

They might be having a bad year, but it's not due to laziness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back