Game Day Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turned the North Melbourne breakfast show on they were interviewing some coaches Hardwick, Clarkeson and Chris Scott all tipped us, hoping they are great judges!

Are any non neutral fans going for the pies?
Heaps.

Lots and lots of salty Bulldogs fans are on the Pies. I’m sure plenty of Suns fans would rather see them win. And then you get a lot of Victorians who would rather see a Victorian team win for some reason.

Finally, finally it’s here!
I’m old enough and I’ve been lucky enough to live through our previous glory years. I attended the 2001 and 2002 grand finals but then missed the next two prioritizing my newborn son. It’s so amazing to get to share this grand final experience with that son 20 years later… and watch him at last get to see the team he loves in a grand final.

Bring it on!!

I’m sure plenty of Suns fans would rather see them win.
Sure, technically two out of three of them constitutes a majority but the third is Ben who's pretty loud.

Jokes aside, I think Queensland parochialism trumps rivalries quite often in this scenario.

Third verse of country roads

I hear her voice-->
Lions get a break

In the morning hours she calls me -->
The ball is racing tw'ds forward fifty

The radio reminds of my home far away -->
The crowd is waiting ready for another Charlie goal

Driving down the road I get a feeling I should have been home -->
Through it goes and you can never see it coming but there it is

Yesterday day,
Yes It's a goal

yesterday day
He's got a goal

City roads take me home

To the place I belong
Eastern Brisbane woolloongabba

City roads take me home

My granddaughter (not the slightest bit interested in footy) has just sent me a txt and all it had was a large cup trophy:trophy:

...hope she's right.

In the meantime I'm keeping myself busy doing some packing. Have got most done but it's all those little things that can't really be done until near moving day..

Hey everyone, is it possible to get from the upper tiers to the ground level to see the players post match? I'm in the second tier but my son wants to be on the fence if he can when the players do their lap of honour. Just want to know whether it's fairly simple to get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

21vlxfl5darb1.jpg

Hey everyone, is it possible to get from the upper tiers to the ground level to see the players post match? I'm in the second tier but my son wants to be on the fence if he can when the players do their lap of honour. Just want to know whether it's fairly simple to get there.
Should be pretty easy to do. We did it 20 years ago, security aren't checking tickets at that stage.

2001: North Melbourne, Brisbane, and West Coast had the first 3 rising star nominations for the year.

2023: North Melbourne, Brisbane, and West Coast had the first 3 rising star nominations for the year.

Really? that is all unreal! It's up to us then to complete the story.

p.s it's very windy here in the s.e. suburbs. Could make it a bit tricky kicking for goal

Have gotten to Melbourne, in the pub near fed square.. amazing seeing all the blue and maroon around. Makes me very proud to be a lions member. Go Lions!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, well you could in 01 and 02. Was at 04 but didn’t bother trying. But haven’t been to a Grandee since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back