Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfield were flogged all dn madeay. Was Neale's shoulder right?... not sure. If he was crook, he shouldn't have played..or sub should have been made earlier.

Zorko is an interesting one - he still gets the ball, especially when we desperately need it most, but he's like Rich last year - trying kicks he just can't nail any more.

If he could play it safer I'll keep him in our best 22, because it's his possessions that are the big win. But I'm not sure he's got the mindset to do that.
He was ok today, but you’d have to think that it’s time to say goodbye - he’s not Pendlebury or Sidebottom

2021: lost semi
2022: won semi, lost prelim
2023: won prelim, lost gf
2024: ........
Past performance is not a reliable predictor of future performance. You should know this.

Zorko needs to go.

Need to find upgrades on Berry and Hipwood.
You're not going to find an upgrade on Hipwood. A Daniher situation is lightning in a bottle, and that type of calibre doesn't waltz around unless their previous club ****s it up or you give them $1m+.

He was ok today, but you’d have to think that it’s time to say goodbye - he’s not Pendlebury or Sidebottom
Zorko isn't going to give it away willingly, he's always fought for everything - it's why he's played 250 games as a very late starter on a shit team. And I think we're better with him on the list next year, we're not going to find a ready made replacement anywhere.

Congrats to the Pies. We just couldn't win the ball today and we just don't have a plan B in the coaches box.
The guys fought to the end and that's all you can ask for.

Not sure it affected the result really but man the umps were inconsistent all day about what was ducking and what was legit high contact. Felt like a coin toss every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko isn't going to give it away willingly, he's always fought for everything - it's why he's played 250 games as a very late starter on a s**t team. And I think we're better with him on the list next year, we're not going to find a ready made replacement anywhere.
We need to be ruthless - it’s what we lack

Zorko is an interesting one - he still gets the ball, especially when we desperately need it most, but he's like Rich last year - trying kicks he just can't nail any more.

If he could play it safer I'll keep him in our best 22, because it's his possessions that are the big win. But I'm not sure he's got the mindset to do that.

Plus he’s a liability in contested situations or if he has to move with any pace

You're not going to find an upgrade on Hipwood. A Daniher situation is lightning in a bottle, and that type of calibre doesn't waltz around unless their previous club *s it up or you give them $1m+.

No one better so we just settle? Maybe he's just not up to being an AFL footballer, and that's okay. I just hope the club moves on him sooner rather than later.

Not sure it affected the result really but man the umps were inconsistent all day about what was ducking and what was legit high contact. Felt like a coin toss every time.
Pretty sure Nick Daicos spent the entire game on his knees playing for free kicks.

Can raynor is not a big game player. He is good, and best 22 worthy but Dom fay is right - Bailey is a superstar.

Is that you Danster?

Cam was pretty good in the finals up until today. Onwards & upwards Gadzorks this club still has a lot of growth. We had overacheived up until this year IMO. Today stung, should have been better.

No one better so we just settle? Maybe he's just not up to being an AFL footballer, and that's okay. I just hope the club moves on him sooner rather than later.
I have no doubt the club is pursuing everyone available. We've shown we're willing to do big deals time and again. I just think you're setting yourself to be disappointed when nothing happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back