Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well played guys great season Jarrod Berry what the F*** was he thinking anyway you guys were magnificent

The boys will hurt. Hopefully we can go again next year.
Recent history says one of the Grand Finalists will miss the right next year; it won’t be Collingwood.

I’m heartbroken.

Surely Zorks is done; time to move past him.

The list also needs a shake up if we’re to go again.

Devastated, but we'll be back.

That last 50 from Jarrod berry ended it for us. Not even upset - just feeling empty.

I really hope our side learns from that and I think they will. I also really hope we get Doedee and Coffield, Lester really got found out sadly. They owned the big moments and we didn't. The umps definitely helped them more than us but that isn't why we lost. I feel like we got exposed in some key areas but they are fixable.

I feel for Berry, Hipwood and Rayner, that will really sting, especially the first two as they probably played their worst ever games today.

I'm not too disappointed, we were outplayed most of the game and still almost won it. It'll sting the boys and I am sure they will bounce back next year and if we do get Doedee, having him and Washcroft for the run home will be fantastic.

Lack of midfield depth IMO
We've always seemed to have played at least 1 mid too few and too many flankers or small forwards. But even when we have a mid like Dev in the team we don't roll through the middle enough. Too much of a load on too few

I really hope our side learns from that and I think they will. I also really hope we get Doedee and Coffield, Lester really got found out sadly. They owned the big moments and we didn't. The umps definitely helped them more than us but that isn't why we lost. I feel like we got exposed in some key areas but they are fixable.

I feel for Berry, Hipwood and Rayner, that will really sting, especially the first two as they probably played their worst ever games today.

I'm not too disappointed, we were outplayed most of the game and still almost won it. It'll sting the boys and I am sure they will bounce back next year and if we do get Doedee, having him and Washcroft for the run home will be fantastic.
Berry got a few petrol tickets for that Semi Final job on Oliver but, unfortunately, he has been spluttering for a while.

Starc no longer guaranteed as a starting back pocket either. Some questionable moves by him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, so close...but a close game vs Collingwood it feels like it could be 50 points difference. Brissie just didn't their chances, but a few were epic. Better luck next year lads.

I didn't think Froggy was too bad. Whenever he had a matchup on Hill what would you expect the way they were able to bring it in.

Froggy tried his best to give us some run when those you'd be hoping would do it couldn't.

Recent history says one of the Grand Finalists will miss the right next year; it won’t be Collingwood.

I’m heartbroken.

Surely Zorks is done; time to move past him.

The list also needs a shake up if we’re to go again.
Don't think so. Fought them to the last. Our list profile is in real good shape.

We've got every chance of another crack next year with Will back and then adding in Levi after that.

Better team won. But very proud of the effort and some magic moments along the way. Our supporters were unreal at the game. Hopefully this kicks us on for another tilt next year
This week was awesome even if it didn't win as I wanted but go lions. So proud

Sent from my moto g51 5G using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back