Preview Grand Final Sydney v Geelong MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hi there, thanks for reading this, lets face facts most people skim this and you could write any old shit. I put my hand up to do this ages ago , pretty much so it looked liked I knew we would make it all along. Now as I start and realise I have to do a decent job I am facing the reality that it was a bad idea. I went for a respectful title , but what do you do, a proper analysis, well anyone can do that, heck David King gets paid for that shit. I could just bag the shit out of Geelong and say their captain is a ducker, Dangerfield is a w***er, Hawkins is a poonce, call them dads army, say they are overrated, say they are handbaggers, but nah too classy for that. To be honest I also genuinely respect the Cats.

They have set a high standard for almost 2 decades now on and off the field and are a quality club, so if we win this it will be a sweet victory to take down a wonderful side.

Remember the dude who did the cool swans drawings, maybe I could copy that preview.

Here is a picture of Gary Rohans grand final highlights

Ok how about a picture of Chad Warner streaming from a pack

3C8005B8-D10E-4E51-85F9-41E9C10E8711.jpeg

Maybe we could talk about Stevic and co after our last grand final we need to be aware of them, Know some don't like umpire chat, but c'mon 2016 was a joke, we don't need a repeat of that, maybe we send Ryan Clarke to him?

295E397F-0AEF-4D8B-8575-81C6369B7BF1.png

Rather than go over stats and other crap lets just talk about why we will win, go over some key reasons

Reason 1- We have Ryan Clarke

Yep and he is a lucky charm, last time he played in a loss (not as the sub) was September 20 2020, thats over 2 years ago by the time game starts. He is like having a four leaf clover, rabbits foot,and whatever else is consider lucky rolled into one. He has also become not just a great run with player, but improved his disposal and shows fantastic leadership around the ground. As Horse said the players clearly love playing with him. I for one never doubted him.....

40E82780-D197-48AB-9544-9417277A6053.png

Reason 2- We like the MCG these days

Ok we don't get to play there that often, but we look bloody good when we do. I guess our coach remembers to tell us the ground is a different size unlike some other teams coaches. Sure we lost to Essendon there, but if you insert a pencil up your nose far enough and erase that game from your memory, then we have won twice against last years premiers there this year. I think the open space suits us.

Reason 3- Buddy wants to go out on a high---- maybe I am setting a punchline up for his critics, but this his last game of a 9 year deal, remember Dermott said buddy would be done in 5 years max, well he made and he still kicked 50 goals this year. Can he take us out with a bang not just for him but also to put the cherry on top for the deal

So yeah I have nothing sorry. If a cat fans wants serious analysis sorry, like I said respect your side a lot, but to be honest I would rather watch paint dry than watch Geelong play usually, or I will just go feed the ducks instead of watching Selwood (yeah milking that one ,hey like he milks frees...still got it) I just have some crappy pics and some shitty rants.

So will we win, well who actually ****en knows, I am not sure how many goals will be added via bigfooty debate, but I am sure we can give it a red hot go as we all study adductor injuries and recovery time.

I will say this, we are a club that is built on blood , sweat and tears and you can say whatever you want about this team but they are basically in every game no matter what, no matter the odds. Probably never the best in the comp, never the worst, but on our day we can do anything, because we always have a chance with this current generation over the last few decades. Critcis crap on about ground size, academies, handouts we dont get, cola we no longer have, they say all sorts of shit and while they say it we just win.

This week we will hear more about Collingwood being brave than us winning, more about the cats being great than us even being there, but come saturday will you be surprised when we have the cup? nah you bloody wont, because this side has guts, class and something special. Everyone else and all the experts can write us off, but we will fight, and never give in.

It will be tight and an epic contest so I will be conservative

Swans by 78

Norm Smith Chris Judd or Chad Warner

Go swans

oh and we arent dropping McDonald, he will kick 4
sorry the preview suxs if i get motivated will add something decent

Last edited:
Play anything like q1 and 2 , pressure and ball use will be far to much for them.

They don’t have speed from congestion or the HB so we don’t have to worry about spread.

Bombing to there tall back half and Stewart especially is what will loose us this one and Stewart will win the norm.

Worry is for the 2 goals only and come to a stop in the 2nd half and McDonald

Ok we don't get to play there that often, but we look bloody good when we do. I guess our coach remembers to tell us the ground is a different size unlike some other teams coaches
Pure gold!:laughv1::laughv1:

Well Hi there, thanks for reading this, lets face facts most people skim this and you could write any old s**t. I put my hand up to do this ages ago , pretty much so it looked liked I knew we would make it all along. Now as I start and realise I have to do a decent job I am facing the reality that it was a bad idea. I went for a respectful title , but what do you do, a proper analysis, well anyone can do that, heck David King gets paid for that s**t. I could just bag the s**t out of Geelong and say their captain is a ducker, Dangerfield is a w***er, Hawkins is a poonce, call them dads army, say they are overrated, say they are handbaggers, but nah too classy for that. To be honest I also genuinely respect the Cats.

They have set a high standard for almost 2 decades now on and off the field and are a quality club, so if we win this it will be a sweet victory to take down a wonderful side.

Remember the dude who did the cool swans drawings, maybe I could copy that preview.

Here is a picture of Gary Rohans grand final highlights

Ok how about a picture of Chad Warner streaming from a pack

View attachment 1511860

Maybe we could talk about Stevic and co after our last grand final we need to be aware of them, Know some don't like umpire chat, but c'mon 2016 was a joke, we don't need a repeat of that, maybe we send Ryan Clarke to him?

View attachment 1511862

Rather than go over stats and other crap lets just talk about why we will win, go over some key reasons

Yep and he is a lucky charm, last time he played in a loss (not as the sub) was September 20 2020, thats over 2 years ago by the time game starts. He is like having a four leaf clover, rabbits foot,and whatever else is consider lucky rolled into one. He has also become not just a great run with player, but improved his disposal and shows fantastic leadership around the ground. As Horse said the players clearly love playing with him. I for one never doubted him.....

View attachment 1511867

Reason 2- We like the MCG these days

Ok we don't get to play there that often, but we look bloody good when we do. I guess our coach remembers to tell us the ground is a different size unlike some other teams coaches. Sure we lost to Essendon there, but if you insert a pencil up your nose far enough and erase that game from your memory, then we have won twice against last years premiers there this year. I think the open space suits us.

Reason 3- Buddy wants to go out on a high---- maybe I am setting a punchline up for his critics, but this his last game of a 9 year deal, remember Dermott said buddy would be done in 5 years max, well he made and he still kicked 50 goals this year. Can he take us out with a bang not just for him but also to put the cherry on top for the deal

So yeah I have nothing sorry. If a cat fans wants serious analysis sorry, like I said respect your side a lot, but to be honest I would rather watch paint dry than watch Geelong play usually, or I will just go feed the ducks instead of watching Selwood (yeah milking that one ,hey like he milks frees...still got it) I just have some crappy pics and some shitty rants.

So will we win, well who actually *en knows, I am not sure how many goals will be added via bigfooty debate, but I am sure we can give it a red hot go as we all study adductor injuries and recovery time.

I will say this, we are a club that is built on blood , sweat and tears and you can say whatever you want about this team but they are basically in every game no matter what, no matter the odds. Probably never the best in the comp, never the worst, but on our day we can do anything, because we always have a chance with this current generation over the last few decades. Critcis crap on about ground size, academies, handouts we dont get, cola we no longer have, they say all sorts of s**t and while they say it we just win.

This week we will hear more about Collingwood being brave than us winning, more about the cats being great than us even being there, but come saturday will you be surprised when we have the cup? nah you bloody wont, because this side has guts, class and something special. Everyone else and all the experts can write us off, but we will fight, and never give in.

It will be tight and an epic contest so I will be conservative

Swans by 78

Norm Smith Chris Judd or Chad Warner

Go swans

oh and we arent dropping McDonald, he will kick 4
sorry the preview suxs if i get motivated will add something decent
Preview certainly doesn't suck HRH, it was magic and had me laughing out loud!
The drawings and photo shops amazing ❤️

Swans by Parker - who will also win the Normie.

Would they drop Clarke for a tall to make geelongs backline Talls accountable?
Your joking here Punts surely?
Have you forgotten so soon.....

Your joking here Punts surely?
Have you forgotten so soon.....

Was just asking a question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans too fast and too many options to goal for Geelong to shut down.
We wont shut down for a quarter like we did against collingwood
This team have proven they will get up for any and every big occasion. The intensity will be there, I'm sure of it. Only thing that could hurt us is just panicking a bit with the pressure and occasion, not doing smart things that lead to leaking easy goals. And even then you'd expect they'd all settle into the game as it goes on. I'm reasonably confident but the boys believing they can win and going out and doing it are two different things.

This team have proven they will get up for any and every big occasion. The intensity will be there, I'm sure of it. Only thing that could hurt us is just panicking a bit with the pressure and occasion, not doing smart things that lead to leaking easy goals. And even then you'd expect they'd all settle into the game as it goes on. I'm reasonably confident but the boys believing they can win and going out and doing it are two different things.
My biggest concern is getting beaten up. The Cats WILL do everything they can to intimidate us.

He was the best winger in the comp , especially with his height

He definitely makes us better , might also jmac to do more to

But not gonna get into that

Just think he is an idiot

You reckon if we had Dawson we'd make it to a GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back