Grand Final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi HawkXNtric - noticed nobody has replied to you yet, probably given most people on this board havent been to a GF lately (no dissing when I say that). I had seats for the 01 GF and stood for the 02 & 03 GF and I would actually stand over sitting any time - especially if you enjoy the banter that goes on with opposition supporters.

From what I recall most of the area we were in (M6) was made up of Brisbane supporters - so it may be the case this year in that you will have most of your own supporters around you - which if you are vertically challenged may work in your favour (ie more likely to let you move to get a decent view). However in saying that, you definately do not want to leave it too late getting there - we got there about 12:30pm both years and were worse than half way back, which didnt cause us too many problems as we are both a tad over 6ft so could still see.

Overall, if you are like me and like giving to opposition supporters, which is more difficult to do in seating as far as I am concerned, standing room is the way to go.

Good luck on the weekend Hawkers.

Thanks for that, FFB1. I won't be able to get there until about 12.30 but hopefully it should be mainly Hawks fans in that section, so I'll just have to hope that they are either: (a) more vertically-challenged than me, or (b) spend a lot of time going to the bar, thus relinquishing their spot near the front. Failing that, I'll just spend a time going to the bar! Looking forward to it anyway. Cheers :D

Hi Guys,

I know it's late but my mates after two tickets, if you have any if you are selling please PM me. He is a mad keen Hawks supporter driving from Adelaide with no tickets if anyone can help him out it would be huge.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Can anyone confirm how standing room works, i know you get allocated a specific bay area, but when you get there do they have people that check your ticket inside or give you a wristband so you can go in and out of your bay....

or is it free for all, where once you are in you can go and stand in other areas. first in best dressed policy....

the reason im asking is there is four of us going but we are in different standing bays...

sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers - GO HAWKS

stick Re: Grand Final tickets

Quote:
stick Re: Grand Final tickets

I may have a ticket to sell - will know more in about an hour. PM me if interested

I'm still waiting to hear, apologies for the delay. As soon as I know I will post an update.

Apologies if i got peoples hopes up. The ticket has not come through as I thought it would.

Sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, sorry for the repeat posts over the past few days, I am still trying to find a swap for my M8 standing room ticket for a seat anywhere, will cover any extra costs required.

PM me

cheers

RR

Heyy a friend of a friend of mine may be selling me his ticket to the GF... its in the AFL members area... section Q19.... will i need a AFL membership to get in?? or will it be cool??

Heyy a friend of a friend of mine may be selling me his ticket to the GF... its in the AFL members area... section Q19.... will i need a AFL membership to get in?? or will it be cool??

They do have people on the gates dressed in suits with clipboards randomly checking cards. There are generally gates to the side of the main entrance where their isn't anyone checking though. This was the case for the last two years.

From my previous experience, you only need to swipe your ticket i.e. don't need a membership card. I don't know if things have changed this year.

Hey guys,

Can anyone confirm how standing room works, i know you get allocated a specific bay area, but when you get there do they have people that check your ticket inside or give you a wristband so you can go in and out of your bay....

or is it free for all, where once you are in you can go and stand in other areas. first in best dressed policy....

the reason im asking is there is four of us going but we are in different standing bays...

sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers - GO HAWKS
You can stand anywhere you want once you are inside the ground. The section is printed on the ticket in an attempt to get people to spread around.

Only possible restriction is if they force people to enter through the gate number on their ticket. If they make you enter at the Ponsford gate and your friends enter at other gates then you may not be able to get to the other end of the ground due to the AFL and MCC members being in the way. I have never had a problem entering through other gates, but then I again for Grand Finals I have always used the correct gate.

You can stand anywhere you want once you are inside the ground. The section is printed on the ticket in an attempt to get people to spread around.

Only possible restriction is if they force people to enter through the gate number on their ticket. If they make you enter at the Ponsford gate and your friends enter at other gates then you may not be able to get to the other end of the ground due to the AFL and MCC members being in the way. I have never had a problem entering through other gates, but then I again for Grand Finals I have always used the correct gate.

Thanks mate, I thought that might be the case... am going to get there early around 12 to get a good spot in standing area

getting very nervous at the moment... i need a drink

GO THE HAWKS!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back