Injury Gregson - 4th navicular surgery- Jul 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. No interpreting statistics to make predictions about the future does not imply lucky guess.
What were you predicting and what was your aim in doing so?
What were you insinuating about the GFC regarding their management of our injured players?
You are reacting as if the club deciding CG needs surgery justifies your earlier derisive remarks.
As has been suggested, the clubs make the decision to operate when it is prudent- Geelong is no different to all 17 clubs.

It's a worry but given how bad McCarthy's foot injuries were and how good a comeback year he had this year I still think Gregson will be a good player for us long term, he is very talented.

In the early part of the year though with Caddy gone and Gregson unavailable (both were good pressure players) there is a real role there for Cockatoo, he should be aiming to play close to every game this year.
Agree, ditto LANG.

I'm taking the piss am I? I think some of you blokes have become that paranoid that you're starting to hear voices inside your head.
That's what endless pages of UNFOUNDED RETROSPECTIVE SNIDE comments about GFC /Injury management etc,etc.on many threads can do to people.

That's what endless pages of UNFOUNDED RETROSPECTIVE SNIDE comments about GFC /Injury management etc,etc.on many threads can do to people.

VD, it's not snide nor unreasonable to be frustrated when a senior official explicitly states there will be no surgery, and then 8 days later there is. With now further complications and a further delay. You'd like to think there was a consistent message through the club.

VD, it's not snide nor unreasonable to be frustrated when a senior official explicitly states there will be no surgery, and then 8 days later there is. With now further complications and a further delay. You'd like to think there was a consistent message through the club.

If theclub says nothing they are hiding something. If the club changed the diagnosis they are incompetent. If they leave it alone and push him back out there they are negligent.

Perhaps they should just shoot him.
I luv the desire for absolutes in medical diagnosis and recovery that just will never be granted

Go Catters

If theclub says nothing they are hiding something. If the club changed the diagnosis they are incompetent. If they leave it alone and push him back out there they are negligent.

Perhaps they should just shoot him.
I luv the desire for absolutes in medical diagnosis and recovery that just will never be granted

I'm actually arguing for the opposite. How about saying they're unsure of the diagnosis until further examinations are done? What's wrong with that?

I'm actually arguing for the opposite. How about saying they're unsure of the diagnosis until further examinations are done? What's wrong with that?
Then I missed your point.

I read it as criticism of the adjustment of diagnosis.

I was wrong.

And yes, If unsure, then dont put a moniker on it - although Im pretty sure that has drawn ire from posters before but id rather an indefinite or longer prediction.

As I referenced, its not an exact science and every injury is handled by each body in a different fashion.

Again, I was wrong on your post.

GO Catters

Agree, ditto LANG.

I like Lang too I just think with his extra speed and forward pressure Cockatoo is exactly what we need to fix our faltering forward line. Apart from us finding a decent stopgap CHF I think either Motlop or Cockatoo needs to have a big year for us to win the flag in 2017.

You know, I hope, this was not directed at you or even this thread necessarily, but at least the past 12months, and longer, I have read countless UNFOUNDED DERISION of our club's medical management. That covers High Performance, Physios, Docs, & Surgeons involved. I am certainly not paranoid, and have ZERO involvement with anything Geelong, other than eternal support, but some things that get printed here are reckless.

The KRock article from Jan 13th, posted on page 3 of this thread, quoted Hocking explicitly saying that they would decide over the following 2 weeks whether he needed surgery, depending on how his foot responded to de-loading.

The KRock article from Jan 13th, posted on page 3 of this thread, quoted Hocking explicitly saying that they would decide over the following 2 weeks whether he needed surgery, depending on how his foot responded to de-loading.

Yep. And the article from the 21st July last year had Hocking explicitly saying there was no requirement for surgery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has been done countless times, and then they are castigated for "telling us nothing."
The case example here of Gregson is a classic- it represents the vagaries of the human condition, that very little is black and white, and that trying to divulge to the public the nature of bone/tendon etc stress injuries is often a no- win situation.
They have informed us with ALL the relevant information of the time.

Interesting to see how much condition he has put on....looks much stronger now than last time I saw him.

It may be an optical illusion but Gregsons arms look bigger than Tom Lonergan's

I didn't want to be mean, but that hair....

I am the last one to criticize someone about their hair, but Corey needs to do something about that fringe that he constantly has to push aside to give himself clear eyesight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back