50 Max Gawn MELB
49 Patrick Cripps CARL
48 Errol Gulden SYD
46 Sam Walsh CARL
45 Noah Anderson GCFC
45 Jordan Dawson ADEL
45 Matt Rowell GCFC
Scott on the left I reckon.

I must admit that when Stengle kicked 'that' goal I thought "Oh no, it's going to be one of those nights..."

Having an outstanding year wouldn’t be against him being one of the smalls in the AA side. Bloke is a jet

Scott on the left I reckon.

chris scott comes across as a particularly sore loser, and generally a sour sort of chap ... any credit he gives teams/players who've just beaten him is through gritted teeth ... his comments about grundy are an example
he's a better coach than his brother, who i am convinced will cost essendon a finals berth again this season, or at least a top four spot ... but i can't stand either of them

Why, as a norf supporting flog, do you give af?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty tough words there keyboard warrior DeathlyAccurate . I live in Sydney, watch virtually every match and made an observation on a player in your side.

If your ego feels better to chip me and name call like you have on this board, I think it’s says plenty about your personality. You are the polar opposite of my many Swans friends, who incidentally agree with my thoughts on how McDonald is playing 4 years into his career.

Pretty tough words there keyboard warrior DeathlyAccurate . I live in Sydney, watch virtually every match and made an observation on a player in your side.

If your ego feels better to chip me and name call like you have on this board, I think it’s says plenty about your personality. You are the polar opposite of my many Swans friends, who incidentally agree with my thoughts on how McDonald is playing 4 years into his career.
Interesting comparison at the same age - and I think Larkey is an absolute GUN.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 155533.png

By the way I found that part in the 2nd quarter where Horse said the crowd was getting up and and about but he looked at the scoreboard and we still a fair bit behind.

Heeney's goal we've now kicked 4 and we're still down 29-41 but you can feel the energy of the crowd and then after his next one the Sydney chant went up.
Should be more of it to be part of that chant in 96 was unbelievable

It’s been a while since we’ve had to re-open the Bear & Bandicoot for business.

Interesting comparison at the same age - and I think Larkey is an absolute GUN.

View attachment 2016952
Yep we struck some luck there at pick #73 and if McDonald can get up to his output from last year, Swans fans will be ****-a-hoop. The 2020 Covid year probably not the best year to compare with reduced game time (20%) and the magic of the Rhys Shaw sugar hit well and truly gone. But point taken and thanks for the banter 😎

Yep we struck some luck there at pick #73 and if McDonald can get up to his output from last year, Swans fans will be ****-a-hoop. The 2020 Covid year probably not the best year to compare with reduced game time (20%) and the magic of the Rhys Shaw sugar hit well and truly gone. But point taken and thanks for the banter 😎
I forgot about the 2020 year - good point. Man, I would give my left one to have Larkey as our FF. If our pick 4 becomes as good as your pick 73 then we will feel like winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaches votes:

Sydney v Geelong​

9 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
8 Errol Gulden (SYD)
7 Chad Warner (SYD)
3 Tom Papley (SYD)
2 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
1 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)

5-4
3-5
4-3
2-1
0-2
1-0

Total
80 Isaac Heeney SYD
67 Nick Daicos COLL
59 Caleb Serong FRE
55 Chad Warner SYD
53 Marcus Bontempelli WB
51 Zach Merrett ESS
50 Max Gawn MELB
49 Patrick Cripps CARL
48 Errol Gulden SYD
46 Sam Walsh CARL
45 Noah Anderson GCFC
45 Jordan Dawson ADEL
45 Matt Rowell GCFC

0​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
Total
ByeBye
Isaac Heeney
9​
10​
9​
4​
9​
6​
7​
1​
8​
8​
9​
80​
Chad Warner
2​
5​
1​
5​
10​
5​
10​
10​
7​
55​
Errol Gulden
5​
6​
9​
2​
5​
6​
1​
6​
8​
48​
Brodie Grundy
9​
9​
6​
2​
26​
Nick Blakey
5​
9​
5​
19​
Oliver Florent
2​
5​
8​
15​
Tom Papley
7​
3​
10​
James Rowbottom
5​
4​
9​
Dane Rampe
7​
7​
Will Hayward
5​
5​
James Jordon
3​
1​
4​
Justin McInerney
1​
1​
Logan McDonald
1​
1​

0​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
Total
ByeBye
Isaac Heeney
9​
10​
9​
4​
9​
6​
7​
1​
8​
8​
9​
80​
Chad Warner
2​
5​
1​
5​
10​
5​
10​
10​
7​
55​
Errol Gulden
5​
6​
9​
2​
5​
6​
1​
6​
8​
48​
Brodie Grundy
9​
9​
6​
2​
26​
Nick Blakey
5​
9​
5​
19​
Oliver Florent
2​
5​
8​
15​
Tom Papley
7​
3​
10​
James Rowbottom
5​
4​
9​
Dane Rampe
7​
7​
Will Hayward
5​
5​
James Jordon
3​
1​
4​
Justin McInerney
1​
1​
Logan McDonald
1​
1​
Crazy to think that Heeney is not only leading the comp, but has only had 1, 10 vote game. And Warner has had 3

A few other observations I had:

1. Blakey starting on the wing and spending large portions of the first and second term there. Makes me wonder if he went into the game carrying something so we wanted to maybe manage him a little bit in-game. We know he was subbed off eventually as well.

2. For all the talk about our star mids getting us back into the game, I actually think we were already back into the game by the time they started firing. It was a handful of fierce tackles that won us HTB calls (which were ironically ignored in the first quarter) that led to the Amartey & Hayward goals in quick succession. That's when the game opened up and our mids started to go bonkers.

3. Roberts to me looked a little slow. And not in a laconic, casual sort of way, but actually slow. Rigid in his movements and even just getting up off the turf seemed to take him a while. Maybe there was more to his "managed" break than we knew.
I have a recollection of a Cats player just gliding past Roberts like he was standing still and him giving up very quickly on the chase. I hope he's carrying an injury for his sake because it was not a good look.

chris scott comes across as a particularly sore loser, and generally a sour sort of chap ... any credit he gives teams/players who've just beaten him is through gritted teeth ... his comments about grundy are an example
he's a better coach than his brother, who i am convinced will cost essendon a finals berth again this season, or at least a top four spot ... but i can't stand either of them
I thought he had it right, except I would have given a point to Stengle, not Cameron.

Coaches votes:

Sydney v Geelong​

9 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
8 Errol Gulden (SYD)
7 Chad Warner (SYD)
3 Tom Papley (SYD)
2 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
1 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)

5-4
3-5
4-3
2-1