Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Do you where a guernsey to AFL games?

• Yes

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't wear a guernsey if you're over the age of 25, Don't go to a game by yourself even if it's the grand final...

... How about I'll wear whatever I want and I'll go wherever I want and if you don't like it get ****ed.

Last edited:

Maybe the thread title should be changed to grown men who are worried about picking up women who aren't into footy don't like wearing their clubs Guernsey in case they maybe might talk to someone after the game at a bar and get rejected making them sad

What happened to the key ring?
Ahhh, interesting story. You see when I finished high school I stopped wearing a bag really. And I found out that said keyring was too big for the pocket. And believe when changing key rings around it was thrown out by somebody else accidentally. Sad days indeed.

Ahhh, interesting story. You see when I finished high school I stopped wearing a bag really. And I found out that said keyring was too big for the pocket. And believe when changing key rings around it was thrown out by somebody else accidentally. Sad days indeed.

That's a story alright. Just not an interesting one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "first 18" keyrings are the best.

I don't do it myself, I wear a polo, and a jacket when it's cold. But I don't see why it's a problem, or sad.

I have worn a Hawthorn jacket all winter.

I have different polo shirts from a few years that get worn at least once a week (and not always during football weekend).

Shoot me for wearing rugby league and union tops.
Shoot me for wearing cricket tops (from other countries)

Love wearing the Hawthorn guernsey when i do which is rare as i said the last time in public was the gf last year.

So, what happens if you go out afterwards and have some interest in attracting a lady friend?

I don't think someone of the fairer sex would find a grown man wearing a guernsey particularly alluring (Unless of course they are actually on a football field)...
Take off guernsey. Take off shirt. Put on guernsey. Put on shirt.

CO9DgBhWwAASaVN.jpg

ca76a4141c85850bc74f4ecda891578d.jpg

CP1gomWUwAA33uH.png

CPRm8hwW8AAQZZJ.jpg

Funny how in the U.S you are almost the odd one out if you are not at the game in a jersey or team T.Shirt or something similar.

Australian society has turned into a such a "too cool for school", PC correct, nanny state these days. Its a real shame to be honest

I personally don't wear a jumper to games, but it really irks me the condescending tone of those in the media (i.e MMM's call team), to those who do wear team gear. This then filters down to the fans and as such we have these discussions. To be honest if it wasn't viewed so negatively by others i may consider wearing it, and i'm sure a lot of others would too.

If you want to see what i'm talking about, check out a major league baseball or NFL game and just look at the crowd. Such a difference in apparel to our crowds.
I've never picked up on this before. What sort of comments do they make? I sometimes wear mine to games depending on weather/if I can be bothered.
I honestly didn't even know there was some sort of stigma around it. I'm still in my 20s, but I don't think twice if I see an older person wearing one to a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grown men wearing guernseys to games

Back