Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently his Gf is putting the hard word on. She lives in melb.
I don't think he will go though. The local pussy would b all over gunna :) if he requests a trade flat out refuse and tell him its US or port in the preseason draft mate

Apparently his Gf is putting the hard word on. She lives in melb.
I don't think he will go though. The local pussy would b all over gunna :) if he requests a trade flat out refuse and tell him its US or port in the preseason draft mate

FFS his GF is putting the hard word on him what is she 19 years old :eek:

Memo to Gunna, this is about you not her, reality is you will have many more before you settle down, ditch her and be a GUN off-field as well :thumbsu:

Phil Harper said only yesterday on 5AA that talks with the managers of both Talia and Gunston were under way and well advanced.

He went on to say that he was confident of both signing with us and that there should be an announcement to that effect in the very near future.

Unless there's been a breakdown in the talks with Gunston in the last 24 hours, Andrew Jarman's rumour doesn't appear to have substance.

Ah macca the voice of reason :thumbsu:

this Home Sickness excuse is nothing more than a cop-out :thumbsdown:

I am done worrying about this shite, 95% of time it turns out to be pure media speculation and simply untrue

I'm a fan of Gunna however "If True" don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out........ and with his late purple patch in form the club will demand a quality player in return who wants to be at the club

I have no time for any player that does not want to be at the club

I have to admit home-sickness at this level is a bit of a cop-out. Adelaide to Melbourne is a 30min flight!!

I had to move to WA to pursue my career....thats life, and my career does not have the fame nor fortune of an AFL footballer!!! I can tell you what my bosses would be saying if I had told them I wanted to move back home because I was home-sick!!!

players who claim homesickness is not much more than a symptom of how young and naive the AFL is compared to most national sporting leagues around the world.

no one gets forced to nominate for a national draft.

Homesickness.... pppffft.

What are these guys - 10 years old?

It's use as an excuse - nothing more.

If he wants to go - go ......I hope he wants to stay but if it's a girlfriend issue ..FFS ....nice girlfriend eh?

FFS, can we get an embargo on former AFL players getting gigs on radio and TV and then just making shit up so they've got something to talk about?

Rhett Biglands, Dale Lewis, Andrew Jarman, Warren "Phone Home" Tredrea ... I'm looking at you.

Also, anyone who gets in the media and uses the phrase 'my mail says' should be taken out the back and shot.

That should comfortably take care of Stephen Rowe and Kym Dillon.

I really like the look of this kid. He has got the to0ls to be a really good AFL forward. I was thinking its a pity he's not just abit taller as he could make a gun kpp then I double checked afc.com and it has him listed as 193. Is that right, he doesn't look that tall?

CD - nah, it's wrong. The AFC for some reason stuffed up height measurements this year and every single player mysteriously grew by 2-3cm. He's about 190cm.

FFS, can we get an embargo on former AFL players getting gigs on radio and TV and then just making shit up so they've got something to talk about?

Rhett Biglands, Dale Lewis, Andrew Jarman, Warren "Phone Home" Tredrea ... I'm looking at you.

Also, anyone who gets in the media and uses the phrase 'my mail says' should be taken out the back and shot.

That should comfortably take care of Stephen Rowe and Kym Dillon.

Rowe always follows it up with "there y'are", as though he's trying to invoke the spirit of KG, hahaha. It's like he's embarrassed by his own rumours and is trying to shift the blame :eek:

I really like the look of this kid. He has got the to0ls to be a really good AFL forward. I was thinking its a pity he's not just abit taller as he could make a gun kpp then I double checked afc.com and it has him listed as 193. Is that right, he doesn't look that tall?

Harper was talking about him on 5AA recently and I'm prettty sure that he said Gunston was 192, just under 6'4" tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newton jarman said earlier this year that Craig will be our coach next year!

I don't think we should be too worried.

We'll be able to put a pretty decent contract in front of Gunston. And Talia for that matter.

Unless...

...we over-pay average footballers like Reilly and Symes.

And unless...

...the 'very competitive' contract offer we put in front of Davis actually wasn't all that mind-blowing.

Then we might be in some trouble. But I'm confident this is not the case. We are a professionally run organisation after all.

Rowe always follows it up with "there y'are", as though he's trying to invoke the spirit of KG, hahaha. It's like he's embarrassed by his own rumours and is trying to shift the blame :eek:

Rowe's whole schtick is basically KG but 80 years younger.

Ironic considering 5AA punted Cunningham because they wanted to go in a 'different direction'.

who is his manager?

Also ... are there some managers who play this game more often than others?

That is a much better height for key forwards than 195 cm. There is at least a 50% better chance of success in the 191 - 193 cm group than the 194 - 196 cm group. Sure you get the occasional freak like Franklin and Brown but these are the exception rather than the rule. I'd say he is pretty good just the way he is. Don't want no lumbering oaf. We have enough of them already.

We spent all 2010 worring about Tippett.
We spent all 2011 worrying about Walker.
Will we now spend 2012 worrying about Gunston?

How about we don't.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Please. Sick of all the doom and gloom of how we will always lose our guns and the "Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!" statements.

IIRC,

Didn't kane Johnson go home with 2 premiershis in his bag, plus we were winning a couple of finals in 02 and 03 :eek:

Plus

Tyson stengline went home at around the same time after winning a few finals. I guess that's another myth people like to use to bag player who have home sickness.

What the club needs to do is make Adelaide and the club as welcoming, friendly and inviting as possible so he (or others) don't want to leave as they feel like they have people around them all the time.

Howver, getting home sick happens and it happens in all walks of life. people get home sick, so get over yourselves for suggesting those who do are weak or inferior to those who don't.

If he is really home sick, let him go but we need to receive a far deal in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back