Rumour Gunston requesting trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUle #1 of being a player agent... cry homesick at contract time.

The number of AFL players that grow nappies at contract time beggers belief.

RUle #1 of being a player agent... cry homesick at contract time.

The number of AFL players that grow nappies at contract time beggers belief.

its a joke alexisonfire is the only person i have ever come across that has actually been homesick when you can fly home in an hour. its just crap to get a bigger contract or to go to a club of choice. I dont see ryan griffin or cooney or pavlich getting homesick.

its a joke alexisonfire is the only person i have ever come across that has actually been homesick when you can fly home in an hour. its just crap to get a bigger contract or to go to a club of choice. I dont see ryan griffin or cooney or pavlich getting homesick.

Yeah, and we're the only club that gets screwed over by the umpires, screwed over by the AFL, poor draw, et el.

open your eyes and stop being a jerk. It happens, yoiu just won't admit it.

Can we please close this thread? Or at least clump all these shitty rumours into one big shitty thread?

Funny how the players with no means to get home never get homesickness

Not true – it’s funny how when those one do, as supporters we don’t care.

Did anyone care that Matthew Collins got home sick, Andrew Eccles, Brent Williams, and Jonathon Griffin?

Don’t think so.

so just 2nd rate players get homesick?

Yeah, because that's what I said. :eek:

Of course they get home sick, it's just that fans don't give a shit if they go home. They only care about stars who leave for homesickness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no the point people are making (well me) is that good players in the first 22 don't get "homesick" on a regular basis.

I'd argue that a number of players have used the "homesick" card without basis - Griff clearly was homesick and for good reason

Well I disagree, IMO everyone gets home sick but only a certain percentage ‘act’ on that instinct to go home. Some get more money and stay for that reason, some just battle through, make more friends and stay for that reason and some have their family move over to create that family environment. But everyone gets home sick but finds different ways to dealing with it.

Well I disagree, IMO everyone gets home sick but only a certain percentage ‘act’ on that instinct to go home. Some get more money and stay for that reason, some just battle through, make more friends and stay for that reason and some have their family move over to create that family environment. But everyone gets home sick but finds different ways to dealing with it.

You ever lived away from home.. Homesick is complete and utter rubbish..

I have lived away from home for ages, now old enough and married so no desire to move home (Home town) again ever, my wife is the same, if anyone could be homesick, she would be the one, but no, same as having mates at a footy team, you call homesick because you want to leave a club, no question about it.....
You sure you aren't a Port Supporter too?? Never seen a positive comment ever about the crows of any sort, not just their performances either.. Never seen you ever really agree with another poster on this board with anything and never seen a thread you started not be some sort of controvertial topic...

I think unfortunately most young people, having left Adelaide with a good job, are more than happy to stay away. And those that move to Adelaide are never fully content. Obviously there are exceptions, but for the majority, I'm correct.

Now the issue for the club, is how to overcome this handicap.
How does a city like Green Bay, Wisconsin attract and keep it's footballers?

I understand this is a contentious subject, so don't flame the messenger, just the message.

How does a city like Green Bay, Wisconsin attract and keep it's footballers?

I understand this is a contentious subject, so don't flame the messenger, just the message.

Green Bay attracts and keeps its footballers because they are one of the most storied franchises in US sports.

Its interesting though - how things are changing in the College Football system.... There have been a few articles i have read about how Big Ten (teams like Michigan/Wisconsin/OSU, etc) are struggling to attract the same talent as conferences on the West Coast and South East Coast of the USA, due to lifestyle and weather....

If i was from Melbourne and got drafted to Adelaide, i would want out as well... Why wouldnt you want to move back if the money / culture was similar or better....

I have lived away from home for ages, now old enough and married so no desire to move home (Home town) again ever, my wife is the same, if anyone could be homesick, she would be the one, but no, same as having mates at a footy team, you call homesick because you want to leave a club, no question about it.....
You sure you aren't a Port Supporter too?? Never seen a positive comment ever about the crows of any sort, not just their performances either.. Never seen you ever really agree with another poster on this board with anything and never seen a thread you started not be some sort of controvertial topic...

Totally agree

Homesick is an absolute excuse and cop out

People move around the globe for work or sport however in AFL we keep hearing about these pussy Victorian lads who want to go home, FFS toughen up and me a breah

Totally agree

Homesick is an absolute excuse and cop out

People move around the globe for work or sport however in AFL we keep hearing about these pussy Victorian lads who want to go home, FFS toughen up and me a breah

For Clarity

I was referring to the players "give me a break"

Can anyone explain the difference in 'missing home' and being home sick?

When overseas I often missed home but never felt 'sick' from it.

I assume it has symptoms like moping around at home, not wanting to spend time with others etc?

Let me ask you this, when you were 18 year old - did you move to a very different city, with no network of family, friends, anyone you knew for support and didn't at any stage miss anyone and wished you were at home?

That is home sickness.

I said, a small percentage of them 'act' on home sickness and ask for a trade (like members of society move home) but everyone gets it - anyone with a heart who moves away from home at an early age gets home sickness at some stage - if you don't, your a heartless bastard.

The people who don't 'act' on the instinct to move home, fine a way of surviving and move forward. They make their own family unit by getting married, having kids et el but they still miss home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back