Injury Gunston to miss 2-3 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if Hill plays this week, my mail last week was that he would not play and I think that was the case until Smith had tightness in his calf.

My mail is that all bloody Hawtlhorn players shouldn't be playing AT ALL!! They are all injured or likely to get injured anytime in a game! It is getting well beyond ridiculous...make no mistake, this swings the Freo game straight back their way, the are no smart forwards that can replace Gunston! And with Cyril nowhere to be seen this puts way too much stress on Rough and Breust! Unless Hodge/Burgs/ Lewis/ Simpkin/ Pops all chip in and score goals in the next couple of games, I can't see us being as potent! Freo/Cats are jerking incessantly in a corner of a house somewhere! Can't see us winning the Flag tbh, and that's me being realistic and not pessimistic cuz I always have faith in the team but surely the competition isn't THAT weak to allow a crippling Hawthorn take the cake. It was valiant effort and it all ends now.

My mail is that all bloody Hawtlhorn players shouldn't be playing AT ALL!! They are all injured or likely to get injured anytime in a game! It is getting well beyond ridiculous...make no mistake, this swings the Freo game straight back their way, the are no smart forwards that can replace Gunston! And with Cyril nowhere to be seen this puts way too much stress on Rough and Breust! Unless Hodge/Burgs/ Lewis/ Simpkin/ Pops all chip in and score goals in the next couple of games, I can't see us being as potent! Freo/Cats are jerking incessantly in a corner of a house somewhere! Can't see us winning the Flag tbh, and that's me being realistic and not pessimistic cuz I always have faith in the team but surely the competition isn't THAT weak to allow a crippling Hawthorn take the cake. It was valiant effort and it all ends now.
Cheer up Charlie. Of the players that have actually played a game at AFL level this season the only ones on the injury list that are listed as more than a "test" are Gunston and Rioli.

Gunston has a low grade medial and will be back in 2-3 and Rioli (who has barely played 11 games this season) isn't far off either.

Of all the places on the field we could afford to have an injury it's our forward line and while it's never ideal it's hardly a season killer. Especially when you consider some of the names we were missing in the middle of the season.

Rubbish. Last time we played freo we didn't have hodge, mcevoy, lake, sewell, stratton, litherland and tuned them by 10 goals. Admittedly they also didn't have barlow and fyfe but I feel our team is a lot more settled now and a lot more than theirs. - for instance we've got ceglar in the ruck, our back 6 is really settled and the midfield is at full capacity. Also don't underestimate what clarko will have up his sleeve. Has outfoxed ross lyon on countless occasions. They will already be without mzungu which hurts a team like them a fair bit because they simply don't have the depth that we do. We will beat freo mark my words. The cats game will be a challenge but can probably afford to drop it and still finish top 2. Gunners will be back for finals, hopefully with rioli and for the first time all year we will be ready to deliver with a full team and play that harlem globetrotters style game that, in my opinion, cannot be beaten.

another soldier and all that.

Now stop
your sooking

Rubbish. Last time we played freo we didn't have hodge, mcevoy, lake, sewell, stratton, litherland and tuned them by 10 goals. Admittedly they also didn't have barlow and fyfe but I feel our team is a lot more settled now and a lot more than theirs. - for instance we've got ceglar in the ruck, our back 6 is really settled and the midfield is at full capacity. Also don't underestimate what clarko will have up his sleeve. Has outfoxed ross lyon on countless occasions. They will already be without mzungu which hurts a team like them a fair bit because they simply don't have the depth that we do. We will beat freo mark my words. The cats game will be a challenge but can probably afford to drop it and still finish top 2. Gunners will be back for finals, hopefully with rioli and for the first time all year we will be ready to deliver with a full team and play that harlem globetrotters style game that, in my opinion, cannot be beaten.

....and Lake back to renew acquaintances with Pav. We all know how well that worked for us last time.;)

Mate, surely by now you know how the HFC bullshits its information about injuries etc. I mean last week, Mitch wasnt sick, they just rested him and Smith did not have a calf complaint, just resting him. And when they say Jack is 3 weeks away Its only 2. There is a simple formula. Take the weeks that the HFC think that it will be multiply by 2, then divide that number by 4 and there is your true answer.

The HFC are the biggest bullshit artists when it comes to revealing what is really happening to our players.

All will be good, come that last day in September!

Mate, surely by now you know how the HFC bullshits its information about injuries etc. I mean last week, Mitch wasnt sick, they just rested him and Smith did not have a calf complaint, just resting him. And when they say Jack is 3 weeks away Its only 2. There is a simple formula. Take the weeks that the HFC think that it will be multiply by 2, then divide that number by 4 and there is your true answer.

The HFC are the biggest bullshit artists when it comes to revealing what is really happening to our players.

All will be good, come that last day in September!

Thats not true, Mitchell was ill last week and he was not the only one who was not 100%, Mitchell had just come off 9 weeks rest so he would be the last person they would be resting in any case, Burgoyne and Lewis were more worth of a rest than Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic.gif

Kicking a bag against Melbourne would be a step in the right direction but needs to perform as a forward against quality oppositions otherwise there will be an inflated opinion of his ability as a forward much like there is now as a result of kicking 4 goals against St Kilda.

This is what worries me, he might kick 2-3 and look better against Melbourne then go missing against Freo and Geelong but people will fall back on his performance against Melbourne.
And the most important thing is that your opinion is proven correct...

And the most important thing is that your opinion is proven correct...

No, most important thing is for Schoenmakers to earn his spot in the team through consistent performance, something that has not happened in his career to date, kicking a few goal against St Kilda or Melbourne is hardly earning your spot in the team.

You have guys like Cheney who dominate week in week out for Box Hill and have been more than serviceable when playing seniors yet he cannot get a look in, then you have Schoenmakers who has failed to perform to a consistent level for the most part of his career yet he continually gets games.

Honestly, what a pile of shit...

Right. The freo win is wayyyy more important than the geelong win

I think we'll do alright against Fremantle, still could very well end up losing it... if it happens then kudos to the Dockers. I think how Hawthorn handle traveling to WA will be a factor moreso than Freo's "manic pressureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Gunston is a loss as he does so much for the team, but if the team can lift as a unit then it should be a happy team at Hawthorn when the final siren sounds.
More worried about his goal scoring ability being missed from the team than the other work around the ground he does.

Geelong is another beast altogether, i don't expect Hawthorn will win it.... but i hope they pull out all the stops to beat them during the finals should we encounter them be it QF, PF or GF.

Right. The freo win is wayyyy more important than the geelong win
Absolutely, beat Fremantle and lose to Geelong should mean a Victorian qualifying final. Lose to both and it is most likely off to Sydney in the first week of the finals. Gunston is nearly the worst player for us to lose because he is the hardest to replace. No other player offers the same ability to be a threat close to goal, the difficulty of match up and ability to do good work up the field that Gunston does. Personally I would like to see Simpkin given a role in the forward line. Was very impressed when he played a F50 roll in the first Sydney game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back