GWS 12pm Press conference today - Scully Signed

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't abide these players who don't at least have the decency to inform their clubs of their decision in person. Presumably Scully 'mailed it in' from Sydney rather than man up and walk into the CEO's office and tell them face to face.

Scully is even more of a mercenary than Ablett & Judd. At least they both gave their original clubs a premiership.

Scully may have a long career but he'll never shake the mercenary tag. He'll forever be remembered as the #1 pick who jumped ship for the big bucks.

Very much in two minds over this one.

I've always maintained that Melbourne 'deserved' to lose Scully due to the method in which he was obtained.

However, Scully (and by extension his management) have really handled this transition poorly. He's come out looking like a complete douche.

Ummm he was picked with the pick Melboune was getting redardless...

Roseplay mentioned Scully being upfront at the start of the season.

I'm sure that you will that for legal reasons he wasn't able to do this.
Like I said the deadline passed ages ago..Had ample of time to man up

Just took every one for idiots

Re: GWS 12pm Press conference today

Phil Davis went about it the right way.

Phil Davis was also out for the year though. You reckon Davis would have announced it when he did if he was playing? I wouldnt think so.

Feel sorry for Melbourne fans out of this. I dont really blame Scully. Blame the shit system

I've always maintained that Melbourne 'deserved' to lose Scully due to the method in which he was obtained.

I dont understand this. Pick 1 isnt really the priority pick is it. Its Trengove they recieved by tanking.

Poor form by Scully...he should have told everyone at Melbourne his decision before he went away ..he's only young so you can understand he would be a tad scared ..but his parents should have talked to him about the wrong way and right way of doing things.

I hope Melbourne get decent compo picks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majority of AFL fans think hes a giant douche even if the media dont realise it

Judd left your club to return home ..how anyone could denigrate him for wanting to return to his family and friends ..and leave a club riddled with drug problems is baffling ..but i guess bitterness cuts deep for a lot of eagles fans and haters.

There are countless players that have wanted to return home ...who do not get the idiotic bagging that Judd gets ..i guess when you are a superstar everyone likes to line up to sink the boots in ....if your a crap player ..nobody cares.

Shit news, but then again, who knows. Scully has played a only handful of good games in two years, seems susceptible to injuries, and we'll get adequate compensation for him. Life goes on.

Judd left your club to return home ..how anyone could denigrate him for wanting to return to his family and friends ..and leave a club riddled with drug problems is baffling ..but i guess bitterness cuts deep for a lot of eagles fans and haters.

There are countless players that have wanted to return home ...who do not get the idiotic bagging that Judd gets ..i guess when you are a superstar everyone likes to line up to sink the boots in ....if your a crap player ..nobody cares.
Great player, always has been but superstar?? Super shoveler this season more likely. He gets the job done with grunt and purpose but his days of superstardom have gone - if he ever had them, except in the eyes of his fanboys and the idiotic adoring press.

A bit rich of Melbourne and its fans to start throwing the loyalty card around considering the disgraceful way they treated players such as McDonald, Bruce and Miller.

Karma.

Great player, always has been but superstar?? Super shoveler this season more likely. He gets the job done with grunt and purpose but his days of superstardom have gone - if he ever had them, except in the eyes of his fanboys and the idiotic adoring press.

gee reality has really passed you by ....guess who is favourite for his second Brownlow....oh wait 3rd Brownlow this year ...not to mention another AA nomination (do the medis select the AA squad ..or do former players ?...maybe you know more than former players )?

Idiotic adoring press..are only that when they state opinions that differ from bitter little jealous fanboys . ;)

A bit rich of Melbourne and its fans to start throwing the loyalty card around considering the disgraceful way they treated players such as McDonald, Bruce and Miller.

Karma.

Miller was VFL level player last year and proved that this year
Bruce was offered a 1 year deal and let's face it even that looks generous
McDonald at least Bailey admitted was an error and he got the chop anyway

Scully simply lied all year. Is he managed by Pickering? Seems very Liamish

You are very naive..and guess what you don't get to state what the majority think :rolleyes:

All great players get booed when they touch the ball ..thats the childish mindset of a lot of AFL supporters acting like Sheep .

I have never seen Gary Ablett, Scott Pendlebury or even Wayne Carey booed when they touched the ball. This is a Judd only phenomenon you will find

Miller was VFL level player last year and proved that this year
Bruce was offered a 1 year deal and let's face it even that looks generous
McDonald at least Bailey admitted was an error and he got the chop anyway
Bruce and Miller have been serviceable for their new clubs.
Scully simply lied all year. Is he managed by Pickering? Seems very Liamish

Again, you are being very simplistic.
There would be plenty of legal reasons why he would not be able to come out publicly and state what really happened.

Makes me laugh how the general Joe Bloggs feels he's entitled to know all the details regarding someone else's work contract.

He owes Melbourne nothing and he owes the average nuffie in the outer nothing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS 12pm Press conference today - Scully Signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back