Game Day GWS v Port Round 4 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Not confident at all. We haven't played there for quite a while and our form is almost impossible to read. Our ins are excellent though.
Just feel like the next 2 games will make the difference between a great season or a frustrating one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our defensive structure to apply pressure is up to scratch, if our kicking accuracy has improved along with quick handballs and decision making, then we will win. If not, it will get ugly.

This is the game to see how we are travelling against a side chock full of confidence this year.

I dont want this to be a win that is described as an ugly win cause then we haven't improved, if we win comprehensively then we can go into the Geelong game chock full of confidence.

I am not confident, GWS by 20points

Have tipped GWS in the hope I'm wrong. :D

It's all about how we get the pill into the forwards today, if it's wet it'll be even more critical.
Win with no injuries or reports and I'll be happy.

Main thing I want to see today is clearly defined inside and outside roles in the midfield. Hacked kicks forward are no good; there's no point having a ton of inside 50s if the majority arent using a man in space to deliver it (ideally Polec, Wingard or Pittard). There was improvement last week with this, Toumpas was an option as well but he needs to tidy up/lower the eyes more. I wouldn't mind Neade also spending a fair bit of time in this role (rotating with Chad).

Of course this relies on Ollie, S.Gray and Boak firing up and setting up effective chain clearances. Hopefully Lobbe can break even.

Hard to read this one, it will be a very tough game for sure. The only thing that's making me think we can win is that I'm convinced this group of boys have sworn an oath to never lose to the Giants (or Suns) again, similar to Geelong after losing to Hawthorn in the 2008 GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day GWS v Port Round 4 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back