Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one? (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's being held around the stomach, which is what Staker wwas doing to Hall, how the hell is he supposed to get to the ball, Hall kept breaking loose & when Staker grabbed him he pleaded to the Umps yet nothing, he was frustrated & I can understand why. He shouldn't have punched him, but hey, the Umps weren't doing their job. :mad:

Please don't resort to that other weagle knob, who uses spousal abuse as a comparison, I know you're better than that.

I thought about Big Footy when I was out and saw the Hall incident and said to myself "gee, I hope noone has the audacity to try and downplay or defend Hall's actions tonight"

Your'e doing it, and digging a very deep grave in doing so. Please, just end it.

Weak as piss. Staker wasn't even looking at him. Hall is a boxer, isn't he? Pretty pathetic from him :eek:. Notice he never tried that on Glass and he was doing exactly what Staker was doing throughout the match. Weak, weak, weak.:thumbsdown: Deserves a spell on the sidelines.

If he's being held around the stomach, which is what Staker wwas doing to Hall, how the hell is he supposed to get to the ball, Hall kept breaking loose & when Staker grabbed him he pleaded to the Umps yet nothing, he was frustrated & I can understand why. He shouldn't have punched him, but hey, the Umps weren't doing their job. :mad:

Please don't resort to that other weagle knob, who uses spousal abuse as a comparison, I know you're better than that.

no...he was angry and men with anger management problems are a danger and he needs to be taught a lesson, the lesson being that if someone is "holding" you you can't simply knock them out with a punch to the head. if he can't control his temper then that's his problem, not that of the umpire or his opponent, ____, he's a 30+ y/o adult who should know better.

if this is your logic then we as a society are well & truly ____ed.

So you're saying a player can grab a FF around the stomach, stop him going for the ball & he should just take it? FFS, they have stupid rules where you can't touch a FF's arm, yet they allow him to be grabbed & held back, The Umpires are idiots & they were the cause of this incident. :mad:

How many weeks do you think Hall should recieve, if any?

Having seen the incident a few times it doesn't seem as bad as it did the first time I saw it. Mind you Staker is lucky to not have a broken jaw. Still an idiotic thing to do, in my opinion he should get 4 - 6 weeks depending on his carry-over points he has hanging over his head. :thumbsdown:

ffs you idiot...Hall caused this because he was playing for a free kick, simple as that, he swung and swung hard enough to ensure Staker played no further part in the match.

so Hall's solution is to stop the player from taking any further part in the match...period, your logic is ____ing pathetic.

if Hall did that on the street he'd be on assault charges....

Playing for a free kick, did you watch the video? Staker grabbed his arm, then had his arm around his stomach, so he couldn't run forward. He just kept scragging as Hall was pleading for a free kick. If it was one of your players being impeded like that, you would be calling for blood.

sadly cant defend hall at all tonight, some people are keen to call him everything under the sun mind you.

Eagles fans should be thankful his stupidity has covered up how pathetic they have become

Pretty sure his injured hand will cover up how pathetic he has become. Please, he is meant to be a leader of this team. Yeah, punching people in the jaw when their not looking is ok? People will call him everything under the sun. He deserves it tonight:thumbsdown:

If he's being held around the stomach, which is what Staker wwas doing to Hall, how the hell is he supposed to get to the ball, Hall kept breaking loose & when Staker grabbed him he pleaded to the Umps yet nothing, he was frustrated & I can understand why. He shouldn't have punched him, but hey, the Umps weren't doing their job. :mad:.

Sorry Mantis, you've lost me with your incongruous reasoning.

Unlike the player in question I play the ball, not the man. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Video of Barry Hall's incident against west coast?

It was a disgraceful cheap shot - I'd say it's worth about 5 weeks.

Although depending on the injury to his arm, he may be out for that length of time anyway; which wouldn't be right - his suspension shouldn't start till after he's been given the medical all-clear.

Playing for a free kick, did you watch the video? Staker grabbed his arm, then had his arm around his stomach, so he couldn't run forward. He just kept scragging as Hall was pleading for a free kick. If it was one of your players being impeded like that, you would be calling for blood.

ffs your reconciling a soft hold with a left hook that floors a guy, keep digging chump. watch the video again, there was NOTHING in what he was doing...nothing at all.

I would not be calling for any player to turn around and attack him with a left hook, you & I have very different views on what is acceptable and this clearly isn't..no matter how hard you try and condone it.

Hahahaha..Please! I am pretty sure that Hall has played enough games to know that you are not always going to get free kicks, even when you deserve them. Our players do get "impeded" like that every game. Kerr, Cox to name a few. Doesn't mean they can King hit a player square to the jaw, or does it?

How much did Alistair Lynch in the 2004 GF when he threw a flurry at wakelin i think they all missed tho can't remember :confused:

Eagles fans should be thankful his stupidity has covered up how pathetic they have become

Nice attempt at diversion.

Sadly its a weak attempt.

We'll bounce back, we always do.

Pretty sure his injured hand will cover up how pathetic he has become. Please, he is meant to be a leader of this team. Yeah, punching people in the jaw when their not looking is ok? People will call him everything under the sun. He deserves it tonight:thumbsdown:

oh ____ off you dramatic little girl. Staker was grabbing him and impeding him, hall wasn't looking at staker if you want to play that game. Hall is incredibly stupid for hitting staker, no denying but you're blowing this out of proportion you little prancy girl guide no life loser. You're all using this emotional reactive bullshit to over play what happened, which was, there was a tussle, staker was hit and like the soft insipid girl he is, he went down like a bag of bricks.

:D

You're all a bunch of pathetic soft loser _____ and i hope the next time you leave your dark room to go and get a new hard drive or the latest dungeons and dragons video game, that you're punched or jumped. You all make me SICK, i hate hermit losers like you.

So you're saying Staker was totally innocent & wasn't doing anything wrong?

so your saying he got what he deserved?

____ champ...there was nothing in it and the umpire was close by, if there was he'd probably have awarded Hall a free kick, why the ____ do you think Hall was throwing his arms in the air to attract the umpires attention?

playing for the free by any chance? :eek:

Well.... I am lost for words. If that was a non Sydney player i would say that he just made my night. Cause that was awesome to watch.

How quick was the punch? Staker eyes were gone before he hit the ground. Absolute beauty:thumbsu:

Who would dare go near barry now? Certainly none of the chicken shit WC players.

One for the archives. :thumbsu: Bring back the Biff alright.

BUT, since it was a Sydney player that was bloody stupid and you let your team mates and club down. Totally undisciplined display.

Other points:

1. This will do wonders for marketing for the swans. Will be front page tomorrow and will be shown on all the RL media shows. AFL will get some respect back from all the soft free kicks lately.

2. Eagles will be loving that this will take the headlines and distract from their insipid performance. They looked like a bottom of the ladder team.

3. The fact that there was no flag flown from WC shows where their club is at. Surprising cause I got no doubt Whoosha would have been into barry.

Re: Video of Barry Hall's incident against west coast?

It was a disgraceful cheap shot - I'd say it's worth about 5 weeks.

Although depending on the injury to his arm, he may be out for that length of time anyway; which wouldn't be right - his suspension shouldn't start till after he's been given the medical all-clear.

yeah pub rules. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back