Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one? (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having looked at the replay it is not as severe as i first thought, probably 2-3 weeks worth..

Rubbish Rip.

4 weeks min.

If I was Sydney supporter I would be more worried about the "front on bump" that Goodes delivered.

Similar to the MJ incident on Hansen last year in the preseason or the Ben Johnson hit on Bell last season.

Will the tribunal be consistent?

Probably not.

I can't believe some people on this board.

I have never ever seen someone punch someone in the face on a football field like that.

People are saying 2/3 weeks :mad:

It would have to be greater than 6 weeks.

The most comparable incident I can recall was when Nathan Lovett Murray (who had carry over points) whacked Matt Carr.

http://www.aflpa.com.au/media/mrp11_18.pdf

Nathan Lovett-Murray, Essendon, has been charged with a Level Five striking offence
against Matthew Carr, Fremantle, during the first quarter of the Round 14 match
between Essendon and Fremantle, played at Subiaco on Friday July 7, 2006.
In summary, he has residual points on his record but he can accept a three-match
sanction with an early plea.
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), medium impact (two
points), behind play (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of eight
activation points, which relates to a Level Five offence, drawing 425 points and a four-
match sanction. He has 93.75 residual points on his record, which increases his penalty
to 518.75 points and a five-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per
cent to 389.06 points and a three-match sanction

Come on Big Man, didn't you feel that Hall should have been given a free kick for Stakers holding & scragging? :rolleyes:

Not the point lass.

You DO NOT PUNCH someone because of holding and scragging.

Jesus.......:confused:

How the **** does this dog act have any defence?

**** me.

Youre a swans fan and you have more intelligence about it than some people :rolleyes:

Everything else aside, you (and the club) will be spewing.. Hitting good form and is so important to the swans.. Idiot thing to do from hall and what a way to let down your team

yes i bet he feels stupid now. I'm gutted, what a ____ing IDIOT, i've not seen it yet but have had it confirmed by a few swans friends that he'll be out for 6 to 8 weeks. I can't believe he'd be so stupid. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

isn't it also the case that if a player is king hit away from the play that it can go straight to the tribunal? thus bypassing the MRP and their recommendation altogether...

I think that's what will occur.
The only way it goes straight to the tribunal is if it's graded intentional, high contact and severe impact. It won't be.

In/behind play is no longer considered.

picture says it all...

6ie6aa.jpg

swpll3.jpg

The most comparable incident I can recall was when Nathan Lovett Murray (who had carry over points) whacked Matt Carr.

http://www.aflpa.com.au/media/mrp11_18.pdf
Nat Rat all but missed Carr. His fist barely connected. If it had Car wouldn't have gotten up. God it was a beautiful moment.

Also he and Carr were having a wrestle before hand, face to face, unlike Hall hitting him when he wasn't looking.

The weird thing about this was that it was a king hit. Surely someone with Hall's hands should at least have the decency to give the guy a bit of notice that he was going to throw a decent left cross. Frustration obviously renders Barry Hall mentally incoherent.

I'm all for the biff in football, but that was an assassination.

The only way it goes straight to the tribunal is if it's graded intentional, high contact and severe impact. It won't be.

In/behind play is no longer considered.

well the intent is there, the high contact and severe impact are there too..

The weird thing about this was that it was a king hit. Surely someone with Hall's hands should at least have the decency to give the guy a bit of notice that he was going to throw a decent left cross. Frustration obviously renders Barry Hall mentally incoherent.

I'm all for the biff in football, but that was an assassination.
Barry Hall doesn't have a problem with cold-cocking a defender who's not expecting it, but when he's called on to show real guts - to step up and represent his team when they lose a Grand Final - he goes missing for months.

Not the point lass.

You DO NOT PUNCH someone because of holding and scragging.

Jesus.......:confused:

How the **** does this dog act have any defence?

**** me.

So you're saying a player can grab a FF around the stomach, stop him going for the ball & he should just take it? FFS, they have stupid rules where you can't touch a FF's arm, yet they allow him to be grabbed & held back, The Umpires are idiots & they were the cause of this incident. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying a player can grab a FF around the stomach, stop him going for the ball & he should just take it? FFS, they have stupid rules where you can't touch a FF's arm, yet they allow him to be grabbed & held back, The Umpires are idiots & they were the cause of this incident. :mad:

So you are saying that if a FF is being held and doesn't get a kick from the ump, he can turn around and thump someone in the chops?????

DEPLORABLE :thumbsdown:

Re: Video of Barry Hall's incident against west coast?

[youtube]TzN4Ly_yd9w[/youtube]

that is no where near as bad as what was described, i reckon he'll get 3 to 4, if that.

Unsurprisingly the BF NO LIFERS are making more out of this than needs be. Go to a bar or something guys. :eek:

Answer the question, mantis.

Beat him to the ball.

Beat him around the ground.

Kick goals on him.

Take a contested mark against him.

Nah **** it I'll punch him instead.

The umps arent to blame, they didnt get Barrys arm, pull it back and throw it at Stakers jaw, did they?

Stupid reasoning Mantis, unbelievable really. :thumbsdown:

Im done.

ffs you idiot...Hall caused this because he was playing for a free kick, simple as that, he swung and swung hard enough to ensure Staker played no further part in the match.

so Hall's solution is to stop the player from taking any further part in the match...period, your logic is ____ing pathetic.

if Hall did that on the street he'd be on assault charges....

Glass was playing on Hall all night. Staker must have switched onto him momentarily as someone was covering the others player. So if BBBBBHall can't handle 1 stoppage with Staker manning him closely then Hall is a bigger sook than i thought. Wonder if his Mum will tell us all to leave her poor son alone again?

Beat him to the ball.

Beat him around the ground.

Kick goals on him.

Take a contested mark against him.

Nah **** it I'll punch him instead.

The umps arent to blame, they didnt get Barrys arm, pull it back and throw it at Stakers jaw, did they?

Stupid reasoning Mantis, unbelievable really. :thumbsdown:

Im done.

If he's being held around the stomach, which is what Staker wwas doing to Hall, how the hell is he supposed to get to the ball, Hall kept breaking loose & when Staker grabbed him he pleaded to the Umps yet nothing, he was frustrated & I can understand why. He shouldn't have punched him, but hey, the Umps weren't doing their job. :mad:

Please don't resort to that other weagle knob, who uses spousal abuse as a comparison, I know you're better than that.

If he's being held around the stomach, which is what Staker wwas doing to Hall, how the hell is he supposed to get to the ball, Hall kept breaking loose & when Staker grabbed him he pleaded to the Umps yet nothing, he was frustrated & I can understand why. He shouldn't have punched him, but hey, the Umps weren't doing their job. :mad:

Please don't resort to that other weagle knob, who uses spousal abuse as a comparison, I know you're better than that.
Why don't you ask the countless other forwards who have been scragged. They coped okay without nearly KOing the defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back