Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one? (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one?

minimum of 6 weeks for hally. i actually dont think he meant to hit him in the face, but non the less he should not have done it. Very costly as he is in pretty good form of late.

If Hall gets offered 4 weeks, he'd take that so fast the tribunal wouldn't even see him run through and yell 'guilty!'

It was basically as bad as a strike can be- punch to the head, off play, high, severe impact, and he's got form. 6 weeks would be lenient, 8 would be about right.

Where are all the swans to defend him and call staker soft??

No fan could condone that kind of act no matter who it is. Staker may be soft but he didn't deserve that. Disgraceful by Hall and very selfish. Needs a could kick up the butt (or clip to the jaw).

Given how cheap it was - Staker (was it?) no chance to defend himself whatsoever - I'd say any less than six weeks would be light.

But howabout the stiff-arm he gave to Hunter (it was him, right) as he came in to 'remonstrate'. BANG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall's whack on Staker surely wasn't as bad as Plugger breaking Peter Caven's Jaw at the SCG in 1994 (I think that is when it happened) ...

On memory, I recall Plugger got 8 weeks for that ..

has anyone seen the half-time analysis or able to youtube? they went straight to the news over here in Perth, interested in hearing the thoughts at half time.

Just watched the youtube clip (kids are watching Harry Potter)...and pretty nasty stuff. No one like to see that no matter on the footy field or in King St.

At least 6 weeks... but you never know with the tribunal and AFL looking after interstate teams.

Anyway, hope he's out for our game with the Swans!

First of all, i am an eagles supporter.

Second, all of the AFL "fights" are normally quite pathetic and just involve a bunch of players slightly nudging each to the point where it makes you cringe. Normally there is more dirty play in soccer. What Barry did though was worse than most rugby incidents, at least the rugby players have the decency to look at the players they are punching.

That is probably the worst incidence of violence that i have ever seen in the AFL, and that includes the historical footage. Being a referee i can be very unbiased watching games, but if i was Staker id seriously consider reporting that to the police.

If he gets less than 12 weeks, then the AFL is pathetic. In WA these days, with all fo the king hit cases you may even get jail time for a hit like that, if it wasn't on the footy field...

Mods pulled the previous Hall thread because they're a bunch of soft____s.

Yet they leave the Ben Cousins is Arrested thread even though most comments made in that thread were derogatrive and negative. :rolleyes:

____ing weak _____ protecting sydney again, and wce are fair game. I bet this post would be deleted if i mention rape and sydney in the same thread.

Hall's whack on Staker surely wasn't as bad as Plugger breaking Peter Caven's Jaw at the SCG in 1994 (I think that is when it happened) ...

On memory, I recall Plugger got 8 weeks for that ..

All i remember is the Weird World of Sport version :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back