Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one? (Merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hall - 4 weeks - how will afl get them out of this one?

For some reason this reminds me of when Ritchie Vandenberg hit McPhee while he was being held down by 2 guys.

That's just... odd. I don't see any correlation.

wce0632 said:
I did not mean it like that. What is 'thinking of the children' going to matter when it comes to the tribunal? I was just making a statement about how footy has changed and young kids wouldn't have even imagined that kind of thing happening on a footy field. That's all, no need to think I'm a Family First follower or anything, I don't care that she saw it, I was just suprised by her reaction.

Fair call, sir. I was just amused by the wording of your original post.

Hall an absolute coward !!! 6 -8 weeks minimum.
Though he has king hit before behind play and got to play in a GF.
How will the match fixers get him out of this one..
Cowards were the Eagles, big cowards. No-one had the balls to remonstrate. FYI that king hit behind play in the 2005 PF was a love tap in the guts. That comment is laughable and totally stupid. Obviously a know-nothing.

Sydney is a piss weak football team, they AFL will try everything to get him off.

Fair call, sir. I was just amused by the wording of your original post.

'miss' actually.
I know, explaining isn't my strong point, especially when I was so angry and shocked.

Re: Hall's punch...watch it here

Don't you just love the soft ____ commentry, ugly incident wtf, it was one punch!!!

Just saw the incident...ye Gods, that was ugly :eek:

Throw the book at him , I say...thuggery at its worst, that's the sort of king hit that you'd expect to see from a drunk bogan outside a nightclub. :thumbsdown:

It was laughable that he turned to the umpires with his hands up as if he was the victim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at least six and a massive shame as he and Sydney were both hitting great form

and thanks for youtubing it in adelaide we can either watch the port game or the port game fortunately i barrack for brisbane

Because he was aiming to throw his fist several centimetres from his face? Realistic.
Reckless and stupid but wasn't deliberate, in other words, not premeditated. Technical but true. Eagles fans will obviously be over the top. Deliberate would be 6-7, reckless 4-5. Wasn't as if it was a king-hit behind play. Let's judge it without agendas or emotion.

Hall's whack on Staker surely wasn't as bad as Plugger breaking Peter Caven's Jaw at the SCG in 1994 (I think that is when it happened) ...

On memory, I recall Plugger got 8 weeks for that ..

That was in a completely different era you dingbat.

Times have changed.

Hall's whack on Staker surely wasn't as bad as Plugger breaking Peter Caven's Jaw at the SCG in 1994 (I think that is when it happened) ...

On memory, I recall Plugger got 8 weeks for that ..

Just as bad... that was in play, and made worse due to the size difference of the players and Plugger's momentum. Not defending that incident, but this was simply a king hit, Plugger was, possibly, thinking self-preservation (dunno why, obvious mis-match)

What sort of charge will that carry?

The mums will want to see that sort of thing stamped out straight away.

I wouldn't want to mess with Big Barry's mum right now..........!!:eek:

..Barry..............you've been a very naughty boy.............!!!!!!!

Just as bad... that was in play, and made worse due to the size difference of the players and Plugger's momentum. Not defending that incident, but this was simply a king hit, Plugger was, possibly, thinking self-preservation (dunno why, obvious mis-match)
Take the agenda away. It was nowhere near as bad Plugger's and nothing close to a big king hit. Not even behind play. People talk sh1t at times.

Reckless and stupid but wasn't deliberate, in other words, not premeditated. Technical but true. Eagles fans will obviously be over the top. Deliberate would be 6-7, reckless 4-5. Wasn't as if it was a king-hit behind play. Let's judge it without agendas or emotion.

Barry Hall swung around in a reckless manner and knocked a player out if he gets 4 weeks for that it is a disgrace. So him pushing Staker away so he can get a swing at him was not premeditated? Premeditation is difficult to prove but the substance of the act is a 6 week minimum.

Will be interesting, my exact thoughts when it happened, to be honest though I am more concerned about the two times goodes has hit a player head on when they have had their heads over the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back