Harbrow and Williams in- Sam Power out.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like it to be honest, If i was a fringe player at that club, i would not be impressed.

Who should be disappointed?? It's not like we have players knocking down the door to get a game. It was obvious we needed to make changes. I think they have looked long term with these decisions, if Faulkner or Baird or whoever had been performing exceptionally well Im sure they would have been included in the team, but obviously they haven't (admit I haven't seen W'Bee this year, just going off other people's reports)

Crazy Horse and Big Tom getting thrown in with the big boys, a bold decision to say the least.

I'll be stuck at work, won't get a chance to see them in action.

Captain Sensible, would you be so kind as to provide SMS updates through the evening?

Who should be disappointed?? It's not like we have players knocking down the door to get a game. It was obvious we needed to make changes. I think they have looked long term with these decisions, if Faulkner or Baird or whoever had been performing exceptionally well Im sure they would have been included in the team, but obviously they haven't (admit I haven't seen W'Bee this year, just going off other people's reports)

I agree in that Harbrow/Williams will offer us more then say Baird/Skipper.

Faulkner is stiff though. 26 disposals last week, he's got the hard edge we need and yet still cannot crack it into our side. Must be frustrating, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ray dropped for him despite the other changes.

IMO the biggest plus, aside from Williams & Harbrow fast tracking their football careers tomorrow night, is the excitement the rest of the playing group will draw out of it. They have all talked up Williams on several occasions, and to see him run out will give them all a buzz IMO, along with Harbrow - an injection of serious flair.

It's probably the right time to do this in terms of who we're playing, and where the current side's mood is/was at.

I think we'll see a different side tomorrow night, one with far more enthusiasum and aggression than what we've seen of late.

Surely it will be a ruckman. Hopefully it will be the Tall one.

Only other thing would be an injury to someone like Wight.

I don't think street is playing as good as he was last season. He deserves to get dropped in my opinion.

But if he does get dropped that leaves a big task to who ever has to play on Simmonds.

ha, check out the picture of kostya at afl.com

is that a headband, ritual scarring, or is he jsut REALLY worried about where this handball is going to go?

so it says street and power

from afl.com
------------
The Western Bulldogs will give Tom Williams and Jarrod Harbrow their AFL debuts on Friday night against Richmond at the MCG.

Williams, 20, is in his third year with the Bulldogs after being selected with pick six in the 2004 NAB AFL Draft. He has had to overcome injury problems to reach senior level, having broken his ankle three times since joining the club, but has shown good form this year with Werribee in the VFL.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said Williams was keen for a senior start earlier in the season, but the club was determined to take the right approach.

“The surgeon said he was ready in February, but we wanted to give him a proper pre-season,” Eade said. “He ended up playing a few practice matches at Werribee and he has played very well there in the last couple of weeks.”

Eade said confidence is likely to be the main barrier for Williams at the MCG on Friday night, but he hopes he can overcome that hurdle and play to his true ability.

“He is not going to play a full game, but hopefully he can grab his opportunity and stay in the team.”

The club elevated 18-year-old Harbrow from the rookie list following Chris Grant's long-term groin injury.

“Jarrad’s form was terrific last week when he played for Werribee,” Eade said. “He had a very good pre-season and did well in the NAB Cup so he obviously has had a bit of a taste of senior footy.”

Harbrow has quickly been dubbed ‘Kostya’ by his teammates, thanks to his Kostya Tszyu-style haircut.

He said Eade caught him unawares with the news he had been selected.

“I was actually up in the players’ meeting room having a sleep,” Harbrow said.

“He played a joke on me and said that I had got in trouble with another player. I was freaking out, thinking, ‘What have I done?’ but then he put his hand out and said, ‘Well done, mate’.”

Ruckman Peter Street and possibly Sam Power will make way for the two newcomers.

Views: 1,093

I didn't think they would bring Tom in for another 5 or 6 weeks. Seems a little early and not sure what role they will play him in. Then again I have only seen him play twice.

Not as shocked as some with Harbrows inclusion. Needed to get back that ability to break the game open and he may give us a spark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure whether Tommy or Jarrod are ready, but I'm excited about seeing them debut!

I've seen Tommy play in only 1 preseason game in Darwin 2 years ago, and have been waiting to see him get a chance again following the woeful luck with his foot injury. For mine I'd like to see him play as a centre half forward tomorrow.

Jarrod - as a few have mentioned here, his amazing ability to change direction in a heartbeat is very exciting and I really hope he adds that bit of excitement to out seemingly jaded run at the moment.....

Good Luck to both of you. Go Get em fella's!!!

I was pleasently surprised with the inclusions...I wasn't expecting Tom to get the call up for another few weeks, but if Rocket thinks he's ready, then that's good enough for me. With Jarrod, I honestly thought Pask would be elevated first, due to his experience at the Lions, but I was glad that Harbrow got the call up first, as he was really impressive in the NAB cup and is just what we need at the moment.

I think I've only seen Williams in one NAB Cup match a couple of years ago...so I have no idea what to expect from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harbrow and Williams in- Sam Power out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back