Hardwick as a forward 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s actually an extremely logical post

Players eventually slow down. Breust is on the wrong side of 30 and it’s very likely his body won’t hold up to allow him to have a season like he did last year.

We have also just recruited 2 small forwards (Wiz / Ginivan) who play a similar style to Breust who will most likely be prioritised over Luke.

We are missing a Hybrid marking / 3rd tall type up forward which is how Dimma plays.

Jack Gunston will go down as one of the best mid talls ever however he currently isn’t in the side? Luke will play plenty of games this year however team balance wise our best 22 includes Dimma in the forward line
This is bang on the mark.

Toby Greene with tattoos.

I think this move on the weekend was one of the mistake that was made.

Hardwick should have been left forward as he was playing really well, I’m sure we had another player to play back pocket it was working, what he was doing he should have been left there.

Hardwick should have been left forward as he was playing really well, I’m sure we had another player to play back pocket it was working, what he was doing he should have been left there.
We didn't get the ball in there much in the last. While as he went back impacted in quite a few contests. Move was not a mistake. Breust came on for CJ and we needed to move someone to the wing and balance the team. Hardwick back was the move and then move Mass to the wing

We had 4 inside 50's in that last quarter, what good would Hardwick have done there?

He’s had two really good bursts of goals up forward (in a quarter or so) then really not much between it. Down back he’s a far more reliable contributor.

We’re trying to maximise where he’ll provide impact which means switching back and forth. Which will obviously be criticised when we lose.

We had 4 inside 50's in that last quarter, what good would Hardwick have done there?

We only needed one more goal and one of those 4 inside entries could have been one, He was the most dangerous forward we had.

So he moved something that was working.

We only needed one more goal and one of those 4 inside entries could have been one, He was the most dangerous forward we had.

You are expecting a lot from only 4 entries. He only kicked 1 goal between the second and third quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are expecting a lot from only 4 entries. He only kicked 1 goal between the second and third quarters.
He saved more than he would have kicked

He was on fire in the first term - no doubt.

Then the game settled and PA had a better match up for him.

By the time we hit the last huddle it was clear we needed leadership in the back half - which is exactly where he was deployed and got heavily involved.

I can understand why the decision was made but i think it was the wrong call, particularly early in the last quarter. Fair enough the last 5 minutes but too early.

regardless, with either sicily or scrimshaw in the team we would have been confident enough to leave him fwd. So hopefully we don’t feel the need to make the same decision again.

Well have a look at the behind goals vision in the Autopsy thread. His man was DBJ, and for both of the goals he kicked, he was miles off him. Paid him zero respect. Chose to try to kill the ball in the last entry, didn't connect properly, and DBJ kicks the sealer, unmanned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back