Hardwick - How long until he's replaced as Richmond's coach

Who is coach of the year so far in 2017?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • Brendon Bolton

Votes: 58 18.8%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Leon Cameron

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Simon Goodwin

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Other (name in comments)

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 104 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty much. Has consistently demonstrated he is not up to it.
Well no! He's up to it alright. Richmond responded in the last quarter and gave Fremantle a flogging football lesson. Should not have been so far back , but Freo may have out played them most of the day.
They outplayed Richmond in the last 30 or 40 seconds that's for sure.
But Richmond belted them, how can you blame a coach, when the on grounders cannot make sure the defensive set up is right at that last bounce, and leave an elite Freo forward in the vicinity......... LEFT BY HIMSELF.
Hardwick can't get on there and defend for them. The same as Buckley, for crying out loud

Stop looking for heads to chop you fans.

And Caroline Wilson knows nothing, if she influences you guys , your in deep dopey s**t yourselves.

I Never read her or watch her.

I've been saying Richmond has a good list but Hardwick is wasting it for a few years now. Really sad to see the poor results during the tenure of the elite Rance and Jack R. bookends.
We don't have a good list, and part of that is hardwicks fault. I agree with you though, the careers of 3 champions in jack, Martin and Rance have been wasted by this loser. The same with players like Richo, Bowden and knights before them.

wasted deledio too

Lids was an interesting individual ... think the "offer" was just tooooooo good for the Tigers to refuse - knowing his injury concerns. They needed salary cap space to have any chance of holding onto Dusty.

Last edited:
I've been saying Richmond has a good list but Hardwick is wasting it for a few years now. Really sad to see the poor results during the tenure of the elite Rance and Jack R. bookends.

They don't have a top 4 list because they have bookends but nothing to help each book. Most top 4 sides have two very good defenders and two very good forwards. Richmond do not. They have an outstanding forward and defender, but the quality falls away too quickly after that (not talking about their midfield, they have had some decent depth there).

Fair dinkum there are some sooks as supporters. And some sooks are also damn stupid.

Those calling for Hardwick's head are both. 2016 was a write-off...yeah we all get that. So he transforms the game plan, brings kids in etc etc and now that we have a few losses (2 of which we should have won) and everyone is in uproar about him again.

Hardwick is NOT to blame for how badly we structured in that final 20 seconds. It was a breakdown in our on-field leadership. It was the players who lost this game after throwing it away with an inept 3rd quarter display and then not structuring correctly when they got in front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair dinkum there are some sooks as supporters. And some sooks are also damn stupid.

Those calling for Hardwick's head are both. 2016 was a write-off...yeah we all get that. So he transforms the game plan, brings kids in etc etc and now that we have a few losses (2 of which we should have won) and everyone is in uproar about him again.

Hardwick is NOT to blame for how badly we structured in that final 20 seconds. It was a breakdown in our on-field leadership. It was the players who lost this game after throwing it away with an inept 3rd quarter display and then not structuring correctly when they got in front.

He is to blame for how badly you played for the first three quarters though.

He will be coaching next year if we make finals. Seeing that he's contracted next year he would still be here even if we humiliate ourselves again during the finals. If he wasn't contracted for next year I think he would be gone if we don't perform well in the finals. If we miss finals then he's gone regardless IMO.

I'm curious of which scenario opposition supporters want to see? For us to humiliate ourselves during the finals or for us to miss finals (ninthmond)?

No team needs a player like Xavier Richards more than us right now. Why wasn't he even considered?

Xav could be a worse bloke than Carlisle and I wouldn't care. We have zero KP depth.

He will be coaching next year if we make finals. Seeing that he's contracted next year he would still be here even if we humiliate ourselves again during the finals. If he wasn't contracted for next year I think he would be gone if we don't perform well in the finals. If we miss finals then he's gone regardless IMO.

I'm curious of which scenario opposition supporters want to see? For us to humiliate ourselves during the finals or for us to miss finals (ninthmond)?
wait what, i thought this was the last year of his contract? FMD we are a stupid club if youre right

They don't have a top 4 list because they have bookends but nothing to help each book. Most top 4 sides have two very good defenders and two very good forwards. Richmond do not. They have an outstanding forward and defender, but the quality falls away too quickly after that (not talking about their midfield, they have had some decent depth there).
This is correct. Unless you have a decent CHF you won't win games consistently. Astbury at full back is under rated, but we are playing Elton who is not up to it at the most important position on the ground, with little to nothing in the VFL as a CHF to come. The Dogs did it for the final period, so it can be done, but they finished 7th in the home and away. You have to work very hard without 2 good forwards, and you can't do for a whole season. So we will struggle unless we find a way around it.

"Are you over 6' tall? (Or even just under?). Have you ever taken an overhead mark in your life? Even at AusKick? Can you even just present as a big target somewhere in the front half of the ground? Then apply to be Richmond's Centre-half Forward! Seriously. We'll take anyone!!! We're not desperate! (Well, OK - a bit desperate). Just keep out of the way of the skinny blond guy wearing No 8, and take your direct opponent with you. Ability to be a second ruck option option not actually required - more a 'nice-to-have'. And if you can kick straight as well, we've got a spot in the line-up for you this weekend!"

(OK - we are desperate).

"Are you over 6' tall? (Or even just under?). Have you ever taken an overhead mark in your life? Even at AusKick? Can you even just present as a big target somewhere in the front half of the ground? Then apply to be Richmond's Centre-half Forward! Seriously. We'll take anyone!!! We're not desperate! (Well, OK - a bit desperate). Just keep out of the way of the skinny blond guy wearing No 8, and take your direct opponent with you. Ability to be a second ruck option option not actually required - more a 'nice-to-have'. And if you can kick straight as well, we've got a spot in the line-up for you this weekend!"

(OK - we are desperate).
Bring back Tyrone!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back