Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck Fremantle with Hardly Been Ill. I hope he gets it together and doesn't get involved in his nasty stuff he has been!

Eade made it clear there was never an issue with Harley's training or gameday application and workrate.

Don't hold your breath too long there Bob.:cool:
And they fired him for a second round pick next year.

He could be the steal of the decade. I just hope Cameron Mooney is talking about it on trade radio: "In 2015 Gold Coast let go of Harley Bennell for a second round pick and a slight upgrade on their second rounder, he went on to win two Brownlows and four flags with Fremantle, now that's what I call a Cracking Deal. For more cracking deals get down to...."

Did anyone hear 6PR say that the leadership has already spoken to Harley? Fyfe very strongly described the team's ethos. Some question mark over Bennell's attitude was implied. I didn't know we had started training...

Hope all is good, as we badly need him to invigorate our team.

We haven't started training but as a new player (especially one with his reputation) he would have had to have a sit down with the leadership group.

Yeah i'd expect every new recruit at every club would have had a chat with at least some of the leadership group (those in town anyway).

Harley had met with the leadership group and had 2 or 3 meetings with Lyon prior to the deal being finalised.
Reports (albeit media)were that the player meetings went well and him and Lyon had a particularly positive early relationship.
Don't ask me to find the sources cos I couldn't be arsed but these things were certainly reported on at the time.
I'm anticipating Harley will relish the demands of Lyon and the Freo environment.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I am expecting Harley to threaten the top 5 in our team virtually immediately. He has the pedigree for that and is entering his prime. I expect his personal issues to help drive that and give him something to prove. Pretty much I am expecting him to come in and be a match winner. I am expecting a lift to those playing alongside him in the midfield such as Hill and Pearce, and I am expecting a lift in our scoring capacity, largely by the introduction of a more attacking mindset brought about by need and his acquisition.

I am certainly not going to bitch and moan if that does not happen, because it certainly may not. But that is where my daydreams run to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley had met with the leadership group and had 2 or 3 meetings with Lyon prior to the deal being finalised.
Reports (albeit media)were that the player meetings went well and him and Lyon had a particularly positive early relationship.
Don't ask me to find the sources cos I couldn't be arsed but these things were certainly reported on at the time.
I'm anticipating Harley will relish the demands of Lyon and the Freo environment.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hack dorm said on Friday on 6PR that Fyfe had got stuck into Harleywhen he met with the leadership group and that they wouldn't put up with any crap. On another note, Hackdorn also said Harley hasn't impressed Freo officials so far, didn't say why.
Has anyone heard anything about This?

Hack dorm said on Friday on 6PR that Fyfe had got stuck into Harleywhen he met with the leadership group and that they wouldn't put up with any crap. On another note, Hackdorn also said Harley hasn't impressed Freo officials so far, didn't say why.

Hackwhack was seen at AutoPro purchasing an 11,000kg winch to extract his head from his arse.
Customer service indicated to Hackdick their professional advice was to upgrade the winch to something which could handle the job!

That polesmoker wouldn't know if his arse was on fire.

I haven't been impressed by our players yet this preseason. I haven't seen anything to impress me.

You can spin it however you want but if you haven't had a chance, you haven't had a chance.

Does Hackman really expect us to believe that a Freo official gave him an of the cuff call and said guess what Hacky Harley is playing up so why don't you get yourself on the radio and tell the world about it.:rolleyes: God Hackdorn is a tosser. Anything to sling shit on Freo and take the heat of his West Coast love children.

I'm sure it all relates to the coaching staff and leadership team laying down the law to Harley. Aside from that I heard Bennell was training with Walters and the team don't start training for a few more weeks yet. For goodness sake half the team are travelling around Europe or the U.S. trying to convert NBA and EPL players to become Freo recruits and generally having a good time. Yet Hackdorn makes up his usual spin doctor rubbish to create a headline. I'll believe it when our training watchers see Bennell lapped by the majority of the team in the time trials like Anthony, Sylvia and Moller.

Yes, we'll get a sense of things soon enough when they hit the track. I don't have Kim's sources, but I've been told Harley has been working his butt off up at Gold Coast before returning home which by contrast is a good sign but it's just too early. I don't expect a perfect marriage from the outset and no doubt the Club will be trying to keep a tight rein over Harley to help him cope with the distractions. Best thing will be when he's in a routine and around the group rather than in between clubs for the moment so preseason training can't come quick enough...

I don't have Kim's sources...

I doubt Kim has any sources either... or at least any who seem to know anything about Freo.

Was it him who said three Freo players had asked to be traded? Or was that another journo with equally impeccable sources?

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back