Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see WCE going anywhere near him, given their history of semi-recent times.
Shit that happened 10 years ago? Really?

We kept Murray Newman on the list when he went to prison.

I may be on my own here but I don't think Bennell's indiscretions are actually that serious. He doesn't seem very bright and might be a complete knob but when I look at what he's actually done, I don't see too many hanging offences. Knocking a cigarette out of a bouncer's hand shouldn't even move the needle.

Swans 2016 first round draft pick. Craig Bird and one of Dean Towers or Brandon Jack. For Harley and suns 2016 3rd round draft pick?

trade could backfire but the bloke is a gun top 10 quality talent you take the risk and back your culture and people at your club. its not like garlett who was a meth addict
Don't you recall the picture of Bennell taking a line of coke with the prostitutes in his room? There is every chance that he's an addict of something.

Don't you recall the picture of Bennell taking a line of coke with the prostitutes in his room? There is every chance that he's an addict of something.
He could well be an addict who knows only going from what I heard that he is more an idiot then a addict. Look at Dustin Martin some of the stories about him are bad and they have quieted down since he turned up to cotch's wedding farmed up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if heading back home would be beneficial for Bennell? My understanding is that even back in his junior days he was the same. Being around his old friends could do more harm than good. Gold Coast probably wasn't the right team for him. So many young players around and fewer big brother figures to keep him in line.

We need to remember that not everyone on an AFL list is capable or prepared to comply with the rigours of AFL. Some people simply might not enjoy it. It can be hard work regardless of your natural talent.

If he does want to play he will need a club with a great structure and well managed, i.e. Freo or Sydney.

I wonder if heading back home would be beneficial for Bennell? My understanding is that even back in his junior days he was the same. Being around his old friends could do more harm than good. Gold Coast probably wasn't the right team for him. So many young players around and fewer big brother figures to keep him in line.

We need to remember that not everyone on an AFL list is capable or prepared to comply with the rigours of AFL. Some people simply might not enjoy it. It can be hard work regardless of your natural talent.

If he does want to play he will need a club with a great structure and well managed, i.e. Freo or Sydney.
he's got w***er mates back in the west who he would be tempted to get in even more trouble with than he has been on the east coast. one of our ex-mods who was fairly in the know with most of that stuff has spoken of this, and his family's hopes for him to stay away from WA to try and play footy without distraction. obviously hasn't worked for him here, but there's still hope for him to have a fresh start somewhere and stay out of trouble.

So everyone who does lines is every chance of being an addict? He's undoubtedly an idiot who likes drugs, he's not on his own in the AFL ranks.

he's got ****** mates back in the west who he would be tempted to get in even more trouble with than he has been on the east coast. one of our ex-mods who was fairly in the know with most of that stuff has spoken of this, and his family's hopes for him to stay away from WA to try and play footy without distraction. obviously hasn't worked for him here, but there's still hope for him to have a fresh start somewhere and stay out of trouble.

If his family don't want him back in WA, then he will be off to Vic. If he hasn't nominated a team in the next week, then you could be fairly certain it will be one of the teams playing finals.

I may be on my own here but I don't think Bennell's indiscretions are actually that serious. He doesn't seem very bright and might be a complete knob but when I look at what he's actually done, I don't see too many hanging offences. Knocking a cigarette out of a bouncer's hand shouldn't even move the needle.

I agree, wouldn't mind at all to have a speedster at west coast, prefer him over jetta to be honest.

The weird thing about this trade, gc will have to take unders as I think with success and culture change needed, even though he is contracted he can't play for gc again.

I have a feeling it will be like the Ryder trade last year and will need mediation.

The weird thing about this trade, gc will have to take unders as I think with success and culture change needed, even though he is contracted he can't play for gc again.

I have a feeling it will be like the Ryder trade last year and will need mediation.

Considering they are forcing him out I'd suggest they'd be happy for him to go to whatever club offers the best. By all reports he wanted to stay at gold coast so he may not have a preference

Considering they are forcing him out I'd suggest they'd be happy for him to go to whatever club offers the best. By all reports he wanted to stay at gold coast so he may not have a preference

But clubs would know that and not offer what On field he is worth. So the best would still be unders in my opinion. Depending on how many clubs interested,.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back