Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

But clubs would know that and not offer what On field he is worth. So the best would still be unders in my opinion. Depending on how many clubs interested,.......

Yeah, if multiple are interested and are serious about getting him, which I'm sure a few will be considering his talent, then they might just try to outdo the other to get GCS to work with them instead.

But I agree, at first they will get offers well below his worth. But I think they'll get a first for him.

Yeah, who knows though really?

I am not sure you would want to invest more than a first rounder is all.. Harley has a really high bar now for his actions. He won't get away with drink driving for instance without his new club basically having to sack him.

All true. But I think quite a few clubs are interested so up goes his trade price. There aren't many players who can do what he can do.

Yeah, if multiple are interested and are serious about getting him, which I'm sure a few will be considering his talent, then they might just try to outdo the other to get GCS to work with them instead.

But I agree, at first they will get offers well below his worth. But I think they'll get a first for him.

One first is still massive unders considering people think Aish/witts/yarren is worth a first.

He is devalued because of his of field antics but the gc saying he can't stay to me is haggling on the streets of Thailand trade material.

All true. But I think quite a few clubs are interested so up goes his trade price. There aren't many players who can do what he can do.

Most players that pick a team, the team wants them as much. Eg. A Beams/Treloar.

Rarely you get a player that wants to stay where he is, but the club has signed his exit papers.

One first is still massive unders considering people think Aish/witts/yarren is worth a first.

He is devalued because of his of field antics but the gc saying he can't stay to me is haggling on the streets of Thailand trade material.

Yeah, well with the perceives cultural issues up there, you can see why they showed him the door. Charlies gone now too, so they are almost their in terms of getting rid of the bad eggs..

Yep, massive unders on talent that is for sure.

The Suns are trying to shove him out the door so they won't have much of a leg to stand on in the end. I think if a team offered them a second rounder this year and next year they'd look at it. Is it fair value no but they're not going to get much better for a guy who they've publicly said doesn't have a place at their club anymore.

Yeah, who knows though really?

I am not sure you would want to invest more than a first rounder is all.. Harley has a really high bar now for his actions. He won't get away with drink driving for instance without his new club basically having to sack him.
Rubbish.

Newman went to jail and remained on the Eagles' list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very hard to judge what this guy will go for in a trade, could be almost anything up or down depending on the suitors. Usually the club has a choice to keep a player but seems not here.
This is why I find it strange that they would announce anything. Why not just roll into trade week without having made any announcements about whether you are willing to keep him or not? Surely it would give you some semblance of bargaining power. Whereas now, they have backed themselves into a corner. Keeping him seems to no longer be an option, so other clubs can low-ball the hell out of them. Far less likely to get anything like market value now. Sometimes I think footy clubs just act on auto-pilot. They don't even know why they do things the way they do, they just do them because they think that is what other clubs have done so we better do it too.
No need to make any announcement about Bennell's playing future. How did it help them doing so?
Not questions for you to answer 747, you just prompted me to ramble :thumbsu:

Rubbish.

Newman went to jail and remained on the Eagles' list.

The two biggest differences is that Bennell was not caught doing his major illegal act and Bennell has had subsequent infractions. AFAIK Newman has not gotten out of jail and then turned up to training hungover or been re-arrested for knocking a cigarette. Snorting lines off strippers is also (unfortunately) illegal, if Bennell had of been caught by police carrying he would be in jail now too.

The bar for both of them is high, Newman just has not crossed it like Bennell since his major stuff up.

We could trade this year's first-rounder and next year's first-rounder. No?

We could, because of the above I wouldn't want to trade us out of two first round drafts. Your kidding yourself if you don't understand that this time next year we could be without Bennell AND our 2015 + 2016 first rounders. I don't mind taking a punt for 1 x first but not 2.

The Suns are trying to shove him out the door so they won't have much of a leg to stand on in the end. I think if a team offered them a second rounder this year and next year they'd look at it. Is it fair value no but they're not going to get much better for a guy who they've publicly said doesn't have a place at their club anymore.

Market forces will see him go for much more.

they can ask all they like they WONT get 9 alone for Henderson and I doubt if will be involved at all .......You can bookmark that
If that's the case... Let him walk to the PSD, better that then gift him to the Cats, he won't be there at pick 9. Owe that mummys boy no favours!

If that's the case... Let him walk to the PSD, better that then gift him to the Cats, he won't be there at pick 9. Owe that mummys boy no favours!

If Geelong don't get him then we have lost nothing let him walk to the PSD then Carlton lose him for nothing - really the Blues should take what they can get after all they have pushed him out the door

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Harley Bennell [traded with #22 to Fremantle for #16 and #35]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back