Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Its going to happen 1 year where the top 3 finishes in any award including the Brownlow would be ruled ineligible due to an antiquated definition of fair play.
... which would balance the current day flawed defintion of "best player" (general definition, not Reid in particular)

nobody in WA needs to - it's all our newspapers write about

it would be interesting to see him in a team with stars as good as those in Geelong

Dempsey is a team player and exciting to watch
Wonder if there's any negative comments about him in this thread you haven't liked..🤣🤣
You absolutely ooz...
Screenshot_2024-06-05-11-01-52-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

View attachment 2010778
I think Wilson might have this award wrapped up he has his own top 5 😂
Also did delwar leave his tracker on in the car?
Wilsons cardio for a first year has been insane.

The man will get a lot of joe to goose goals with sheer work rate.

When my son was swimming there was a 13 yr old who was insanely bigger than the other kids, then suddenly disappeared after breaking every record, including ages ahead of him.
In the end he couldn’t cope mentally. I feel the WA media has put Reid at risk and contributed to his attitude. It’s insane and I’m not sure why they are doing it.
I guess some young people just develop physically in a freaky way.
I think Reid turned 19 in January and most of the others get drafted at 18.
He turned 19 on April 17th, after playing five AFL matches as an 18 year old.

When my son was swimming there was a 13 yr old who was insanely bigger than the other kids, then suddenly disappeared after breaking every record, including ages ahead of him.
In the end he couldn’t cope mentally. I feel the WA media has put Reid at risk and contributed to his attitude. It’s insane and I’m not sure why they are doing it.
Why would you post something that is total BS without even bothering to simply check? Sam McClure posting.

Fremantles seem quite threatened by Harley Reid. Some of the sledging says more about them than anything really.

Like the inevitably of a future with a resurgent Eagles side with a headline grabbing star charismatic midfielder is an affront to their brand of acceptable mediocrity or something.

A lot of West Coast supporters bringing it back on Freo being jealous. I doubt it. I’m sure we are pretty happy where our young midfield is at.

What is going to be interesting is seeing this thread change from happy to angry from West Coast supporters if Harley does decide to leave in a-couple of years. Watch it turn into JHF 2.0.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot of West Coast supporters bringing it back on Freo being jealous. I doubt it. I’m sure we are pretty happy where our young midfield is at.

What is going to be interesting is seeing this thread change from happy to angry from West Coast supporters if Harley does decide to leave in a-couple of years. Watch it turn into JHF 2.0.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty much what I just said. Fremantle are very happy with their adequate midfield . And that's fine with everyone.

IMO and history shows if your a WA team and you want to win a premiership one day you need to be better then adequate. You need to finish top two or top four at least and then you need to step up. You miss out on top two or top four with five or six loses most seasons and that's hard enough to achieve with all the interstate travel.

So you need to be exceptional to win a premiership from WA . Adequate is not the standard the Eagles want to be happy with .Harley Reid will probably fly past adequate into exceptional pretty quick .That's the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of non-WC fans seem to have turned on this lad, which I don't really get. Tall poppy syndrome I guess.

He has swagger yes, but understandable and we all know that can be a useful trait in the gun players. He'll learn some lessons along the way along with general maturity of age.

Pending a disaster like injuries etc, he will be frighteningly good in a couple years, if not sooner.

Fair enough mate. I agree it’s ridiculous that he misses out on the Rising Star merely for an overzealous tackle. It’s like Corey McKernan missing out for a hand trip. It’s bloody unfair.
Should separate suspensions into “footy actions” (tackles, bumps) and non footy actions (striking, eye gouging etc) so only a non footy action disqualifies you from this (and Brownlow)

A lot of non-WC fans seem to have turned on this lad, which I don't really get. Tall poppy syndrome I guess.
seth meyers GIF

He turned 19 last month, and was drafted at 18 just like almost all of the others

Pretty much what I just said. Fremantle are very happy with their adequate midfield . And that's fine with everyone.

IMO and history shows if your a WA team and you want to win a premiership one day you need to be better then adequate. You need to finish top two or top four at least and then you need to step up. You miss out on top two or top four with five or six loses most seasons and that's hard enough to achieve with all the interstate travel.

So you need to be exceptional to win a premiership from WA . Adequate is not the standard the Eagles want to be happy with .Harley Reid will probably fly past adequate into exceptional pretty quick .That's the point.
Agree you have to be top 4. That's not just WA clubs though. It's pretty standard across the league.

Would you consider the Eagles 2018 midfield exceptional?

Hutchings, Reddern, Yeo, Sheed, Masten and Shuey were the players named.

Not sure.

All I can say to West Coast supporters upset about Harley being ineligible for the Rising Star is that I remember a player from my team who was considered a Monty for the award in his debut year but was ineligible due to a one week suspension. It was, btw, the only suspension he has received in his career, which next week will reach the magic 300 game mark. But if Harley goes on to win three Norm Smiths like Dusty, you won't lose any sweat over this injustice. Brett Deledio won the Rising Star and Dusty didn't. Brett Deledio spent the 2017 Grand Final at Taronga Zoo. Dusty won the Brownlow and the Norm Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back