Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't get those at a massive discount do you? It's a commercial transaction.

The asset just prints cash and provide very good returns.

Now the club would make introductions and assist with a player getting finance but they can't arrange for one to be sold for $1. Say like pubs in Geelong.

Happy Ryan Gosling GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
So buying a pub isn’t a commercial transaction? As you said HJ is a license to print money, pubs are hard work. Give ya head a wobble.

And Melbourne is even bigger.

Hence why Geelong is a likely destination if he moves one day.

Geez. I'm feeling crook thinking about that.....

Sad Jim Carrey GIF
I hope he stays where he is and continue to grow into the absolute superstar we all know he can be.

Of course unless he wants to come to the dark side and play with Collingwood ;)

So buying a pub isn’t a commercial transaction? As you said HJ is a license to print money, pubs are hard work. Give ya head a wobble.

It's the $1 purchase price that made alot of heads wobble mate.

But yes. A $1 purchase may be totally legitimate. But it certainly raises more eyebrows than forking out for example $1 million for a HJ franchise.

I think he'll sign a 1 or 2 year contract extension next season and then ask to be traded to a Vic club in 2027 or 2028.

Same feeling I had with Judd. Just feels inevitable that he'll go back to Vic. If so I hope we get a good return.
Why the **** do people keep saying he's Judd.

Dude management said hes happy to sign a single year extension. That means he will be here for 4 years. Judd stayed for 6. Huge difference.

In order for Harley to be chris judd he would need to sign a three year extension.

If his stance on single year extension doesn't change then he's no chris judd. I see Haley reid as either.

1. One club player
2. Leaving as soon as his initial contract is finished

He doesn't give the vibe of a person that beats around the bush

Reid would not be pushed out for every pick in the next two drafts. You dont understand how westcoast work. We still have loyalty, that is the reason we have been struggling with all these one foot in the grave players. It's also why we have 4 flags and a strong culture.

If Richmond were smart, now is the time to strike and get ahead of the curve on this one.

Pick 1,6,9 and Baker for Reid probably would be accpeted by us. A big overpay by Richmond but they simply need a new marketable face with everything thats gone on.
Probably good business by the Eagles, his next contract is going to be eye watering

I have no idea what the hell Reid is likely to do, all I know is if I was him I'd be doing any extension to the same time when tassie come in. Want to stay at West Coast, want to go to Victoria, doesnt matter, either way. use Tassie as the ammo to get what will probably be the biggest afl contract ever at that time.
I'd love for Harley to be a lifelong Eagle but if his management isn't telling him to do this he should be looking for a new agent.

I think a lot will depend on whether the Eagles can move up the ladder in 2025 or 26 and contend for finals. If they're still in the bottom 4 come end of 26 they may struggle to keep him.
Yes and no. There's a world where we're still bottom 4-6 in 2026 but looking to turn the corner in 2027. I expect we'll be mid table, maybe playing finals by 2027 (2028 more likely) but we'll be moving in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably good business by the Eagles, his next contract is going to be eye watering
Thankfully 60k crowds every fortnight and every kid in the state wearing number 9 on their back will help pay for it

If Richmond were smart, now is the time to strike and get ahead of the curve on this one.

Pick 1,6,9 and Baker for Reid probably would be accpeted by us. A big overpay by Richmond but they simply need a new marketable face with everything thats gone on.

why would richmond do that? without rioli, martin, bolton and co they worst than the eagles so whats in it for reid?

tigers better off taking all those picks to the draft and then see what reid up to end of 2026.

Why the **** do people keep saying he's Judd.

Dude management said hes happy to sign a single year extension. That means he will be here for 4 years. Judd stayed for 6. Huge difference.

In order for Harley to be chris judd he would need to sign a three year extension.

If his stance on single year extension doesn't change then he's no chris judd. I see Haley reid as either.

1. One club player
2. Leaving as soon as his initial contract is finished

He doesn't give the vibe of a person that beats around the bush

Is Harley someone who would extend for a year to guarantee his income for three more years in case of injury or concussion affecting his career?

We just saw a draftee in year 1 retire due to concussion.

If Harley doesn't extend he is only guaranteed rookie wages for two more years and that's it. You get medically retired in the next two years and didn't extend you are risking a fair bit.

If Harley, his family and manager were smart they would extend by 1 year at $2m for the extra year 4. At least then he is guaranteed he will earn $2.5m over his first 4 years. Not just rookie wages.

My goodness.

I'll give ya pick 1 for Reid and maybe one of our later picks so you can then try bundle it up for another first rounder.

Go to the draft with picks 1 & 3.

BTW I'm taking the mickey before everyone melts. Pick 1,6, 9 & Baker LMAO too funny.

Pick 1,6,9 Bolton and Baker for Reid, done deal.

Is Harley someone who would extend for a year to guarantee his income for three more years in case of injury or concussion affecting his career?

We just saw a draftee in year 1 retire due to concussion.

If Harley doesn't extend he is only guaranteed rookie wages for two more years and that's it. You get medically retired in the next two years and didn't extend you are risking a fair bit.

If Harley, his family and manager were smart they would extend by 1 year at $2m for the extra year 4. At least then he is guaranteed he will earn $2.5m over his first 4 years. Not just rookie wages.
Let's take it to the extreme. Harley is in his third year and hasn't signed his contract extension yet. You reckon he's going to extend his contract for one year.

Do you know how clownish that sounds. I don't think wce would be thrilled by that as well. His management may push it. But Harley I doubt would and wce I doubt would.

Reid would not be pushed out for every pick in the next two drafts. You dont understand how westcoast work. We still have loyalty, that is the reason we have been struggling with all these one foot in the grave players. It's also why we have 4 flags and a strong culture.
Loyal supporters too, very impressive crowds despite a rough few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back