Player Watch Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman had some CBA attendances throughout 2022.

Rd 10 - 51%, 30 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles and a goal. 16 CP’s, 10 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 7 clearances
Rd 11 - 77%, 22 disposals, 10 CP’s, 6 tackles
Rd 20 - 46%, 22 disposals, 12 CP’s, 4 clearances
Rd 21 - 89%, 23 disposals, 12 CP’s, 6 clearances and a goal
Rd 22 - 90%, 23 disposals, 14 tackles
Rd 23 - 92%, 24 disposals, 12 CP’s, 7 intercept possessions, 5 clearances

Very exciting addition, could be a 23-25 possession, 12-14 CP player with an enormous amount of defensive + intercept ability. Love the pickup.

Rd 10 - 51%, 30 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles and a goal. 16 CP’s, 10 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 7 clearances

Very exciting addition, could be a 23-25 possession, 12-14 CP player with an enormous amount of defensive + intercept ability. Love the pickup.
Yeah no offence to WHE but those contested possession numbers certainly don’t make it seem like Perryman is being brought in for the WHE role!

Why does everyone think he'll reduce the load on Nick?
Nick is still going to be the hit to guy and will always be on the move anyway. So nothing is going to change in that regard.

If anything, he moves to the wing (if Jaicos continues to play HBF) or he takes IQ spot at HB and allows him to move to the wing (as we saw in the last few games).

Its intriguing what the club will do with him.

Either way, plays multiple positions (which is 100% what we want from our players).
So is a good addition.

I'm not seeing the comparison to whe
ok cool

I do

He seems to be a utility which is exactly what WHE is.

He can play back, he can play forward and he can play midfield (which WHE doesn't seem to be able to).

A very clean player who is equally good off the left foot as he is off the right.

Clean and competitive, has a love for the 1 %’s and the dirty work. A team first player who, if allowed, will thrive in the midfield, be it inside mid (in my opinion he’s best suited role) or even on a wing.

Has flexibility and discipline to lock down at half back.

But ideally will be our first possession mid, who will have a leaning to the defensive duties at stoppage.

Great get!
I love the sound of this.

He seems to be a utility which is exactly what WHE is.
So is Crisp, Nick, Lippa and Sidey who all play multiple running roles.

WHE is unique as he plays tall forward and outside runner. I can't think of anyone else in the league who does that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Crisp, Nick, Lippa and Sidey who all play multiple running roles.

WHE is unique as he plays tall forward and outside runner. I can't think of anyone else in the league who does that.

They're the same height mate and Perryman played forward a lot in 2020 where he even kicked 4 in a game. Something I believe Will has also done.

We've pencilled Perryman in for a midfield role

Again, you can choose not to see him as the WHE successor, I guess you have some reason not to? But I equally have just as many reasons to see him as such. Given I've also seen a couple of others make the same comparison, I doubt I'm that far off

Love this, anything over the last two years?

It shows that he can very much step into the midfield and perform, and it’s not just a pipe dream (ie Zac Williams)

They're the same height mate and Perryman played forward a lot in 2020 where he even kicked 4 in a game. Something I believe Will has also done.

We've pencilled Perryman in for a midfield role

Again, you can choose not to see him as the WHE successor, I guess you have some reason not to? But I equally have just as many reasons to see him as such. Given I've also seen a couple of others make the same comparison, I doubt I'm that far off
I would have thought "we've pencilled Perryman in for a midfield role " would be enough to see it's not a good comparison, nor that he's likely to be viewed as a whe replacement.

Perryman is a standard running player - like a heap of blokes you could use him mid, wing, half forward or half back. He slots in with our group who will play through those midfield and quasi midfield roles throughout the year: Nick, Sidey, Josh, Crisp, Pendles.

I would have thought "we've pencilled Perryman in for a midfield role " would be enough to see it's not a good comparison, nor that he's likely to be viewed as a whe replacement.

Perryman is a standard running player - like a heap of blokes you could use him mid, wing, half forward or half back. He slots in with our group who will play through those midfield and quasi midfield roles throughout the year: Nick, Sidey, Josh, Crisp, Pendles.

I'm just basing that on reports that are out there

Allegedly we've promised him more midfield time as GWS had pigeon holed him into half back flank

I don't think that necessarily means there's no chance of him being used as a utility.

In the end it's a pointless argument based on nothing more than a comparison opinion. He'll play wherever he plays. We have a bunch of 30 plus year olds which we need to start looking to replace. Right now, I view him as taking over in that role when it all shakes out.

If that isn't the case, it really doesn't matter

Dont welcome the Perryman
Don't even post highlights

Don't welcome the Perryman
Till he signs on the dotted liiiiiiine
Nicely done!

I keep singing

Let's pay the Perryman
Let get him in our side
Let's pay the Perryman
Then I get stuck for a last line! lol

I haven't stopped singing don't pay the ferryman in my head since all the talk of Perryman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back